The Manchester United Thread

He keeps telling us he's not scared of anyone but the other Manchester team but if this United team keep winning even when they don't play well then he may have to eat his words. City have the stronger squad on paper but form and the current league standings beg to differ. Having a stronger team on paper means nothing it's points on the board that will count at the end of the day the best team doesn't always win if they did then Leicester wouldn't have a Premier League title to their name, whilst Wigan and Wimbledon wouldn't have won the FA Cup against 'superior' opponents.

That has made my day.

Ta la. ?

That has made my day.

Ta la. ?
Scouse it isn't a slur on your thinking but ultimately even you have to admit that the best team doesn't always win. City have games in hand but even if they win them they will still be behind where as if United currently have the same number of points all be it will a poorer goal difference I'm sure Pep would prefer to be in United's position right now. That said you have more to fear from Leicester than United not because they have a stronger squad but rather because they are less of reliant on their 'star' player.

Last edited:
Scouse it isn't a slur on your thinking but ultimately even you have to admit that the best team doesn't always win. City have games in hand but even if they win them they will still be behind where as if United currently have the same number of points all be it will a poorer goal difference I'm sure Pep would prefer to be in United's position right now. That said you have more to fear from Leicester than United not because they have a stronger squad but rather because they are less of reliant on their 'star' player.
You have perfect example of that 2 years ago in Champions league where best team didn't win it.

But honestly, all that talk how only the real contenders can grind results while not playing well only works when you're not talking about United.
I still have my doubts about United ability to keep the momentum till the end, but it's funny to see some ABU fans sweating from time to time.

AS Monaco, Marseille, Hertha Berlin and Bayer Leverkusen are all showing interest in Fosu-Mensah - although his ultimate desire would be to extend his stay at Old Trafford. He is now free to negotiate with foreign clubs over a pre-contract agreement. #udlatest [@RichFay]

Timothy Fosu-Mensah feels undervalued by the initial terms #mufc offered him and has recently turned down a contract offered to him by the club. He wants to stay at #mufc but could now leave on a free transfer in the summer. #udlatest [@RichFay]

If that’s the case let him leave. We have offered him a good salary. And promised him a squad role, which is what he is. A squad player. If he’s demanding more then good bye.

You have perfect example of that 2 years ago in Champions league where best team didn't win it.

But honestly, all that talk how only the real contenders can grind results while not playing well only works when you're not talking about United.
I still have my doubts about United ability to keep the momentum till the end, but it's funny to see some ABU fans sweating from time to time.
So true, after all the ABU brigade see United winning ugly and immediately say it's luck forgetting you can't always win by playing beautiful football.

AS Monaco, Marseille, Hertha Berlin and Bayer Leverkusen are all showing interest in Fosu-Mensah - although his ultimate desire would be to extend his stay at Old Trafford. He is now free to negotiate with foreign clubs over a pre-contract agreement. #udlatest [@RichFay]

Timothy Fosu-Mensah feels undervalued by the initial terms #mufc offered him and has recently turned down a contract offered to him by the club. He wants to stay at #mufc but could now leave on a free transfer in the summer. #udlatest [@RichFay]

If that’s the case let him leave. We have offered him a good salary. And promised him a squad role, which is what he is. A squad player. If he’s demanding more then good bye.
Does this remind you of the Angel Gomes situation last season and several other young players over the last few years who think just because they have played a few first team games they deserve more money a bigger place in the squad etc. What's the betting he will depart and promptly disappear.

Educational read.

I honestly thought the ‘ABU’ thing was of Fergusons time. (Hadn’t heard the phrase in donkeys.). I didn’t realise it was still a thing.with you lads.

Interesting. Ta.

Can someone explain eastern-european lad what or who ss abu or abu fan ?

They're definitely not going down lol. I can honestly say they gave us a better game compared to Chelsea
Jury is still out but Watkins needs to up his game. Right now seemed too much money but probably he needs a bit time. Huge step up is PL footy.

Know i hated Grealish attitude but god **** he is good baller. Seem to have worked on being diva on the pitch also. And those calves he has, **** boy....

Jury is still out but Watkins needs to up his game. Right now seemed too much money but probably he needs a bit time. Huge step up is PL footy.

Know i hated Grealish attitude but god **** he is good baller. Seem to have worked on being diva on the pitch also. And those calves he has, **** boy....

Oh, he still falls over with every touch but he's ever improving. The AV team is basically built around him.

It is an interesting development though Scouse. Whether it's intentional or not, or simply a coincidence.

United (for a long time) have been fairly ***** and nowhere near any kind of standard a club of its stature and financial outlay should be and you have been very relaxed and sometimes almost supportive and understanding in this thread.

Suddenly... It's a bit narky ;)

As I said... It's probably just a coincidence and we are seeing things that aren't there.

I've still got my money on Liverpool winning by a large margin. So I'd say you are as chill as ever (y)