The Manchester United Thread

Did Mario end up at Watford?

I was pulling hard for that one. That would have been epic carnage!

Revised top 4 odds after the main window has shut. Betfair have apparently got the top 4 spot on in 8 out of the last 10 seasons-

1601937176779.jpeg

So after it’s all done this is who we now have for the season.

GK: DDG, Henderson, Romero, Grant

RB: AWB, TFM, Laird
LB: Shaw, Telles, Williams

CB: Maguire, Linderlof, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Rojo, Jones

CM: Pogba, Matic, Fernandes, VdB, Fred, McTominey

ATT: Martial, Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood, Mata, James, Ighalo, Lingard, Pallistri

Facundo Pellistri said: “To join a club with the history of Manchester United is a dream come true. I have learnt a lot at Penarol and I would like to thank them for everything they have done for me. To have the confidence of the manager is an amazing feeling and I know that working with him will be perfect for my development.

“I am coming into a squad full of great players who I will learn from every day. Everyone knows that Manchester United is a club that gives young players an opportunity and I am ready to work hard every day to earn those chances and prove myself in England.”

So a net spend of around 36-40m this summer.
In line with what I was saying before about what we spend when we have CL football. Also read something the other day saying the club has to make a profit of at least £65m every year or we get penalties from the bank loans the Glazers secured on the club. Makes sense that our net spend is normally pretty good enyway considering the profits we are supposed to make and the one year on one year off strategy we seem to have.