The Manchester United Thread

Very tight competitive game. Joke we didn’t get a peno from that clear hand ball by Odi. Both teams clearly wanted the draw after about 60/70 min Mark. What threat we did carry was well and truly gone once Martial came on. McTominey fecked up that simple cross near the end when 3 players would of had a free shot. Point away at Chelsea ain’t bad.

It's terrible, we've played all the traditional top 6 this season and barely scored a single goal. The football against the so called big teams is no better than Mourinho or LVG for that matter.

Don't want to be overly pessimistic, but I just feel Ole as a manager is summing up what we've become. Happy to put in a shift and compete against the top teams, but it doesn't matter if we don't win. As long as we stick in top 4 I'm sure this board will lap it all up and embrace him with a new contract.

But lets be honest, we are NEVER winning a major trophy whilst Ole is here, so it's all a bit fruitless for me at this point.
Are you forgetting our fantastic record against the top six teams last season. Or just choosing to ignore it to complete your moan.

Are you forgetting our fantastic record against the top six teams last season. Or just choosing to ignore it to complete your moan.

Why are we basing last season as a benchmark? If anything that just shows we've regressed this season.

Anyone who enjoyed watching that game all credit to them, but it's utterly painful to watch us in these big games lately.

Why are we basing last season as a benchmark? If anything that just shows we've regressed this season.

Anyone who enjoyed watching that game all credit to them, but it's utterly painful to watch us in these big games lately.
I didn’t think it was a terrific game either but games there never have been. It’s always a super hard place to get a result and there enjoying a new manager bounce. A point away there is never a bad point. Yes our record needs to be better against the top 6 if we want to push on.

If we did it last season what makes you think we can’t do it again? What we need is consistency. And I can’t see how we have regressed on a whole. We have more points and more gls than we had at this point last season. People just going from one extreme to the other.

..... and there enjoying a new manager bounce. .....

I don't believe they are. They've just had a very favourable run of games which I think was the main reason they made the change to get the fraud in.

Tuchel's done little different. Lampard would well arguably have gotten similar results from the run of lesser sides they just come off.

I don't believe they are. They've just had a very favourable run of games which I think was the main reason they made the change to get the fraud in.

Tuchel's done little different. Lampard would well arguably have gotten similar results from the run of lesser sides they just come off.
Yeah that could be partly true mate. But it’s the sort of games they were dropping points in also.

Titles are win per season. If over half season the trend is downward then the last season statistics mean nothing.

Titles are win per season. If over half season the trend is downward then the last season statistics by mean nothing.
Well you can say the same this time next season if we have as good a record against the big teams as last season. That this seasons poor top 6 records counts for jack!

Shaw will likely get banned for this while naff all will get said about the ***** officiating!

Shaw on Hudson Odoi's handball: "I even heard the referee say to H [Maguire] if I say it's a pen then it's going to cause a lot of people to talk afterwards." #mulive [sky]

Shaw: "H [Maguire] said that they [match officials] got told it was a pen by VAR so I'm not sure what's gone on. I don't understand why it's been stopped. If it's going to stop then you think it's going to be a pen because we had the ball and we were attacking." #mulive [sky]

Hmmmmm. "I can't say (what the referee said to Maguire), that's not going to be good for him."

*Thinks ......

Did the referee ask Maguire who in the World told him he was a defender? And then broke down laughing at the actual absurdity of him playing for one of the biggest clubs on the planet in that role?

Hmmmmm. "I can't say (what the referee said to Maguire), that's not going to be good for him."

*Thinks ......

Did the referee ask Maguire who in the World told him he was a defender? And then broke down laughing at the actual absurdity of him playing for one of the biggest clubs on the planet in that role?
Nah he asked him if the shape of his head is for real.

Yanno, I really used to like Roy Keane. He was edgy which was different. But he always said exactly what he felt, and not what his paymasters wanted him to say. Just straight forward, telling it like it was without the B/S. I found his honest style refreshing as a pundit.

But this season he's gone the way most everyone, on that absolute sham, tabloid organisation Sky invariably goes and has totally sold out for the sake of controversy. A complete, embarrassing parody of the straight-up, tell it like it is edginess that made him so different from the norm and appealing/ entertaining to watch.

All he sadly is now is a click-bait sell-out no better than Carragher or any other of the same ilk.

Disappointing.