The Manchester United Thread

U18s finished 4-3 against Blackburn to remain top of the league. Charlie McNeil with 2. And Emeran and Savage with one a piece

As I can’t sleep ..... Just because-

I’ve put this up before but the perfect pre-match watch on the biggest game/ rivalry in World football bar none.

So far apart. Yet so alike that if truth be told, we align as fanbases closer than any other. With a mutual, grudging respect. Even if nobody openly wants to admit it.

I’ve put this up before but the perfect pre-match watch on the biggest game/ rivalry in World football bar none.

So far apart. Yet so alike that if truth be told, we align as fanbases closer than any other. With a mutual, grudging respect. Even if nobody openly wants to admit it.

I remember saying 10 years ago ( or so) to my friend who's a Liverpool fan that it would be amazing to watch United vs Liverpool for a title, like both of them to put up a proper challenge. That was around the time City came "into existence" as a big factor in PL. My thought process was that, even though I'm not a football purist/snob to claim that only teams with rich history can continue to create history, but it would be nice two see two of the biggest clubs, not just in England, battling eachother for that trophy.
Then SAF retired and United replaced Arsenal as a no-threat for a City/Chelsea, and later Liverpool/City. Now, it seems, that United is getting closer to Liverpool and maybe next season, when everything f-up in the world ends, we could see historic battle between those two for a title.

Defo @Vanjagl

Always maintained that it benefits both clubs for the other to be a rival for serious honours. You won’t get many from either fanbase that would agree as they naturally don’t want to see the other side doing well.

Personally, I don’t see how it could ever be a bad thing both clubs pushing each other to the ultimate heights?

Although baby steps. We’ll settle for a goal for what feels like forever today and build from there. 😛

Last edited:
Very attacking XI OGS put out today. Let's see if the on-field play matches although if we're going to keep a high line, wouldn't Bailly be a better fit compared to Lindelof?

You are right in that respect Scouse. I remember going to Brian McClair's Testimontial the day or so after Hillsborough and the queue to sign a book of condolence was huge, and not one of the comments in that book were negative, yes the fans are rivals but there is respect for what both teams have done for English football. Not every fan would agree but then there are idiots in every walk of life.

You are right in that respect Scouse. I remember going to Brian McClair's Testimontial the day or so after Hillsborough and the queue to sign a book of condolence was huge, and not one of the comments in that book were negative, yes the fans are rivals but there is respect for what both teams have done for English football. Not every fan would agree but then there are idiots in every walk of life.

Don’t get me started whilst the games on but Utd were one of the first clubs to reach out after Sheffield and the support from Manchester will NEVER be forgotten by many.

Great to read that. Thank you for sharing.

Great game of football. I'm glad OGS actually went for it rather than setting up like Jose would

Only negative is VdB didn't do much to stake his claim for a first team spot as Bruno came in and didn't much more in 30 mins.

Great game of football. I'm glad OGS actually went for it rather than setting up like Jose would

Only negative is VdB didn't do much to stake his claim for a first team spot as Bruno came in and didn't much more in 30 mins.
Get in Dyche and Burnley 😋 They will be blaming the ref for us winning I’m sure 🤦🏻‍♂️