The Manchester United Thread

Yers are gonna' make the Ev look like quality now Sat'day dinner aren't yer?

And then they'll all be chatting utter wham again about how they're gonna' win the league.

GOD **** IT! :mad:

If we lose to Everton we could be in the bottom 3 depending on other results I think. And if we lose to Istanbul next week we won’t get out the group and our season will be pretty much over.

Aside from anything, pray tell who exactly takes over?

Pochetino's a long shot and then some with City and Barcelona waiting. Allegri? He's the polar opposite of what you have now and a bad fit. Internally? Yeah, exactly.

As bad as he is, where would Utd turn after madly nailing their mast to him with the early extension?

Aside from anything, pray tell who exactly takes over?

Pochetino's a long shot and then some with City and Barcelona waiting. Allegri? He's the polar opposite of what you have now and a bad fit. Internally? Yeah, exactly.

As bad as he is, where would Utd turn after madly nailing their mast to him with the early extension?
No dissrespect, but I think the United phenomen and name is wearing down and why would Poch come in? There are good players in the squad but the hussle it is all surrounded from inside the club is so well known to everyone to see.
Really cant even point to someone would be up for the task, ten Hag would be nice fit, but does he have what it takes to fight with Ed?
Some players must go to raise funds and make room for others, wont be naming guys because I know people wont agree with one of them for sure.

PS. Knowing how City works and looks into the future(as they did with Pep), they could have already deal or long talks already with Poch to get him in as Pep is running out contract currently.

Last edited:
It's all irrelevant, the problems this season was always going to happen because they once again screwed up the transfer window.

I'm sick to death of seeing us have no legit wide players, all we do is put square pegs in round holes.

This squad is a bloated unbalanced mess. I think most of them should go, not just Pogba.... even the likes of McTominay, he's a bang average work hard and you'll make the team midfielder.

The manager is a part of the problem, but we all knew he didn't get his signings and the bigger problem is above him.

It's all irrelevant, the problems this season was always going to happen because they once again screwed up the transfer window.

I'm sick to death of seeing us have no legit wide players, all we do is put square pegs in round holes.

This squad is a bloated unbalanced mess. I think most of them should go, not just Pogba.... even the likes of McTominay, he's a bang average work hard and you'll make the team midfielder.

The manager is a part of the problem, but we all knew he didn't get his signings and the bigger problem is above him.
We all know the issue with Ed and the company. That is there to see for years. The issues run deep and far away for sure. But being inside the team for years now, Ole should see the situation also and know what to expect. Dont think finance info is big mystery for him.

But so did Ole knew the team situation, he knew the world situation with finance etc. I get that you see that as no backing for manager, but could it just be that there was no other target? Everyone wants the best ofcourse, but no team will get their way everytime as that cost ton of money. There should have been other option for winger, I think there are enough RW to elevate your team and would not cost 100 or even 50+ mil.
+ I think there is too much affection into some players who are not sold - true that not easy thing to do in COVID market.

What a complete shambles of a football club :ROFLMAO:
I'm so glad I gave football a back seat (as far back as possible). It's been three years since it's bothered me.
I watch a game until I stop being entertained, turn it off and forgot about it :)
Healthy thing to do. I've started to do the same from this season, a lot less gray hairs on my head since.

Healthy thing to do. I've started to do the same from this season, a lot less gray hairs on my head since.

I did it in all aspects of life too (don't worry... I'm no hippy).
But I stopped going nuts over stupid things, like losing a game of World Of Warships, bad drivers on the road, Manchester United or Irelands results etc...

I'm much happier.

Saw this. Thought it was really unfair on the fridge, to be honest. :p

1604573247222.png

We all know the issue with Ed and the company. That is there to see for years. The issues run deep and far away for sure. But being inside the team for years now, Ole should see the situation also and know what to expect. Dont think finance info is big mystery for him.

But so did Ole knew the team situation, he knew the world situation with finance etc. I get that you see that as no backing for manager, but could it just be that there was no other target? Everyone wants the best ofcourse, but no team will get their way everytime as that cost ton of money. There should have been other option for winger, I think there are enough RW to elevate your team and would not cost 100 or even 50+ mil.
+ I think there is too much affection into some players who are not sold - true that not easy thing to do in COVID market.

THIS.

A lot of united fans cry about OGS not getting his first choices. Did you know Ruben Dias wasn't Pep's first choice? He wanted Koulibaly and Kounde, they got neither due to financial reasons. He at least had back up. His whole "Sancho or bust" approach was amateurish and something I'd do on fifa.

No backup planning whatsoever and it shows on the pitch too when he basically has no plan B besides playing on the counter.

THIS.

A lot of united fans cry about OGS not getting his first choices. Did you know Ruben Dias wasn't Pep's first choice? He wanted Koulibaly and Kounde, they got neither due to financial reasons. He at least had back up. His whole "Sancho or bust" approach was amateurish and something I'd do on fifa.

No backup planning whatsoever and it shows on the pitch too when he basically has no plan B besides playing on the counter.
How do you know Ole didn't have a back up, all we do know is Woody, my noodles are wonderful, has to have his star signing and to **** with the other options.

I did it in all aspects of life too (don't worry... I'm no hippy).
But I stopped going nuts over stupid things, like losing a game of World Of Warships, bad drivers on the road, Manchester United or Irelands results etc...

I'm much happier.
Thats great to hear man!
There's no need to be annoyed over the things we cannot control.

How do you know Ole didn't have a back up, all we do know is Woody, my noodles are wonderful, has to have his star signing and to **** with the other options.
For starters, we weren't linked with any other wingers (other than Dembele which seemed more like a panic buy). Besides, if I do recall, JM always had backup options. For example, he originally wanted to sign Griezmann but we ended up signing Lukaku. From what I read on the athletic, Lukaku was JoMo's 2nd choice.

I know he's incompetent but even he knew that by August, Dortmund weren't budging and would've looked to alternatives

For starters, we weren't linked with any other wingers (other than Dembele which seemed more like a panic buy). Besides, if I do recall, JM always had backup options. For example, he originally wanted to sign Griezmann but we ended up signing Lukaku. From what I read on the athletic, Lukaku was JoMo's 2nd choice.

I know he's incompetent but even he knew that by August, Dortmund weren't budging and would've looked to alternatives
They weren't linked with Van Der Beek either and look where he ended up. Just because the media doesn't mention it doesn't mean there was stuff going on behind the doors. Woody left it all too late he thought Dortmund would crack but they didn't more fool him.