The Manchester United Thread

He has improved no question about that. However has he improved to the level united want to be? He is still streaky and he isn't at an age where you can afford him to be inconsistent. This season is make or break for him imo.
Yes he’s improved a lot and will continue to do so. Yes he’s patchy no doubt but a lot of Str in the Prem are. He’s still has one of the best conversation rates in the Prem. Yes our Fwds need to develop consistency but at the same time we need to be creating more chances. And our front 3 still out scored your guys last season.

There’s no way Martial is leaving anytime soon IMO he’s still quality and a 15 goal a season player even if streaky, plus his link up play and hold up play has come on leaps and bounds under Ole. Is he the long term answer to our No9 role personally I think not. That’s why Ole wanted Haaland. Does that mean he should be sold no chance IMO.

Was Rooney better goalscorer than Martial in Premierleague?

And our front 3 still out scored your guys last season.
In the league no, 46 vs 44. Maybe will edge over with cup games. But Firmino playstyle is never to score much but he shines in other departments.

Was Rooney better goalscorer than Martial in Premierleague?
Think Rooneys game gave so much more impact overall than just pure goalscoring what was also very good considering he played many positsions

Firmino along with Henderson is a very underated player in the Prem IMO. Same goes for Fred but I think most people still judge him on his earlier months here.

Tbh the word he used in his native language means isn’t racist and it’s in no way in the same context or abusive way used as the way Suarez used a similar word. Needs a quite word and that it’s move on.

Absolutely NO agenda for you there like ......

I can’t stand Suarez for what it’s worth but if you want to call him over it then you should feel the same about Cavani.

Iif it’s offensive and appropriate to us then it’s offensive and inappropriate period. Completely hypocritical to be selective in who we do and don’t condemn,

No agenda whatsoever. There 2 completely different situations all together.

As I added, it’s selective hypocrisy.

Whether we agree or not in our Country, Suarez would argue he wasn’t being racist or offensive in his native tongue in that context. Which is no different here.

Completely hypocritical to decide one context is acceptable and another isn’t.

Last edited:

Whether we agree or not in our Country, Suarez would argue he wasn’t being racist or offensive in his native tongue in that context. Which is no different here.

No, selective hypocrisy would be if Cavani used that language while confronting another player on the pitch. In this scenario, exchanges are often derogatory.

In reality, Cavani was literally replying to a congratulatory post of a follower/friend with a hand shake emoji.

Again, the reason Suarez got as much heat as he did was the context.

Not just context though there was clearly intent by Suarez. Cavani is talking to someone from the same language who he has known for years.

No, selective hypocrisy would be if Cavani used that language while confronting another player on the pitch. In this scenario, exchanges are often derogatory.

In reality, Cavani was literally replying to a congratulatory post of a follower/friend with a hand shake emoji.

Again, the reason Suarez got as much heat as he did was the context.

And many Uruguians, probably Cavani included, would argue Suarez wasn’t being derogatory.

It’s selective hypocrisy and doing what football fans do. Being very selective in who they condem/ nark about when it’s not pertaining to their club.

Not that I particularly would either, but if you won’t to condemn one you need to condemn both. You can’t pick and chose.

And many Uruguians, probably Cavani included, would argue Suarez wasn’t being derogatory.

It’s selective hypocrisy and doing what football fans do. Being very selective in who they condem/ nark about when it’s not pertaining to their club.

Not that I particularly would either, but if you won’t to condemn one you need to condemn both. You can’t pick and chose.
I condemned the context Suarez used the term in, not the actual term itself. I've lived around South Americans almost all my life and I know the term "n*frito" can be used as a term of endearment.

When things get heated between players on the pitch, exchanges are generally derogatory. Problem with Suarez is he had to use that term that references Evra's skin color.

I am not being hypocritical at all. I just don't get the faux outrage over an appreciation post directed to a long time friend of his who's also Uruguian.

We’ll have to agree to disagree as I personally take that as highly selective in what you deem is acceptable and not mate.

FWIW I have no issue what Cavani said outside of him being one highly stupid divvy to put that out there in the public domain in the current climate. And no less after the Suarez B/S which he was close to being a close friend/ teammate of Suarez’s at the time. For anyone to remotely think that wouldn’t get a negative response and condemnation is naivety in the extreme.

But then I thought the whole Suarez which-hunt B/S was a complete out of context disgrace too.

However ridiculous we see it, you can’t condemn one remark taken out of context and not not the same for another.

But we aren’t going to mesh on this so the two differing opinions are best left.

Think Rooneys game gave so much more impact overall than just pure goalscoring what was also very good considering he played many positsions
Without a question Rooney's game was much more than a goalscorer and better player than Martial/Rashford. Yet Manchester Uniteds all time scorer only had 2 seasons where he outscored Martial and Rashford.
It's OK to ask for more but their input is better than decent, even good. Lets not forget that last seasons was Martials first season as a striker, he has so much more to learn and someone like Cavani should provide some of that education. It's way to early to write Martial off when 90% of United team have underperformed. That said, he need to improve. Martial is perfect example of pat me at the back type of player. If he can't succeed Under OGS then he needs to be moved.

Without a question Rooney's game was much more than a goalscorer and better player than Martial/Rashford. Yet Manchester Uniteds all time scorer only had 2 seasons where he outscored Martial and Rashford.
It's OK to ask for more but their input is better than decent, even good. Lets not forget that last seasons was Martials first season as a striker, he has so much more to learn and someone like Cavani should provide some of that education. It's way to early to write Martial off when 90% of United team have underperformed. That said, he need to improve. Martial is perfect example of pat me at the back type of player. If he can't succeed Under OGS then he needs to be moved.
Think because he’s a sometimes inconsistent and been labelled as lazy or uninterested people go a bit ott on Martial. 23 gls 12 assist in 48 games is very good as his first year as a STR and he missed about 3/4 weeks also.