The Manchester United Thread

United statement

"Edinson Cavani has issued a sincere apology for a social media post after Sunday’s game against Southampton.

The Uruguayan striker said: “The message I posted after the match on Sunday was intended as an affectionate greeting to a friend, thanking him for his congratulations after the game. The last thing I wanted to do was cause offence to anyone. I am completely opposed to racism and deleted the message as soon as it was explained that it can be interpreted differently. I would like to sincerely apologise for this.”

In a statement, Manchester United said: “It is clear to us that there was absolutely no malicious intent behind Edinson’s message and he deleted it as soon as he was informed that it could be misconstrued. Edinson has issued an apology for any unintentional offence caused. Manchester United and all of our players are fully committed to the fight against racism.”

Under Cavani ban thread
1606828412062.png

Most of the world doesn't understand or care about current PC weirdness going on in the English speaking countries. If you want the players to tow the party line that's fine but in that case it should be PL's responsibility to make sure the new arrivals get some education. Otherwise it's ironically kind of racist to buy players from all over the globe, often not speaking English and then hounding them in the media every time they don't understand local customs or political climate.

When you look at the absolute shower of mediocrity Utd have at the back. And then you look at Blind still looking quality for Ajax on the biggest stage of all .....

When you look at the absolute shower of mediocrity Utd have at the back. And then you look at Blind still looking quality for Ajax on the biggest stage of all .....

You can blame JoMo for that. He was absolutely quality under LVG but Jose doesnt fancy defenders as light weight as Blind

Just watched Atalanta match from yesterday. New signing coming in Jan Amad Traore made his CL debu with a 20 min cameo. Wow can see the hype. He may of only been on 20 mins but he could of easily been MOTM.

Considering he’s just turned 18 he’s as strong as an ox. A great dribbler can beat his man both ways. And his fwd passing was excellent. Nearly scored twice with his so called weaker right foot. And would of had 2 assist if his team mates could finish. Super hyped for the future of this lad.

#mufc squad members at the team hotel: De Gea, Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Fosu-Mensah, Bailly, Lindelof, Maguire, Williams, Telles, Fred, McTominay, Matic, Pogba, Van de Beek, Bruno Fernandes, Mata, Lingard, James, Cavani, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood #mulive [men]

Substitutes: Henderson, Bailly, Fosu-Mensah, Williams, James, Lingard, Mata, Matic, Pogba, van de Beek, Greenwood, Ighalo.

Shocking from Ole not taking Fred off at HT. Good to see the ref giving a yellow for that. It wasnt a head ****. There was no daylight between the heads then a player moves forward with force and makes contact. Too many games ruined with red cards for handbags. If anything Paredes should be booked for rolling around for 5 minutes like he'd been shot. Embarrassing.

Must win at weekend to save his job, or at least get another week. Coz if we dont get the draw next week and go through, the axe will be over his head, if not already through, then the Derby after that. If he manages to stay till then and lose again he'll definitely be gone.

No excuse for them subs either. Why take Cavani off? Why not swap Fred for VdB at HT? Why bring Pogba on when he's **** and won't run in a 2 man midfield on the best of days, never mind with 10 men? Dont even get me started on Martial again.

Shocking from Ole not taking Fred off at HT. Good to see the ref giving a yellow for that. It wasnt a head ****. There was no daylight between the heads then a player moves forward with force and makes contact. Too many games ruined with red cards for handbags. If anything Paredes should be booked for rolling around for 5 minutes like he'd been shot. Embarrassing.

Must win at weekend to save his job, or at least get another week. Coz if we dont get the draw next week and go through, the axe will be over his head, if not already through, then the Derby after that. If he manages to stay till then and lose again he'll definitely be gone.

No excuse for them subs either. Why take Cavani off? Why not swap Fred for VdB at HT? Why bring Pogba on when he's **** and won't run in a 2 man midfield on the best of days, never mind with 10 men? Dont even get me started on Martial again.

Nah, I'll say this again, the glazers will stick by him till we can't possibly qualify for the champions league next season

Last edited: