The Manchester United Thread

So....we could potentially be level with Liverpool with a win vs Aston villa. Banana skin fixture that.....I'm just putting this out there.

Looking ahead, massive decision for Utd’s staff this summer on the goalies.

Henderson is too good to sit on the bench another year and de Gea is way too experienced and good in his own right to be a back-up.
Look, I wish Henderson all the best, but De Gea just turned 30 and he has 3-4 years at top level at least. From the limited gameplay of Henderson I saw, he's miles off De Gea in most aspects. He's more imposing than De Gea, yet he doesn't use that as often as he should. De Gea is still a world class goalkeeper and if Henderson do not want to be a backup, then United should allow him to leave.

Look, I wish Henderson all the best, but De Gea just turned 30 and he has 3-4 years at top level at least. From the limited gameplay of Henderson I saw, he's miles off De Gea in most aspects. He's more imposing than De Gea, yet he doesn't use that as often as he should. De Gea is still a world class goalkeeper and if Henderson do not want to be a backup, then United should allow him to leave.

FWIW, I completely agree. de Gea seems to be the scapegoat for others shortcomings to me. Hes dropped off from a few yeara ago but he’s still top drawer.

But its still gonna be a big decision for Utd as you can’t realistically keep either on the bench. And certainly not with that amount of money tied up in two guys for one position.

So....we could potentially be level with Liverpool with a win vs Aston villa. Banana skin fixture that.....I'm just putting this out there.

Hey, you’re currently in a Championship race whichever way you cut it.

I have my own views on how realistic it is. But it would be utterly churlish to denyUtd aren’t n the thick of a race right now.

It will be a test for sure but the big one I cant wait for is the anfield game. Shame there will be no fans to witness that.

Aye lad. I was thinking about that scenario

"Tied after 17 matchdays, Liverpool and Manchester United face off in a top of the table clash"

Haven't felt that since 09'. The atmosphere would've been bubbling.

Yeah Villa will be tough but at least they won’t park 12 men in there own half like Wolves did. Can’t wait for that anfield match

FWIW, I completely agree. de Gea seems to be the scapegoat for others shortcomings to me. Hes dropped off from a few yeara ago but he’s still top drawer.

But its still gonna be a big decision for Utd as you can’t realistically keep either on the bench. And certainly not with that amount of money tied up in two guys for one position.
Yep, he's no longer best in the world, but having a reliable GK who's been in top 5/10 in last 10 years is rarety.

Club has triggered Lingards 1yr option
Really frustrating with Lingard. Over the years when he's had a run of games hes been brilliant in patches. Especially between LVG and Mourinho. Obviously something the last few years has been happening off the field. Doesn't help him galavanting as a fashion designer between matches, and looking at his clothes it wouldn't surprise me if he was gay and thats playing on his mind.

It looks like he'll be off in the summer for a fee with the extension triggered. If he can get over the off field problems there is a pretty good mid table player there if used right. Good luck to him.

On the plus side the games he misses could have been worse.

“Cavani will miss United's Premier League visit of Aston Villa on New Year's Day, the Carabao Cup semi-final with Manchester City on Wednesday and the FA Cup third round tie with Watford on January 9.”

**** off 2020!!??

Simon Peach
@SimonPeach
Former Manchester United and Scotland manager Tommy Docherty has died at the age of 92 following a long illness, his family have announced in a statement released to PA news agency