The Manchester United Thread

Fan appeasement lol. You obviously haven’t been paying attention to what a lot of fans think about him. More a marketing one if you want to look at it as certain way.

Still think it’s a good signing when you look at it for what it is. Reading this morning he will likely miss the Newcastle game. But in regards to fitness he’s been pretty much doing fitness training since he got released from PSG as he’s been posting his workouts on social media. And the club will already have him on a set regime for him to follow while under quarantine.

The season was going to be tough anyways after how things have been since lockdown ended and what’s gone off during the off season with certain players and Ole not getting any of his first choice signings. Still think we have strengthened a lot considering our problem last year was depth.
Where, though? The depth, I mean. Greenwood is still our starting RW. He will likely get way too many games at this age, which may not help his LT development. Telles, I'll give you, adds a different dimension, but how much, really, if our entire first team has gone off the boil?

Teams are now targeting AwB, and Greenwood not being a natural winger, is not coming back enough to support him (or atleast provide an option). And AwB's positioning was always kinda suspect, teams are just exploiting it a lot more now, doubling on him. Maguire, any marshalling of our defence seems to have vanished this season (I suspect Mykonos is still on his mind). Lindelof has been making too many mistakes, which wasn't the case last year (not as many mistakes). Pogba's new form since Fernandes seems to have been flushed away and James still hasn't been coached enough to not just run directly at players.

The board massively ****** up, yes, no excuses there. But I have had my doubts on Ole's training and coaching before, he needs to be getting more out these players. The defensive organisation has gone down the drain and our attacking was anyway more instinct driven rather than a set process. Just looking at how we tried to play and press in the three matches in the PL has been rather horrific. In theory, with our squad, we should have been 9 for 9, but we got battered by a Tottenham squad that had played a lot of games recently.

I suspect he is on a short leash, and if results don't improve in a month, he may well be sacked, especially with Pochettino still available. Whether anybody can work in the transfer window with this board, is an entirely different question altogether.

I’ve got nothing against Cavani, it’s just how we done it that made zero sense that it was ever anything but a last minute decision to get him. Why else would we sign a free agent on deadline day and not have him ready for the first games of the season sigh.

I guess this speaks generally to how we are just in no way prepared for this season which has been evident in all the games so far.
It’s obvious why it was last min. He wasn’t Ole first choice. We wasted god knows how much time with Madrid trying to get Jovic knowing full well he was never gonna leave as they already got rid of 2 str. But that doesn’t surprise me as we are run on the transfer side of things like a joke. I guess least they tried to get Ole his first choice but should of realised sooner. That’s why Simon Stoney said the other day Utd was in no rush for Cavani because they could sign him anytime but he was definately on Ole list for a back up str and not a flat out panic but like some people are going on about.

Where, though? The depth, I mean. Greenwood is still our starting RW. He will likely get way too many games at this age, which may not help his LT development. Telles, I'll give you, adds a different dimension, but how much, really, if our entire first team has gone off the boil?

Teams are now targeting AwB, and Greenwood not being a natural winger, is not coming back enough to support him (or atleast provide an option). And AwB's positioning was always kinda suspect, teams are just exploiting it a lot more now, doubling on him. Maguire, any marshalling of our defence seems to have vanished this season (I suspect Mykonos is still on his mind). Lindelof has been making too many mistakes, which wasn't the case last year (not as many mistakes). Pogba's new form since Fernandes seems to have been flushed away and James still hasn't been coached enough to not just run directly at players.

The board massively ****** up, yes, no excuses there. But I have had my doubts on Ole's training and coaching before, he needs to be getting more out these players. The defensive organisation has gone down the drain and our attacking was anyway more instinct driven rather than a set process. Just looking at how we tried to play and press in the three matches in the PL has been rather horrific. In theory, with our squad, we should have been 9 for 9, but we got battered by a Tottenham squad that had played a lot of games recently.

I suspect he is on a short leash, and if results don't improve in a month, he may well be sacked, especially with Pochettino still available. Whether anybody can work in the transfer window with this board, is an entirely different question altogether.
Telles is a top class attacking FB so that’s definitely strengthened us and give us another dimension to Shaw. I like Williams but he’s not ready to be a full time back up and I’d right footed.

VdB has again definitely strengthened us either as a Pogba or or Bruno replacement. No more relying on Lingard, Periera, Mata even though I still think he can contribute.

Cavani has strengthened us in attack and is hands down miles better than relying on Ighalo no matter how much a fan fave he is after his dream move. But he should be 3rd/4th choice at best. Plus Cavani also avoids a headache of scratching around in Jan for some to replace Ighalo. Would of most likely been King, Mandzukic.

I made my feelings perfectly clear on a RW top starter not coming in it’s a ****** joke. But if these 2 lads come in and live up to media/ player hype who have watched them it could be very shrewd business. As a squad as a whole we are definitely stronger this season. Will it be enough to get us into the CL places or closer to either City, most likely not pool only time will tell.

utdreport
@utdreport

·
Oct 8, 2020
#mufc's 25-man Champions League squad: De Gea, Henderson, Grant, Bailly, Fosu-Mensah, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Fernandes, Fred, James, Lingard, Mata, Matic, McTominay, Pallistri, Pogba, Van de Beek, Cavani, Ighalo, Martial, Rashford #mulive
utdreport
@utdreport

Homegrown players such as Mason Greenwood, Teden Mengi and Brandon Williams can remain on the B list, which could be added to up to 24 hours before any particular fixture #mulive

FB_IMG_1602171922545.jpg

Sell him. I am done with this guy.

View attachment 517352

Sell him. I am done with this guy.
Seems like you’ve done the same as everyone else, why not post the rest of the article instead of stuff that’s gonna get negative reaction. Who cares where he dreams to play!

