The Manchester United Thread

Even the likes of Ronadleo and Messi need a kick up the A** now and again don't forget. ;)
Maguire is 26, bought for world record fee for a defender and 13th overall. When Ronaldo came at Real, he was already their best player scoring something dumb like 26 goals in 28 games. Messi at 20 years was already considered the best player in the world, and at age of 22 he was winning Ballon d'Or.

I never got as excited watching someone at United defend as how I would with Eric Bailly that season. Dude was a mad man and the most complete CB we've had following Rio Ferdinand as well. Strong, quick and his ball playing ability is/was underrated.
And reckless. There's nothing more terrible for a defender than to be reckless. Luckily for him, he has mad athleticism to recover, similar to Rio. But then the other part of Bailly problem kicked. His injury record and he's pretty much the same player he was at Villareal. In 4 seasons at Old Trafford, he has only 85 games.

Maguire is 26, bought for world record fee for a defender and 13th overall. When Ronaldo came at Real, he was already their best player scoring something dumb like 26 goals in 28 games. Messi at 20 years was already considered the best player in the world, and at age of 22 he was winning Ballon d'Or.
And.... what's that got to do with them getting shouted at when they make a mistake. It doesn't matter whether a player is a world record fee, the best player in the world or a freebie once they walk on the pitch they are just as likely to need to be told what to do/encouraged/b*******d by other players.

And.... what's that got to do with them getting shouted at when they make a mistake. It doesn't matter whether a player is a world record fee, the best player in the world or a freebie once they walk on the pitch they are just as likely to need to be told what to do/encouraged/b*******d by other players.
That's true, I misunderstood your point.

And reckless. There's nothing more terrible for a defender than to be reckless. Luckily for him, he has mad athleticism to recover, similar to Rio. But then the other part of Bailly problem kicked. His injury record and he's pretty much the same player he was at Villareal. In 4 seasons at Old Trafford, he has only 85 games.

Unfortunately, his injuries have stagnated his development. Heart breaking to see as if he had the time to iron out his decision making on when to come out to attack/press, he's your perfect stopper.

I wonder what the chances would be for a penalty to be awarded in each of the four games tonight, it's looking good so far with 6 penalties already in the other 3 games!!!

Do you guys feel the difference in quality between United players who got substituted in and out? With Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood, it's completely different United.

Do you guys feel the difference in quality between United players who got substituted in and out? With Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood, it's completely different United.

That's what I'm worried about. We rely too much on individual quality

Decent win. More fitness under the belt. Bailly MOTM by a mile has to partner Maguire, who looked loads more comfortable next to him.

Good debut for Henderson couple top saves and showed great concentration.

Most encouraging sign for me was Rashford cameo. Put in the effort and tracked backed. But more importantly actually beat his man and ran past him in a pure sprint, which he hadn’t done since his return. Oh and off the mark now.

Greenwood deadly. Put on a lot of pace also I’ve noticed.

Absolutely can’t stand Lingard!!!!

You can only do so much with dross players. Sure, OGS needs to become better at tactical approach but it's unrealistic to expect from Mata and Lingard to play like Ronaldo and Kaka.

This is a championship side tho. IDC if this was our B or C team, we shouldn't have struggled as much as we did in the first hour

This is a championship side tho. IDC if this was our B or C team, we shouldn't have struggled as much as we did in the first hour
We wouldn’t of done if Lingard didn’t waste nearly every attack we had. I honestly can’t remember the last time I gave genuinely been frustrated/ boarderline angry watching a player.

We wouldn’t of done if Lingard didn’t waste nearly every attack we had. I honestly can’t remember the last time I gave genuinely been frustrated/ boarderline angry watching a player.
7ed4a34b93f58ed18db1f1c831a49df9.jpg