The Manchester United Thread

Regardless of if Pogba stays or not, we still need a quality CDM. Someone who can properly screen in front of our back 4 and also make line breaking passes to one of pogba, Fernandes and potentially VdB. We get that type of DM and do away with the double pivot of McFred. That 1 right signing could improve us as a whole.
That's quite a rare profile, no? You're talking about two types of players - a destroyer/interceptor type and a playmaker in one. Maybe Kimmich is the only one I can think of who can fit that role (and maybe de Jong). Other than that, a proper screen DM will do.

That's quite a rare profile, no? You're talking about two types of players - a destroyer/interceptor type and a playmaker in one. Maybe Kimmich is the only one I can think of who can fit that role (and maybe de Jong). Other than that, a proper screen DM will do.
You also have Fabinho and Ndidi.

Garner! But he’s maybe a year or 2 away. Superb at reading the game and putting in interceptions and doesn’t mind a tackle either. And his passing is Carrickesque

I also like Bissouma or Camavinga. But the later isn’t really needed with Garner soon to be knocking on the door. There’s also Galbraith but he needs a loan first to see if he can adapt as well as Garner has to top men’s football.

Garner! But he’s maybe a year or 2 away. Superb at reading the game and putting in interceptions and doesn’t mind a tackle either. And his passing is Carrickesque

I also like Bissouma or Camavinga. But the later isn’t really needed with Garner soon to be knocking on the door. There’s also Galbraith but he needs a loan first to see if he can adapt as well as Garner has to top men’s football.
I quite like Garner, but I would still think he may need one more loan to actually see how he adapts to the PL. Maybe to a PL side where he is guaranteed minutes? Dunno. Feel he may need a year or more before he can solely take over. Remember, he has had half a good season. That being said, I do get Carrick vibes from him, and we have needed someone to dictate tempo from midfield for a long time.

I would classify Ndidi as more of a shield than a line-breaking passer. But he is amazing at that, and would be an amazing CDM signing. Never know why we never went for Fabinho, btw. He was an excellent signing, even back then.
We can thank Jose for that. Fabinho was available for the same fee Matic cost on the same window. We had several scouts that recommended him to but Jose preferred Matic cos it's Jose

Just to let everyone know, the petition has now got over 100,000 (101,076) signatures for the government to change legislation on how clubs are run. Will now go to government after reaching the 100k target that was needed.

Also rumoured to be around 15-20k fan protest at the Liverpool match outside OT. That’s not including any Liverpool fans that turn up.

what a waste of time nothing and i do mean nothing will change good on em for giving a F U CK but pointless

Just to let everyone know, the petition has now got over 100,000 (101,076) signatures for the government to change legislation on how clubs are run. Will now go to government after reaching the 100k target that was needed.

Also rumoured to be around 15-20k fan protest at the Liverpool match outside OT. That’s not including any Liverpool fans that turn up.

Why would any L'pool fans turn up again? We've been through this and significantly played our part in removing toxic owners.

We aren't anywhere near that situation with Fenway.

what a waste of time nothing and i do mean nothing will change good on em for giving a F U CK but pointless

At the very least, if Utd fans actually got organised and coordinated this time and kept this up, it will make the Glaziers think and become uncomfortable mate. The single worst thing American's hate, along with profits being hit, is bad PR.

Now those two Hicks and Gillet weren't nearly as ensconced at Anfield as the Glaziers tenure at Utd. But we wrote the playbook in how to hit them hard and ultimately played a major part in getting them out of the club. As Broughton, the then Chairman who brokered the deal to Fenway was quick to praise us for.

Among other things, targetting and hitting all the club sponsors/ the constant bad PR on all the marches/ staying behind protesting after every home game with all the press guys and sponsors in the ground/ more and more boycotting matches as attendances fell and club profits with them/ the concerted SM campaign against them and any company connected to them et al all played a significant part in ultimately driving them out.

It's a LONG and really weary road. And it lead to some proper ugly atmospheres at games with fan-against-fan in the ground. But we're a recent, living example of just where you can push this if you're organised and have the fortitude to see it through.

At the very least, if Utd fans actually got organised and coordinated this time and kept this up, it will make the Glaziers think and become uncomfortable mate. The single worst thing American's hate, along with profits being hit, is bad PR.

Now those two Hicks and Gillet weren't nearly as ensconced at Anfield as the Glaziers tenure at Utd. But we wrote the playbook in how to hit them hard and ultimately played a major part in getting them out of the club. As Broughton, the then Chairman who brokered the deal to Fenway was quick to praise us for.

Among other things, targetting and hitting all the club sponsors/ the constant bad PR on all the marches/ staying behind protesting after every home game with all the press guys and sponsors in the ground/ more and more boycotting matches as attendances fell and club profits with them/ the concerted SM campaign against them and any company connected to them et al all played a significant part in ultimately driving them out.

It's a LONG and really weary road. And it lead to some proper ugly atmospheres at games with fan-against-fan in the ground. But we're a recent, living example of just where you can push this if you're organised and have the fortitude to see it through.
For the first time ever even since the marches and protests I went to in 05 it seems fans and fan channel are finally together and are coordinating things as one with the same goal. Instead of doing it for there own gain. Like you said it’s gonna be a long road. And at the very least the PR for them will be terrible. Things already started to be planned for when fans are back in the ground also.