The Manchester United Thread

Solskjaer: “Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero have contracts until the summer and they're not going to be extended”. Man Utd are still hoping to receive official bid from Boca Juniors for Rojo. Odion Ighalo will also leave the club at the end of January. Phil Jones has been told he can also leave in January or the summer.

On Dylan Levitt and Matej Kover loans ending early. There going straight back out again to other clubs in league 1 and championship.

"Well, I think we've done well to follow the protocols as we have, we've had the odd case and Facundo Pellistri got a positive test, so he reported that on his Twitter
"We don't normally comment on who they are but Facundo is well and hopefully he'll be back with us soon, he's been with the reserves and 23s and wasn't really in our group over Xmas. Apart from that, we have a full and fit squad."

"Odion, it's special for him against Watford, he will be involved, he's in the squad, he's been training really well, he was the top scorer in round robin we just finished. He's not lost any of his quality, it's been difficult for him to be out of the squad as many times because he did really well up until the summer.
"This season he's not had as many opportunities and not let himself down as a professional and a human being. He's always a positive influence in the dressing room. Hopefully I don't need to put him on that we need goals, but hopefully he can join in."

I’m delighted to announce I’ve put pen to paper and I’m officially a new player of @sportingclubedebraga 📝
Thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way and helped me with the next step in my career 🙏
#ForçaBraga 🔴⚪

Dion McGhee has left for Braga

Well that’s 5 players guaranteed to leave by this summer the latest. That will be pretty much all the deadwood gone except for Peirera who needs to leave on a perm this summer!

OGS confirms Fosu-Mensah to leave @manutd either this month or summer: “He’s not played enough he’s been allowed to speak to clubs with a view to leaving now in January. He’s now at the stage where he needs to go and play again.”

Last edited:
How many of them are quaranteed to leave on free transfer? Dont think it will be that easy to remove some deadwood as they are considerably bigger wages that others should offer them in current times also

How many of them are quaranteed to leave on free transfer? Dont think it will be that easy to remove some deadwood as they are considerably bigger wages that others should offer them in current times also
Ighalo, Rojo, TFM, Romero all out of contract. Lingard, Mata, Matic all expire the following summer. Pereira and Jones the one after.

Lingard, Matic, Mata were all due this summer also but the club triggered there 1 yr option.

On Jones the club are thinking about termination of his contract if he can’t get a move this jan or the summer on loan or permanent.

Ighalo deal is up end of this month so will be 135k pw off the bill.

Last edited:
Another fairy talented lad has signed for Capri. CB Luca Ercolani.

Carpi F.C. 1909
@carpifc1909
⚽️ | UFFICIALE: Arriva il Difensore Centrale Luca #Ercolani a titolo definitivo dal Manchester United.

✍️ Il centrale ha sottoscritto un contratto sino a Giugno 2022

Confirmed United squad members:

De Gea, Henderson; Wan-Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Maguire, Telles; Fred, McTominay, Matic, Van de Beek, Mata, Lingard; Martial, Greenwood, Fernandes, Rashford, Ighalo.

Great team! Still strong while resting all the key players ahead of that huge Burnley game midweek. In which they played a nearly full strength side today in there win against MK Dons. They also played extra time and penalties. That should give us a huge edge midweek.

TFM close to joining Bayern Leverkusen for between 1.5-3m and will include a buy back or first refusal clause.