From the same article btw

As I said, I’m in Manchester and I love my club. I’m performing in Manchester, I’m enjoying myself and I want to do everything to put the club back where it deserves to be. I’ll give my all, just like my teammates

“I’m at Manchester. A lot has been said, but I haven’t. I heard a lot of noise like I was going to leave and that I should go to this or that club. Today, I’m still in Manchester, and I’m fighting to bring the club back to the highest level. And will continue to do so till I’m not here.

Seems like you’ve done the same as everyone else, why not post the rest of the article instead of stuff that’s gonna get negative reaction. Who cares where he dreams to play!

From the same article btw

As I said, I’m in Manchester and I love my club. I’m performing in Manchester, I’m enjoying myself and I want to do everything to put the club back where it deserves to be. I’ll give my all, just like my teammates

“I’m at Manchester. A lot has been said, but I haven’t. I heard a lot of noise like I was going to leave and that I should go to this or that club. Today, I’m still in Manchester, and I’m fighting to bring the club back to the highest level. And will continue to do so till I’m not here.

Doesn't make it any better tbh lol.

..... I suspect he is on a short leash, and if results don't improve in a month, he may well be sacked, especially with Pochettino still available. .....

I know smart and savvy don't go with this Utd vintage, but if you were to be, you'd be well priming him already.

Because you can bet the house City will already be with Pep gone next summer. If not before.

To lose a manager twice to them ..... Fool me once and all that.

I know smart and savvy don't go with this Utd vintage, but if you were to be, you'd be well priming him already.

Because you can bet the house City will already be with Pep gone next summer. If not before.

To lose a manager twice to them ..... Fool me once and all that.
Lol, you really think our current board learns?

In a way, I feel sorry for OGS. While he's clearly not up for the job, he didn't award himself a permanent contract, our hapless board did. He's a symbol of everything wrong with the front office.

With Pep's contract expiring next summer, City may already be keeping tabs on Poch already.

Dunno, kinda feel that they might also be on the hunt for Nagelsmann next season. Him and Rose will be among the most in-demand coaches soon, if Bayern doesn't snap them up first.

Actually feel Nagelsmann suits City more than Poch, but that maybe just me. They will be keeping tabs on him, for sure. But the Pep situation could also change, depending on what happens with Messi (but this is the longest he has stayed at a club, so dunno).

But I reckon if we go in for Poch before the summer, he will jump on board. Dunno, a lot depends on the next month. You have to think that another time we are in the position we were in January, OGS will be sacked.

Although, I read somewhere about a year ago that even Woodward is under fire, internally, because none of his managerial choices have worked out so far, so he needs OGS to work. Not sure about the veracity, but what have you.

See I'd say Pochetino suits them more. He's one of the very few coaches you could drop straight in and not have to have a complete squad do-over from the specific style of players Guardiola needs.

People seem easily offended these days. Or maybe it’s player specific by the reaction it’s getting.
This is true, but, BUT listen to my story when I was 17yo.
I approached this girl and askes her would she like to date, and she said to me sure, I like you, but I like someone better and I'd like to try with them first, then he doesn't like me, we can date. Normally I told her to **** off.
What Pogba said is probably worse. He's been liability this whole season and his 'golden form' quickely evaporaded after Burno initial impact. Then he said he dreams to play for Real Madrid, but I like United, just not as much after he lost 6-1 at Old Trafford to Tottenham.
Beyond dumb from him.
Best thing is, United do not need him anymore.

See I'd say Pochetino suits them more. He's one of the very few coaches you could drop straight in and not have to have a complete squad do-over from the specific style of players Guardiola needs.
Pochettino would never work at United. His best work comes when he has a solid structure over him such as at saints and Spurs for a while before the DOF left. When he is left to his own devices and allowed to be a manager and not a coach then it can go **** up.

This is true, but, BUT listen to my story when I was 17yo.
I approached this girl and askes her would she like to date, and she said to me sure, I like you, but I like someone better and I'd like to try with them first, then he doesn't like me, we can date. Normally I told her to **** off.
What Pogba said is probably worse. He's been liability this whole season and his 'golden form' quickely evaporaded after Burno initial impact. Then he said he dreams to play for Real Madrid, but I like United, just not as much after he lost 6-1 at Old Trafford to Tottenham.
Beyond dumb from him.
Best thing is, United do not need him anymore.
I can see why some people could get easily there knickers in a twist with what he said. But players say stuff like that all the time. It’s like when fans get upset about shirt numbers lol. That’s the good thing we actually don’t rely on him anymore. Bruno has taken the creative burden off him and VdB could easily come in and replace him now.

Pochettino would never work at United. His best work comes when he has a solid structure over him such as at saints and Spurs for a while before the DOF left. When he is left to his own devices and allowed to be a manager and not a coach then it can go **** up.
Klopp could come here mate and it would go **** up. Far to much wrong with the club above. Can’t keep blaming the managers every year or 2.

NO coach is working under the Glaziers/ Woodward amateur hour structure mate. They are what they are and are disappearing into the same obscurity we did, in reality, the majority of the past 30-years.

But he's as good as they could possibly turn to before City swoop to at least give them exciting football to watch and make the most out of what they have.

NO coach is working under the Glaziers/ Woodward amateur hour structure mate. They are what they are and are disappearing into the same obscurity we did, in reality, the majority of the past 30-years.

But he's as good as they could possibly turn to before City swoop to at least give them exciting football to watch and make the most out of what they have.
I’m not Poch biggest fan. But it’s sad when we all know he would come in get a new coach bounce get backed for one window. Get CL followed by not being back then getting the sack a few months later ?