The Manchester United Thread

Eric Bailly was again immense. He feels like a new signing as we don't concede those stupid goals we would if Lindelof was paired with Maguire

F off Dyche yer F up anti-football dinosaur yer! Shaw should have walked my pasty white ____!

Really impressed with the main spine today. The CBs and Pogba and Matic were excellent. Ole got it spot on and played some things in game very smart in regards to tactics.

Superb performance after going off early at the weekend and not training yesterday but demanded to play when Ole asked if he was ready 😍

Eric Bailly’s game by numbers vs. Burnley: 82% pass accuracy 8 ball recoveries 4 clearances 3 goal shot blocks 2 interceptions 1 clean sheet Proving his fitness and quality.

👌

..... The way I see it, it's city's to lose

I’d frustratingly agree with you right now. The table might suggest one thing but the reality is something else again.

Through a combination of P poor performances and P poor officiating over our 3 game dip, we’ve frustratingly handed the initiative back to them. The saving grace is we can put it back in our hands when we play them at Anfield.

Presuming we get out of our funk now Thiago and co are back. Which needs to happen ASAP given City’s very favourable run over the next 6.

Utd should be the perfect antidote to that Sunday avvy and a return to winning ways. All things being equal, as improved as you are, you’re still nowhere near L’pool or City’s quality which I’m sure you wouldn’t disagree with. But games aren’t played on paper and this is the one fixture I never predict as Utd have always had the Indian sign over us in straight up games over the years whatever we do.

Cautiously/ nervously optimistic for Sunday. Which is as good as it ever gets before this one.

Tierney pulling the officiating gig doesn’t help that mood either.

Enjoy the game. Enjoy the current limelight.

Assist at night. Changing the world by day 😍

Marcus Rashford MBE

@MarcusRashford

Just had a good conversation with the Prime Minister. He has assured me that he is committed to correcting the issue with the food hampers and that a full review of the supply chain is taking place. He agrees that images of hampers being shared on Twitter are unacceptable.

Its a clear foul in todays game. You can’t hold down a player when you jump and impede him. Most ex-player pundits talk from their era and don’t appreciate todays rules.

Which are made worse by the complete inconsistency. A few weeks back, West Brom equalise at Anfield in an almost identical situation where Fabinho was impeded from jumping and effectively held down by the lad who scored. That should have been disallowed too but wasn’t.

Friend was P poor and should be rightly criticised for a lot last night. (Burnley should have been down to 10/ the penalty not awarded the the clear hand ball etc).

But that was ironically one of the few things he did get right.

Its a clear foul in todays game. You can’t hold down a player when you jump and impede him. Most ex-player pundits talk from their era and don’t appreciate todays rules.

Which are made worse by the complete inconsistency. A few weeks back, West Brom equalise at Anfield in an almost identical situation where Fabinho was impeded from jumping and effectively held down by the lad who scored. That should have been disallowed too but wasn’t.

Friend was P poor and should be rightly criticised for a lot last night. (Burnley should have been down to 10/ the penalty not awarded the the clear hand ball etc).

But that was ironically one of the few things he did get right.
How can it be a foul when he jumped way higher and from a bit of a distance behind him. Peters was never getting there in a million years. Maguire was up well early and it was only momentum that took him into Peters while heading the ball. He didn’t do anything unnatural or have his eyes on anything other than the ball. Friend was just **** all round that included.

Ok mate. Not agreeing with the rules would be one thing. But if you don’t want to acknowledge them there’s little more to be said.