The Manchester United Thread

I just slowly rewatched the shambles of a match yesterday and I couldn't help but notice...why was Shaw and AWB always positioned very narrowly? This has been a reoccurring theme for the past few games now. Seems like they're asked to track their opposite numbers even when they drift into the half spaces.

The issue with this is it gave Reguillon and Aurier so much space to work with (no one tracked them, especially Aurier. I'd say this is a tactical problem from OGS

We’ve been signing these so called ’fantastic’ generational talents now for years, are any of them even close to first team? All we’ve seen break through is the ones United had in the ****** first place like Greenwood, Rashford, McTominay, Garner, Mengi, Laird.

Where are all these players? What about the Traore we already have for example... Allou Traore I think his name is.
Traore has only just turned 19 and has gone out on loan at Nice to play football and gain experience. Armani Puigmal is another one again he’s only just turned 19. Most of the talent abroad we signed when they were 16. So obviously they won’t be in the first team yet.

Another thing I don’t understand not in here btw. Is fans slagging off signings because we didn’t get Sancho. It’s not the new players fault ffs. Blame the ****** board. Can’t believe the stick Pillistri and Amad are getting on various Utd forums??‍♂️??‍♂️

What’s peoples thoughts on here formation wise. Do people prefer a back 4 or 5 looking at our squad after the window closes with the new signings and Smalling likely staying?

Another thing I don’t understand not in here btw. Is fans slagging off signings because we didn’t get Sancho. It’s not the new players fault ffs. Blame the ****** board. Can’t believe the stick Pillistri and Amad are getting on various Utd forums??‍♂️??‍♂️
You forget ToD most of those 'forum fans' only started supporting United in the '90's and think the club have a god given right to win everything and sign big names.

What’s peoples thoughts on here formation wise. Do people prefer a back 4 or 5 looking at our squad after the window closes with the new signings and Smalling likely staying?
Id have Smalling back in the team ASAP. Thats a no brainer for me. Too much focus on defenders that can play the ball but what's the point in that when they can't defend? That should be the priority. Id get VdB in next game as well for Pogba. I'd stick with the 4-2-3-1 but unless we improve a lot, especially in training and come up with anything resembling a plan, it won't matter one bit who is on the pitch.

You forget ToD most of those 'forum fans' only started supporting United in the '90's and think the club have a god given right to win everything and sign big names.
Yeah true mate. Something to remember. Most probably some even later.

Id have Smalling back in the team ASAP. Thats a no brainer for me. Too much focus on defenders that can play the ball but what's the point in that when they can't defend? That should be the priority. Id get VdB in next game as well for Pogba. I'd stick with the 4-2-3-1 but unless we improve a lot, especially in training and come up with anything resembling a plan, it won't matter one bit who is on the pitch.
Pretty much my thoughts mate. Yeah Pogba needs to be dropped. And would defo bring Smalling back in and try keeping some clean sheets and stop conceding from silly set pieces. Plus no point signing all these wide players lol the switching to 3 at the back.

Surprised we haven’t announced anyone yet officially or are we gonna announce about 6 players at the same time ?

Apparantly at HT yesterday Bruno and Maguire had a bust up, with Bruno telling Maguire he's not fit to wear the shirt. Bruno was so mad he was told to stay in the changing room at half time with Martial, and subbed.
Oh good. We need this in the dressing room, someone to round people up and tell it as it is. Love Bruno for this! A swift kick up the **** is desperately needed in the dressing room, and it can't always come from the manager. We haven't had someone this vocal since Keane, surely?

Apparantly at HT yesterday Bruno and Maguire had a bust up, with Bruno telling Maguire he's not fit to wear the shirt. Bruno was so mad he was told to stay in the changing room at half time with Martial, and subbed.

Why isn't Bruno captain yet? That's some keano-level bollocking right there ?

Good that’s another reason I wanted that signing. Telles is apparently of the same cloth and Cavani won’t take no s h i t e either!