The Manchester United Thread

I prefer the VdB signing however, we needed a CDM. I would've honestly preferred Sangare as his potential ceiling is higher and is 4 years younger than Partey.

That'd be sound if you didn't need quality players in areas of need now. But you do. Badly.

That'd be sound if you didn't need quality players in areas of need now. But you do. Badly.

That's why I believe VdB was an opportuned signing. Seeing RM cooled off interest, I think we just signed him cos of Pogba's rather uncertain situation. Chances are we got the replacement early at a good fee but again, I don't mind this as long as we still prioritized strengthening the starting XI (we only made 1 signing that really does so).

Partey is a defensive midfielder?

That's where he was utilised to devastating, World-Class effect in Simeone's rigid structure. His pressing work-rate and ball recovery ability were second to none under him. As the holding fulcrum Arsenal lack, he opens up so much with his passing range and ability to break forward whilst instantly massively tightening up an already improving back-line.

1-1 at HT for the women. McManus scored ours with a great header at the back post. Before we gave away a peno for them to equalise. Been the better team.

He's a holding mid tbh. Personally when I watch him, I feel he's slow AF. Idk how he'd fair in a side that play with a high tempo.
I agree I think the system at Atletico made him look better than he actually is. Let’s see how he fairs at Arsenal in a way more expansive team and system. In a lot faster and physical League.

That's where he was utilised to devastating, World-Class effect in Simeone's rigid structure. His pressing work-rate and ball recovery ability were second to none under him. As the holding fulcrum Arsenal lack, he opens up so much with his passing range and ability to break forward whilst instantly massively tightening up an already improving back-line.

I always get the impression that he's a system player but tbh, arsenal have a similar system to Atletico so he might thrive

Lost 3-1. Terrible performance worst in 2 seasons. Didn’t really get the team selection being weak considering plenty of time before Spurs on Sat to recover. Will have to win every remaining game in this group to qualify for the knock outs now. Need to get some players back fit and from injury.

Lost 3-1. Terrible performance worst in 2 seasons. Didn’t really get the team selection being weak considering plenty of time before Spurs on Sat to recover. Will have to win every remaining game in this group to qualify for the knock outs now. Need to get some players back fit and from injury.
Looks like they're carrying on from where the first team left off ?

I aren’t an Athletic subscriber so can’t read that. But that amused me as it perfectly summed up this summers cringe from Woodward and Utd-

1602094784492.jpeg

I aren’t an Athletic subscriber so can’t read that. But that amused me as it perfectly summed up this summers cringe from Woodward and Utd-

View attachment 517302

Naive thinking at best considering he still has 3 years on his contract. That waiting game worked with Telles since Porto would receive nothing if they delayed it for an additional year. Can't believe this Sancho or bust approach.

Naive thinking at best considering he still has 3 years on his contract. That waiting game worked with Telles since Porto would receive nothing if they delayed it for an additional year. Can't believe this Sancho or bust approach.
Can’t see anyone paying for Sancho next summer either if things stay the same. Not if Dortmund stick to there guns again. But they will definitely lose him for a lot less than what they wanted this summer.

2 goals 2 assists for Chong tonight in Werder Bremens win? all he needed was consistent game time.

We have had no wingers for god knows how long lol. Next year we are gonna be spoilt

This Cavani signing looks more suspect as a fan appeasement by the day, we waited to sign a free agent on deadline day and now he misses 14 days due to COVID regulations. Therefore won’t train with the squad and the games we ****** need him for he can’t play in. For god sake, how inept are we.... it’s embarrassing that this signing was basically a panic to appease fans. It makes no sense why you’d leave a free agent until deadline day and now he misses 2 or 3 games where we actually need him.

So just who is our striker going to be against Newcastle.... Ighalo... put Rashford there and we have no ****** LW Apart from James who Ole seems **** bent on playing on the right.

THis season is looking like an utter disaster, i hope Ole can turn this mess of a hand he has been dealt with by the board.

See Ibrahimovic has been saying how good a signing Cavani will be. Leadership, determination and a drive to win he will bring to our club.

This Cavani signing looks more suspect as a fan appeasement by the day, we waited to sign a free agent on deadline day and now he misses 14 days due to COVID regulations. Therefore won’t train with the squad and the games we ****** need him for he can’t play in. For god sake, how inept are we.... it’s embarrassing that this signing was basically a panic to appease fans. It makes no sense why you’d leave a free agent until deadline day and now he misses 2 or 3 games where we actually need him.

So just who is our striker going to be against Newcastle.... Ighalo... put Rashford there and we have no ****** LW Apart from James who Ole seems **** bent on playing on the right.

THis season is looking like an utter disaster, i hope Ole can turn this mess of a hand he has been dealt with by the board.
Fan appeasement lol. You obviously haven’t been paying attention to what a lot of fans think about him. More a marketing one if you want to look at it as certain way.

Still think it’s a good signing when you look at it for what it is. Reading this morning he will likely miss the Newcastle game. But in regards to fitness he’s been pretty much doing fitness training since he got released from PSG as he’s been posting his workouts on social media. And the club will already have him on a set regime for him to follow while under quarantine.

The season was going to be tough anyways after how things have been since lockdown ended and what’s gone off during the off season with certain players and Ole not getting any of his first choice signings. Still think we have strengthened a lot considering our problem last year was depth.

Fan appeasement lol. You obviously haven’t been paying attention to what a lot of fans think about him. More a marketing one if you want to look at it as certain way.

Still think it’s a good signing when you look at it for what it is. Reading this morning he will likely miss the Newcastle game. But in regards to fitness he’s been pretty much doing fitness training since he got released from PSG as he’s been posting his workouts on social media. And the club will already have him on a set regime for him to follow while under quarantine.

The season was going to be tough anyways after how things have been since lockdown ended and what’s gone off during the off season with certain players and Ole not getting any of his first choice signings. Still think we have strengthened a lot considering our problem last year was depth.

I’ve got nothing against Cavani, it’s just how we done it that made zero sense that it was ever anything but a last minute decision to get him. Why else would we sign a free agent on deadline day and not have him ready for the first games of the season sigh.

I guess this speaks generally to how we are just in no way prepared for this season which has been evident in all the games so far.