The Manchester United Thread

Crud.

U18’s game has been frustratingly postponed.

I’ll have to personally make do with just the mini-Derby belter opener to the 23’s season tomorrow now. And the small matter of one of the best historical rivalry’s in football being rekindled against Leeds this tea-time .....
Any reason why mate?

Lingard and Pereira wearing a United shirt again and probably going to at least get 30 games between them this season...... fgs.

Under 16s
Man Utd 3-3 Liverpool
Sam Mather ⚽
TBC⚽
TBC⚽

Under 15s
Man Utd 2-1 West Brom
Tom Jones ⚽
Denim Nnamudi ⚽

Thank god it wasn’t serious!

Laurie Whitwell
@lauriewhitwell
Scans show Ethan Laird hamstring injury not serious. In contention to play vs Leicester U23s on Monday.

Possible Championship loan still being worked on.

Just a quick update. Speaking to some Werder Bremen fans. There first comp game today in a cup match. 0-0 at HT. Chong came on and absolutely changed the game ending in a 2-0 win and him scoring the second goal with a great composed finished ??

Just finished watching the Villa game. The ressies actually played pretty well. Villa didnt actually do anything and there goal was fortunate. We should of had 2 pens one on James and one on Ighalo.

Shaw looked fit and didn’t show no signs of struggling for fitness or his injury giving him any problems. Played pretty well. Created some good chances.

James was dangerous throughout and could of had 4 assists if not for some rusty finishing or the attackers not being in the box for his good low crossing.

VDB was absolute class. Good passing, control and great when pressed and put under pressure. Nearly scored.

TFM, Dalot were also pretty good. And the youngsters didn’t look out of place. Think 4/5-1 to Utd would of been a fairer score.

Yeah, it means nothing but I'm more worried about this squad going into the new season. Same old tried and failed players who will get many games once again.
Certainly getting to be a worry. If Woodward expected Dortmund to reduce their price this late on, then he was undeniably naive. They won't, they don't need to and it was obvious to everyone (maybe bar Woodward?). We atleast need two players in and there seems to be no signs of movement. I swear, I will lose it if they go for Bale for a short term loan. If no Sancho, just move on, get someone like Sarr and put an end to this fiasco, ffs.

Certainly getting to be a worry. If Woodward expected Dortmund to reduce their price this late on, then he was undeniably naive. They won't, they don't need to and it was obvious to everyone (maybe bar Woodward?). We atleast need two players in and there seems to be no signs of movement. I swear, I will lose it if they go for Bale for a short term loan. If no Sancho, just move on, get someone like Sarr and put an end to this fiasco, ffs.

Every time we make top 4 they set us back again with their shambles of a transfer window, I'm convinced at this point they only care about CL. But what they don't seem to grasp is if you don't invest then you fall behind and will miss out on top 4 likely. From what I've seen this season is going to be way more competitive, teams will be generally stronger and even Leeds have invested more than us on transfers.

Yes someone come in and say we have still 3 weeks left blah blah, do your business in time and be prepared for first game like other competent clubs. Don't put all your eggs in one basket and then wonder why you've got no ****** time left. Seen all this before and it does my head in so much! Sancho is a marquee signing, not the be all and end all, a player like Sarr would still do a lot for us. I'd take him regardless when you consider we have an out of form Rashford and Greenwood relied on to lead the attack for a whole season.

Every time we make top 4 they set us back again with their shambles of a transfer window, I'm convinced at this point they only care about CL. But what they don't seem to grasp is if you don't invest then you fall behind and will miss out on top 4 likely. From what I've seen this season is going to be way more competitive, teams will be generally stronger and even Leeds have invested more than us on transfers.

Yes someone come in and say we have still 3 weeks left blah blah, do your business in time and be prepared for first game like other competent clubs. Don't put all your eggs in one basket and then wonder why you've got no ****** time left. Seen all this before and it does my head in so much! Sancho is a marquee signing, not the be all and end all, a player like Sarr would still do a lot for us. I'd take him regardless when you consider we have an out of form Rashford and Greenwood relied on to lead the attack for a whole season.
Yeah. And honestly, I wasn't very fussed about a LB at the start of the window, but kinda makes sense to go for one, considering Shaw's injury record, Williams being more natural on the right and Dalot out of favour. Plus, I think Shaw is the only natural left footed fullback in our squad. I honestly would have liked us to take a look at Lewis as a back-up to Shaw, but it's okay. Reguilon seems doubtful, and I think he would create unrest in moving back to Madrid at the first opportunity. Maybe Telles? But he's a Mendes client, I'm expecting he will end up at Wolves eventually.

I still think we need one defender and one player on the right. I would have loved to have a central defender more, but that doesn't seem possible this season, so maybe a LB and a RW, and we will still be good. However, the fact that we are still firmly behind Sancho is the more worrying factor. IF it can't happen at something we are agreeable with, close the conversation and move on. Someone like Sarr/Chiesa will help. Especially since Sarr would probably be available at around the same price as what we paid for van de Beek. We can still go back for Sancho next year, if need be.

My biggest worry is going after players like Bale/Costa for the short term or someone like Dembele permanently (at the last minute). Unpopular opinion maybe, but I'd rather not sign a right attacker than get them through. Can't blame Woodward for the slow pace Dortmund are holding to, but we can blame him for not having/going after alternates.

FWIW, I think if Wilson goes to Leeds as expected this week, and a few other dominoes fall, along with a Brewster loan, there’s a strong possibility L’pool will move for Sarr as he’s a Mané clone in the making with the right coaching to his development.

One to watch as the Watford lad is the current topicof conversation.