The Manchester United Thread

I dont get spending £30m on Traore one bit and letting Smalling go with no cover coming in. We need players now so Traore is irrelevent and will still be in January. I really hope Mengi is as good as Solskjaer things he is. If he ends up selling Smalling then when we get short keeps playing Rojo and Jones over Mengi I'll go down to Carrington and knock the **** out myself.
This is the problem with having about 100 cbs from about 6 managers. Not Oles fault but our failure to move them out has cost us bringing one in.

Tim Vickery was on Sky Sports earlier on, said the about Pellistri;

“He’s a teenage, Uruguayan playmaker, lovely balance, very fluid, bright, sees things. He reminds me a little bit of a kind of prototype David Silva with a lot more pace.
Didn't he also say he's nowhere near ready physically and still isnt physical enough for the league he's in now? And he thinks it could be the wrong move at the wrong time?

Absolutely zero improvements to the first 11, except Left back potentially. Not sure the board know how football works, every other big club has improved their 11.
Apart from RW/CB our 11 was good tbh the backup was rubbish we solved one but not both

This is the problem with having about 100 cbs from about 6 managers. Not Oles fault but our failure to move them out has cost us bringing one in.
Its 100% his fault for freezing Smalling out. If he wants rid of defenders then get rid of Rojo, and Jones if he was fit enough to pass a medical anywhere.

Its 100% his fault for freezing Smalling out. If he wants rid of defenders then get rid of Rojo, and Jones if he was fit enough to pass a medical anywhere.
It’s not his fault though. No one will pay for Rojo a fee and match or better the wages there on. He didn’t want either of these 3 but Smalling is the only one anyone wanted. The only blessing is that Rojo will be out of contract next summer. On Rojo 2 Argentina clubs wanted him on loan but Utd wouldn’t agree to pay some of his wages. Again that’s not Oles fault.

I dont get this deal at all. Wont pay the rest for Sancho and get him now when we desperately need him but spend this on a kid that wont come till January and for all we know could turn out worse than Dan James. I give up.
Shambles mate. I heard it's due to his work permit. This deal should've been completed months ago. Shambles

It’s not his fault though. No one will pay for Rojo a fee and match or better the wages there on. He didn’t want either of these 3 but Smalling is the only one anyone wanted. The only blessing is that Rojo will be out of contract next summer. On Rojo 2 Argentina clubs wanted him on loan but Utd wouldn’t agree to pay some of his wages. Again that’s not Oles fault.
Mybe out of his hands so fair enough but im sure any of us would rather have Rojo out of the door on loan even with paying some of his wages rather than keep him and sell Smalling. He could have come in next game and done a better job, and for the rest of the season. Rojo won't. And he's still on the books paying 100% of his wages

Shambles mate. I heard it's due to his work permit. This deal should've been completed months ago. Shambles
He’s been in talks for a move to Lyon for ages and literally only broke down today. He wanted Lyon move despite our earlier interest. Mitt everything is a shambles. It’s just been opportune that we were lucky to get the chance to get him.

Mybe out of his hands so fair enough but im sure any of us would rather have Rojo out of the door on loan even with paying some of his wages rather than keep him and sell Smalling. He could have come in next game and done a better job, and for the rest of the season. Rojo won't. And he's still on the books paying 100% of his wages
Totally agree. I was actually kinder happy when it looked like it would fall through and could stay, despite knowing he’s made it clear he wants out.

He was never going. Trust me lol
I believe Ducker. He said three clubs were in for him and Ole was willing to let him go for more game time. Williams along with his family decided to stay and fight for a place. Just hope he gets enough games. And doesn’t get lost in the pecking order.

I've just had a text from a lad who I think is higher than I am with the Sancho excitement-

Top the League. Best manager in the league, And if there's no more big signings, we've proper smashed the window again.

Whilst the redshite come back down to Earth at F Aston Villa! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Merseyside powershift is ON!

Bless his delusional little heart. Gonna' be a terrible let down for him when the Ev get volleyed all over in their Cup Final a week Sat'day. AGAIN!

Forget Sanho. That's made my night!
I think you got more emotionally involved in Sancho transfer to United than most United fans.

Cavani was given the no. 7 shirt. That's it lads, I'm getting a name change on behalf of this.

I think you got more emotionally involved in Sancho transfer to United than most United fans.

I've had an on-going thing since before last season ended with ToD when I told him there was absolutely ZERO way he was leaving Dortmund this summer. And he was convinced he was Utd bound. Hence the constant skitting.

Be kind to him. The reality is just hitting finally.