The Manchester United Thread

Jimenez is a good player but he's too old by then, 30 year old for the price they will want.... Jota was the one to go for... oh wait :D
Depends on the price definetly, but they might let him go easier like Doherty was. Never know. And 30 year old is no age for striker who is not dependet on pace.

Just think that might be time to cash in on Martial and try something else - depends on the season but more natural strikers would benefit more the team.

Liverpool have Firmino, Origi and Jota - But their tactics are completly different breed, the tactical awarnes and fluid movment is several steps ahead.

When you had several top strikers was the time when mostly was played 2 at top also, lets not forget about that. But the point is still there I think.

If we talk about attacking United should go all out for Jimenez next summer if Wolves fail to do anything and selle Martial to PSG for example if Mbappe leaves. You need all out natural foward who consistantly gives you prime gametime. Perfect player who will make and score goals. This would be sensible move even tough Jimenez is one of fav strikers for me and would not want to see him in United shirt.
I agree Jimenez would be a good signing. But at the cost of selling martial. Absolutely not!

Henderson will make his Utd senior first team debut tonight starting in goal.

Watch what it's like to have a keeper that commands and reassures his backline. Don't get me wrong, our defence is a shambles but my god De Gea offers no reassurance behind them in terms of organisation or commanding his area.

Liverpool have Firmino, Origi and Jota - But their tactics are completly different breed, the tactical awarnes and fluid movment is several steps ahead.

When you had several top strikers was the time when mostly was played 2 at top also, lets not forget about that. But the point is still there I think.

If we talk about attacking United should go all out for Jimenez next summer if Wolves fail to do anything and selle Martial to PSG for example if Mbappe leaves. You need all out natural foward who consistantly gives you prime gametime. Perfect player who will make and score goals. This would be sensible move even tough Jimenez is one of fav strikers for me and would not want to see him in United shirt.

Jimenez would be 30 by then so nah

Watch what it's like to have a keeper that commands and reassures his backline. Don't get me wrong, our defence is a shambles but my god De Gea offers no reassurance behind them in terms of organisation or commanding his area.
A commanding keeper is what most defenders need. It will be interesting to see how Sheff Utd cope without Henderson this season (even without the so called second season syndrome), especially if the record last season of 4 games and only one win without him is anything to go by.

A commanding keeper is what most defenders need. It will be interesting to see how Sheff Utd cope without Henderson this season (even without the so called second season syndrome), especially if the record last season of 4 games and only one win without him is anything to go by.
Yep, as you need to accommodate player you payed 90m for. You would think he would lift everyone else, not needing something extra to lift him up.

Such a mess, I have no clue what the **** we are doing, one moment leaving, next moment staying, next moment leaving.

Even with such a tap in transfer on the surface such as Telles, we make it seem like prizing honey from a bee. It's mind-boggling.

Anyway who's your money on for who we sign at RW? The favourite atm for me is: Brooks.... or no one at all, which is a travesty I don't want to think about.

Such a mess, I have no clue what the **** we are doing, one moment leaving, next moment staying, next moment leaving.

Even with such a tap in transfer on the surface such as Telles, we make it seem like prizing honey from a bee. It's mind-boggling.

Anyway who's your money on for who we sign at RW? The favourite atm for me is: Brooks.... or no one at all, which is a travesty I don't want to think about.
IF it's noone, then that's effectively a mess of our season, as RW is a real point of weakness. My guess would be Sarr, but let's see.

True that most of what you said. This time it sounds like Roma is being the main problem. Changing the offer then going after other targets first then putting Smalling in a waiting game. It’s strange from Roma as everything there manager talks about him you would think he has Smalling ***** in his hand lol.

RW it defo won’t be anyone like Costa, Perisic. Completely against anything Ole has said in regards to targets/ squad building for the future LT success. Barca have completely ruled out Dembele going anywhere. I like Sarr but sounds like we are being used to drum up Pools interest. For me it’s still Sancho till you get that dreaded club brief. After that god knows because the club have gone all hush hush on potential targets since Ole has arrived.

Still think we will get 3 more signings. 2 definately a RW and LB. Then 3 if we shift a couple out likely a CB.

Smalling has been with you from 2010, 300+ appereance, been through so huge ups and downs. Never has shown disrespect to the club or fans(Not that i have noticed, can correct me). He is clearly unwanted by new manager and is being pushed away. Why not give him a move out???? It more seemed that United tried to get every penny from this deal. Yeah, maybe Roma tried to lowball somewhat.

I know they need to show off their power and not let players go easy, but Smalling deserves better treatment. So many big clubs are letting their long term players leave for smaller fee as respect out of the club. He is not going to your direct rivals in league either. Why United cant do something similar and now lumping him around in these times. 17-20mil should be enough to accept, if I remember Roma offer right.

Sry, but this feels United mistreating player. It is not worth the hussle and showing you from this side to the players.

Smalling has been with you from 2010, 300+ appereance, been through so huge ups and downs. Never has shown disrespect to the club or fans(Not that i have noticed, can correct me). He is clearly unwanted by new manager and is being pushed away. Why not give him a move out???? It more seemed that United tried to get every penny from this deal. Yeah, maybe Roma tried to lowball somewhat.

I know they need to show off their power and not let players go easy, but Smalling deserves better treatment. So many big clubs are letting their long term players leave for smaller fee as respect out of the club. He is not going to your direct rivals in league either. Why United cant do something similar and now lumping him around in these times. 17-20mil should be enough to accept, if I remember Roma offer right.

Sry, but this feels United mistreating player.
Wtf Roma last offer was 12m euros. We want about 20. Sorry the club have done absolutely nothing wrong here. He’s been told since last summer he could leave and wasn’t in Ole plans.

We agreed a deal for a low loan fee last year under the so called agreement Roma would sign him this summer for a respectable fee for between 18-20m. They have come back with nothing but silly offers ever since the window opened.

Wtf Roma last offer was 12m euros. We want about 20. Sorry the club have done absolutely nothing wrong here. He’s been told since last summer he could leave and wasn’t in Ole plans.

We agreed a deal for a low loan fee last year under the so called agreement Roma would sign him this summer for a respectable fee for between 18-20m. They have come back with nothing but silly offers ever since the window opened.
Okey my thought was 17mil was from rome and you wanted 25-30mil. But the cap stays the same pretty much. Cant demand high value if you publici announce player is out from our club, that way you give all he negotiation power to others.
Still think wage cut off and hussel is not worth it. Figure out some add on and be done with it.

Sry, but this feels United mistreating player. It is not worth the hussle and showing you from this side to the players.
What clubs are letting players leave due to valued service, though? Practically noone. Most free transfers that are happening are because the club wants to get rid of the player and his wages. Besides, it's not a ridiculous valuation, and it makes no sense to let him leave below what we value him at, especially considering our current CB scenario. Much rather keep him for a year and let him leave on a free. ****, he would be a better option than Lindelof right now.

I think the club will let him leave around 18 Mn, but if Roma just want to jerk around, they are free to do that, good on the club for not accepting those demands. I'm generally the first one to criticise Woodward, and he still deserves a **** ton of it even now, but in a couple of cases (Haaland, Reguilon etc) he has done good.

Okey my thought was 17mil was from rome and you wanted 25-30mil. But the cap stays the same pretty much. Cant demand high value if you publici announce player is out from our club, that way you give all he negotiation power to others.
Still think wage cut off and hussel is not worth it. Figure out some add on and be done with it.
That’s works both ways with the Roma manager talking about how much he wants to sign him and how great he was last season just 1 night ago

I still think Smalling's our best defender, which is the most :ROFLMAO: part about all this.