The Manchester United Thread

Samuel Luckhurst
@samuelluckhurst
United have signed Charlie McNeill in a deal that could rise to £1.35m #mufc #mcfc

Simon Peach
@SimonPeach
Luke Shaw will make his return in #MUFC's friendly against #AVFC tomorrow. The left-back missed the end of the season with an ankle issue. Solskjaer told club media: "Luke is looking really good in training. He's come back looking strong & will play in the friendly against Villa"

Simon Peach
@SimonPeach
#MUFC have confirmed the signings of Marc Jurado, Alvaro Fernandez & Isak Hansen-Aaroen for the youth team. Atletico Madrid's Alejandro Garnacho & Manchester City's Charlie McNeill set to join them down the line

Deji Sotona has left #MUFC after turning down a new deal. A three-year pro contract was on table but the 17-year-old's desire for first-team football & wages United were not willing to pay led to exit. Sotona has been linked to a variety of clubs in recent months

Eerily quiet on the United transfer front (good or bad who knows), but I really wanted to have at least a few signings in before the start of season. That won't be happening now, even if we do make a signing in next few days, they'll likely have to quarantine.

Is anyone even that confident about us if we make no more signings this season? I think we're going to really struggle. We badly need a couple more at least or else I think we're missing out on top 4. Sorry for the optimists out there!

Eerily quiet on the United transfer front (good or bad who knows), but I really wanted to have at least a few signings in before the start of season. That won't be happening now, even if we do make a signing in next few days, they'll likely have to quarantine.

Is anyone even that confident about us if we make no more signings this season? I think we're going to really struggle. We badly need a couple more at least or else I think we're missing out on top 4. Sorry for the optimists out there!
I think we will make atleast a couple of signings. And it is strange that we aren't linked to every player on the planet. Refreshing, but strange. Let's see. If we sign a RW/LB, then I'm confident of a Top-4 finish. Otherwise, I doubt we will. We may scrape 4th (or likely 5th) otherwise.

I'm hoping the club has back-ups incase of no Sancho (and I pray it's not some short term loan deal for Bale/Costa). Someone like Sarr/Chiesa could help. Let's see.

I mean another potential issue we have is Ighalo goes in January I believe, Martial usually gets injured at some point in the season. So what exactly is our striker options second half of season? Greenwood and Rashford, but then we have no left to right wing then either. :ROFLMAO:

Not suggesting striker is priority... but I think it's an overlook potential problem we may have.

Think that’s the main thing lol. It’s just so un Utd fans don’t know what to think. Don’t think Ighalo will go in Jan. will extend to the end of the season imo.

The exit door must be beckoning for both Smalling and Rojo. Both been training away from the first team on separate pitches and will no longer be aloud to train with the first team regulars.

Neil Wood: "There’s a group which, if they’re not in the first team, are ready to go on loan. Jimmy Garner is ready to go on loan, Di’Shon Bernard too – and possibly Arnau Puigmal." [@TheAthleticUK]

Neil Wood: "So we know it’s going to be a challenging season ahead, but I think that’s the right thing to do and the club agree. Let those guys go out and play on loan in the Championship, League One or abroad. Let them get into a first-team environment, ready to return for us. [@TheAthleticUK]

James Ducker
@TelegraphDucker
Charlie McNeil has rejoined
#mufc from #mcfc, whom he moved to in 2013. Juve, RB Leipzig,
Celtic, Rangers, Wolves wanted him but was determined to return to OT. £675k rising to £1.4m. 3yr contract with option of 4th yr that can be triggered on 18th b-day.

Lethal finisher. Over 600 academy goals in his 7 years at City. Areas to improve on but a very interesting prospect. Juventus were offering a very lucrative package but he’s a boyhood United fan and was adamant he wanted to go back to the club.

Crud.

U18’s game has been frustratingly postponed.

I’ll have to personally make do with just the mini-Derby belter opener to the 23’s season tomorrow now. And the small matter of one of the best historical rivalry’s in football being rekindled against Leeds this tea-time .....