The Manchester United Thread

United have been getting f****ed with just as many officiating decisions of late as "go our way"; you never hear a peep about it. Poor performance, though. Front 3, bar maybe Greenwood who I thought was OK, were poor.

I hate how weak Martial is mentally, sometimes. Always seems like he hits these random "I forget how to dribble" phases

United have been getting f****ed with just as many officiating decisions of late as "go our way"; you never hear a peep about it. Poor performance, though. Front 3, bar maybe Greenwood who I thought was OK, were poor.

I hate how weak Martial is mentally, sometimes. Always seems like he hits these random "I forget how to dribble" phases
Yeah he should of b en off at HT woeful! And he gave the ball away softly that lead to the second goal. He’s having a bad season so far.

I have loads thanks. And DDG definitely played a big part as did Maguire, Pogba, Fernandes, Tuanzebe.
He had 3 players including Sheffields #7 in front of him, all within 1, 1-5 meters. He was under a LOT of pressure. He didnt have the time to control the ball and if he sent it in any other direction, it would probably be the own goal.

He had 3 players including Sheffields #7 in front of him, all within 1, 1-5 meters. He was under a LOT of pressure. He didnt have the time to control the ball and if he sent it in any other direction, it would probably be the own goal.
If anyone, it should have been Maguire to clear it off to other side as it was completely empty. He jumped left and DDG had no other choice to push it out of the way to the same side where the attack was coming.

But there are so many other strange errors from all players - who to cover, who just stares, not coming back, not making quicker moves(only bruno but he should have been doing it earlier). All in 20-25 seconds when you had more players in the defense.

..... I think we're 2 or 3 levels below City.

The wholes leagues LEVELS behind City and L’pool mate. Nottins changed there.

Just the perfect storm of City's slow start, L’pools unprecedented injury list, and COVID has lead to a distorted picture and Sky to have a wank fest over a ‘tight title race’ thats never been there.

Its just taking far longer to level out this year. Only 2 teams still can win it over 38 games.

If anyone, it should have been Maguire to clear it off to other side as it was completely empty. He jumped left and DDG had no other choice to push it out of the way to the same side where the attack was coming.

But there are so many other strange errors from all players - who to cover, who just stares, not coming back, not making quicker moves(only bruno but he should have been doing it earlier). All in 20-25 seconds when you had more players in the defense.

First time I’ve seen that ta. Calamity of errors.

Not into teams wearing pink like.

All he had to do was put his foot through it. As all Maguire had to do was kick it out for a corner

Also Ole needs to stop with Rashford on the RW just to accommodate Martial. He is way way less dangerous out there. Him and Martial should be fighting it out for that LW spot. If it means one is benched tough ****.

And I don’t understand why Pogba was playing so deep with Matic in the side. But having watched matches of them together it’s mostly due to Matic dropping into CB all the time. Leaving Pogba as basically a one man midfield. Surrounded by 2/3 opposition CMs.

Also getting fed up of Rashford and Martials lethargy this season.

All he had to do was put his foot through it. As all Maguire had to do was kick it out for a corner
Defender should not put GK in that situation, but all in all everyone there had some bad input that lead to goal. Biggest one i would say is Pogba who just stands during the all saga in the middle of box :D

Been telling you, sell Martial but his stock is dropping fast. Rashford does not benefit at all playing with him, he has decent season but overplayed and constant change in positsion is doing a lot of harm.

Defender should not put GK in that situation, but all in all everyone there had some bad input that lead to goal. Biggest one i would say is Pogba who just stands during the all saga in the middle of box :D

Been telling you, sell Martial but his stock is dropping fast. Rashford does not benefit at all playing with him, he has decent season but overplayed and constant change in positsion is doing a lot of harm.
Yeah Pogba was bad also in the goal. So was Fernandes as he watched Burke have one shot and still didn’t get back in to try and help. Honestly one of the worst gls we conceded I think lol.

I wouldn’t sell Martial but he should not be a guaranteed starter or stay in the pitch despite being dross. Greenwood was playing better than him. Rashford needs yanking off in games also but never seems to unless he’s injured.

Also Ole needs to stop with Rashford on the RW just to accommodate Martial. He is way way less dangerous out there. Him and Martial should be fighting it out for that LW spot. If it means one is benched tough ****.

And I don’t understand why Pogba was playing so deep with Matic in the side. But having watched matches of them together it’s mostly due to Matic dropping into CB all the time. Leaving Pogba as basically a one man midfield. Surrounded by 2/3 opposition CMs.

Also getting fed up of Rashford and Martials lethargy this season.

Agree with all of that..... we need a reaction against Arsenal because I wasn't really fancying us in that game anyway even before last night. Arteta seems to have a number over Ole lately.

Agree with all of that..... we need a reaction against Arsenal because I wasn't really fancying us in that game anyway even before last night. Arteta seems to have a number over Ole lately.
Fred and McTominey will return. With Martial dropped hopefully for Cavani. With Pogba getting a free role on the left. Hope Linderlof or Bailly are fit.

Martial was **** poor last night mate, I've been really let down by him this season generally. After he had a good season last time around, expected him to really kick on especially with Cavani now here. Competition should drive you on to another level, like it has with Shaw with Telles arrival.

Cavani has more league goals than Martial this season, he looks far better on and off the ball. For me he'll never be United's true no. 9.