The Manchester United Thread

Worried by top six record?

“Of course we’ve had some tight games against the teams around us this season, it’s gonna be tight. Tottenham are the only team around us who have beaten us, not conceded Chelsea, City, Liverpool. Built some defensive momentum and if you keep on winning the games we have done lately I think we’ve got a good chance of staying competitive towards the end.”

Fernandes drop in form?

“His form is very good, just voted Player of the Month. Not tired, no, no chance. He is one of the players that runs and covers the ground every single game, good at recharging his batteries, and if he scored his free-kick, if it just had a little air on the ball when Luke put the cross in he’d have been lauded as best player in Premier League again.

He’s been immense. He’s not tired and if I ask him he’ll say there’s no chance he’s tired. He’s expected to create goals, score goals and sometimes the margins are against him. That free-kick, thought that was in, some passes he plays are marginal, on or off, he’s always on the verge of creating something when he loses the ball and that’s what he’s been told to do, I want him to play the passes he sees.”

More players leaving this month?

“I don’t wanna go into individuals but we can probably allow one or two more to go out but the strength we have is we have a deep squad, strength in depth, we don’t wanna give our advantage away by easing off on our players, I can’t give you a better answer than that.”

Amad Diallo - Four or five weeks until debut?

“It might be quicker than that, he’s definitely settled down, well, players have taken to him, he’s a good character, polite, smiley boy who works really hard. He’s doing his sessions, getting used to us, there’s always a period of adjustment needed but he’s settling in well.”

Worried by recent lack of goals?

“I think this season we’ve scored more goals, created more chances than before, it’s a matter of time until those margins that were against us against Liverpool tip our way again. Relationships are working better, the foundation will always be the hard work and the shape and at Manchester United we are expected to create chances from everywhere.”

Amad Diallo - first impression?

“Very good. He can handle the ball, he’s enjoyed training, makes a difference in training, which is quite remarkable at his age. Some adjustment to settle into the hustle and bustle of the Premier League but I can’t see it’s too long until he’s in the squad.

Just read if we don’t get beat tomorrow we will be unbeaten in the calendar year and beat our longest unbeaten run under any manager. Keep going you PE teacher 👨‍🏫 😋

Ole in his Embargoed part of the presser saying that the decision to let Mata go at the end of the season will be made only then. Says he’s a good squad/ team player but can’t guarantee him game time and doesn’t like leaving him out.

utdreport

@utdreport

Solskjær: "We have a laser focus, there is a sharp focus on just the next game and to get momentum, to get to where we are now. We’ve been focused on doing the job day in, day out in training and every game matters." #mulive [men]

Solskjær: "This season the lead has changed so many times - I don’t know how many teams have been top of the league. The only thing that matters is who is there at the end and that is not something we discuss at the moment." #mulive [men]

Solskjær: "Whenever you get the chance to speak to players or learn about their personalities, what you get through a chat when you've been put together, that is very important." #mulive [sky]

Solskjær: "Of course, we've been here, we know where we want to get to at #mufc. Do you want to be part of bringing us back to the successful times - that's always been one of the topics that we've discussed [with future potential signings]." #mulive [sky]

Solskjær: "We're not here for a quick fix, we have players who have a long-term role to play. Even if it's, say Edinson coming in at the age of 33, he still has a part long term by who he is, and how he comes in and what he does to the club and to the players." #mulive [sky]

Solskjær: "Hopefully I have proven that I can help the club going forwards. Personally I have felt very strong backing and leadership from the club, which has made the journey that we've been on - ups and downs - clear." #mulive [espn]

Solskjær: "The position we are in now is due to loads of hard work by everyone. We are halfway through the season and we are up there. It is not about getting there once - that is the easy bit to go up the league." #mulive [espn]

Just reading Lairds match report. Sounds like he had an excellent game at WB. Got an assist nearly scored not long after that. Then apparently he beat 3 men then unleaded a thunder shot from outside of the box that was blocked by a player next to the keeper.

Ethan Laird’s first half vs. Fleetwood Town by numbers:

100% dribble success
100% cross accuracy
100% tackles won
80% pass accuracy
21 total touches
3 fouls committed
1 interception
2 shots
1 assist

Wasting no time in showcasing his quality. 🔥

Last edited:
Sounds like we are going to terminate Rojo contract with mutual consent and he will go back to Argentina with 2 clubs already having made him an offer. Another bit of deadwood nearly gone 🤩

Just breaking on Argentinian TV news that Boca have offered a 3 yr deal to Rojo. It’s now up to Utd and Rojo to come to a contract termination agreement

Maguire's marking is terrible. Has no awareness who's running where. But there's a solution for that. Buy a new CD and move Maguire in midfield in place of Matic.

Pogba form this last month has been superb and he looks fired up and focused. Loving it.

Another thing that makes our position even better is our lack of any pre season. And our **** up in the transfer window. Cavani shutting a few mouths though.