The Manchester United Thread

We didn't deserve to win the game anyway, too negative tactically and ultimately in football if you're not good enough then you rely on decisions like this to win you games. A great team like City don't rely on these type of decisions to win them games. They make sure they get the job done themselves.

We didn't deserve to win the game anyway, too negative tactically and ultimately in football if you're not good enough then you rely on decisions like this to win you games. A great team like City don't rely on these type of decisions to win them games. They make sure they get the job done themselves.
Thats completely besides the point.

The way we approach these big games we're happy for the draw before game even starts. Case in point at Anfield in PL the draw we saw as a good result and we played it out that way. Despite it being obvious to everyone that with their injury crisis it was a great chance to try and beat Liverpool. They had just been beaten by Burnley and what did City go and do a month later at Anfield?

Look, we aren't good enough, as soon as we've had a little bit of pressure and title talk, we've crumbled. Can't approach big games like this and bottle it against teams like Sheff Utd and West B rom.

Thats completely besides the point.

We've had our fair share of decisions this season go our way, look at the big picture and realise that we are not good enough to win these games. The performances in the end will be the deciding factor.

We've had our fair share of decisions this season go our way, look at the big picture and realise that we are not good enough to win these games. The performances in the end will be the deciding factor.
The big picture is that refs needs to be held accountable and things must be more transparent.

No one has said they were good enough to beat them to be honest, however, sometimes the best team doesn't win on another day the handball incident would have had a different outcome. The truth is the frontline hasn't been doing their job this season. Rashford and Fernandes may both be in double figures goals wise but only 9 of Rashford's have come in the Premiership, Fernandes fairs better with 15 after those two the other 3 regular attackers (Cavani, Martial and Greenwood) have managed to not even score as many as Fernandes in all competitions (18 goals compared to Fernandes 22) combined (Cavani has proven to be a regular scorer but he hasn't played enough to be fair). That is no where near good enough for a club expecting to challenge for honours. Much has been made about the defence this season but if the frontline had been doing their job you would expected at least a couple of those draws to have been turned into wins.

No one has said they were good enough to beat them to be honest, however, sometimes the best team doesn't win on another day the handball incident would have had a different outcome. The truth is the frontline hasn't been doing their job this season. Rashford and Fernandes may both be in double figures goals wise but only 9 of Rashford's have come in the Premiership, Fernandes fairs better with 15 after those two the other 3 regular attackers (Cavani, Martial and Greenwood) have managed to not even score as many as Fernandes in all competitions (18 goals compared to Fernandes 22) combined (Cavani has proven to be a regular scorer but he hasn't played enough to be fair). That is no where near good enough for a club expecting to challenge for honours. Much has been made about the defence this season but if the frontline had been doing their job you would expected at least a couple of those draws to have been turned into wins.

Well there is also the McFred midfield that lacks the supply in most of the big games we have used them.

The way we approach these big games we're happy for the draw before game even starts. Case in point at Anfield in PL the draw we saw as a good result and we played it out that way. Despite it being obvious to everyone that with their injury crisis it was a great chance to try and beat Liverpool. They had just been beaten by Burnley and what did City go and do a month later at Anfield?

Look, we aren't good enough, as soon as we've had a little bit of pressure and title talk, we've crumbled. Can't approach big games like this and bottle it against teams like Sheff Utd and West B rom.
Funny enough, this is how we approached big games last season as well. The difference is we took any chances that came our way with Rashford and Martial both outperforming their xG. I guess that's why we were able to squeak those tight wins consistently and not draw.

Definitely not a sustainable approach as we've seen with the 0-0s

Well there is also the McFred midfield that lacks the supply in most of the big games we have used them.
Even that wouldn't be a problem if the forwards didn't need 5-6 chances just to get one goal. The midfield situation is down to injuries which can't be helped, unfortunately.

Even that wouldn't be a problem if the forwards didn't need 5-6 chances just to get one goal. The midfield situation is down to injuries which can't be helped, unfortunately.

I still have no idea why Ole doesn't play DvB, I get he hasn't pulled up any trees... but he's a proven midfielder with a run of games can get back to how he started in a United shirt. Think it speaks to a greater problem, I'm convinced it wasn't even his signing at this point.

For Ajax he mostly wasn't a no.10, but Ole seems very reluctant to play him anywhere else, however I'd much rather see him next to Fred or McTominay compared to ****** Matic even sometimes he has used.

Oh and we can write off next season if we don't strengthen in the summer. Ole's comments are making me think that we won't be doing much. Because of Covid... yeah... Glazers still take out dividends during the pandemic.

I still have no idea why Ole doesn't play DvB, I get he hasn't pulled up any trees... but he's a proven midfielder with a run of games can get back to how he started in a United shirt. Think it speaks to a greater problem, I'm convinced it wasn't even his signing at this point.

For Ajax he mostly wasn't a no.10, but Ole seems very reluctant to play him anywhere else, however I'd much rather see him next to Fred or McTominay compared to ****** Matic even sometimes he has used.
Think he does not know how to use him. I thought when Pogba was playing before him it was because they need to play him, keep valuation up to sell in summer. But now during Pogba being out, he is still not playing is strange.

We'll let yers have Nat Phillips at the end of the season if you like?

Just as mediocre a footballer. But Nat can actually defend well.

I'm calling Marcel Bout tomorrow and telling him my nephew is George Weah's cousin.
Swear to jaysus we would sign any aul ****.