The Manchester United Thread

Honestly I would take a chance and grab Conte while he's available instead of giving another season to Ole.

On vacation so needed to stream the game. Holy moly the bias to united and pure disrespect to Villarreal, seems they only knew that their city is 50k large and nothing else.

Yeah the commentary was awful, massive bias and disrespect towards Villarreal. Also one of the commentators refered to Gdansk as Danzig at some point, which is a big nope from me. City hasnt' been called Danzig since certain austrian painter with tiny mustache shot himself, get with times already.

There’s defo been a PR leak or something out of OT the last hour with about 5/6 journo all reporting within mins of each other that Ole wants Sancho, Torres, Rice and interested in Kane and Trippier.

Honestly I would take a chance and grab Conte while he's available instead of giving another season to Ole.
Bringing in Conte is a short term option and a whole new rebuild since he won't mesh with half the squad.

There’s defo been a PR leak or something out of OT the last hour with about 5/6 journo all reporting within mins of each other that Ole wants Sancho, Torres, Rice and interested in Kane and Trippier.
I wasn't convinced by that Pau Torres lad but after his performance last night, sign him tf up.

I wasn't convinced by that Pau Torres lad but after his performance last night, sign him tf up.
I’m still not tbh. While he played well he doesn’t look a huge upgrade on Linderlof. He’s definitely better. But he literally had a 10 man defence around him and had virtually nothing to do. Great pen though. Also he’s not very quick. I like he’s left footed though.

Scenes in Liverpool .....

1622134810267.png

Bringing in Conte is a short term option and a whole new rebuild since he won't mesh with half the squad.
Yeah, plus, I can't remember a United side not playing with players on the wings. Conte is a complete U-turn. He is a serial winner, yes, but wouldn't work with our squad. Poch is still probably the best fit for us, but don't think approaching a new coach is on the agenda anytime soon.

Would of been nice to have Martial available last night despite his quite season. Our attacking options were ***** last night. No excuse for not using subs still.

Would of been nice to have Martial available last night despite his quite season. Our attacking options were ***** last night. No excuse for not using subs still.
You have VdB, a brilliant reader of space, on the bench. Also had Amad Diallo would, from what I've seen so far, is brilliant in tight spaces as well. The options were there.

Ten Hag for me. You wouldn't even have to change that much.
BPD (Blind, Maguire)
Creative fullback (Tagliafico - Shaw)
Dynamic playmaker (Gravenbach - United is missing one)
Goalscoring midfielder (Klaasen - DVdB)
Second striker/playmaker ( Tadić - Bruno)
Tricky wide striker/winger (Anthony - Rashford)
Strong goalscorer (Haller - Cavani).

Get Van Der Saar as a Woodward replacement and let him dictate.

You have VdB, a brilliant reader of space, on the bench. Also had Amad Diallo would, from what I've seen so far, is brilliant in tight spaces as well. The options were there.
The problem is the was no space at all. We neede wide options that could beat a FB like Greenwood was doing.

Honestly, I'm not sure if our coaching set-up actually knows how to properly use VdB. He's an excellent manipulator and user of space, but for that, there needs to be a solid plan to create and use space.

Our plan for space is to get teams to attack and then go on the counter, using quick transitions. We rely on the opposition to create space, additionally, for a counter to work, we need to be quite structured. This is also why we struggle against teams that sit back, because we tend to do that a lot too. There is no tactical thought or techniques used to actually break down teams, especially ones that sit back and defend.

Both of those scenarios mean that VdB won't be as effective, nor do I believe our set-up knows how to use him. Wonder what the thought was in trying to buy him.

I'm not saying he is a world-beater sitting on the bench, not yet. But he is definitely more talented than the amount he has been used this year. And not integrating him more has cost us a few games, where we have looked short of space and creativity from the middle.

Or perhaps players didn't recognize the space. But tbh, he would've been isolated anyways
Yeah that’s what I mean. Scholes, Ferdinand, Hargreaves we’re all talking in the build up about Fernandes being great at finding space and working well in it. He was completely shut out all night.

Also i have no problems with how Ole is doing things ala Fergie setup wise. But he needs to get 1/2 top class coaches to work with him. I don’t know what Carrick does but McTominey credits him for his improvement and development under Ole so he must be doing something right. McKenna I rate highly. But Phelan I think is time to move him on. Fergie said he was the best defensive coach he worked with but maybe times have just past him by.
Wasn't when Phelan was number 2 that you played the most pragmatic footie under Fergie?

1622147268251.png

Sighs. Just ........

He should name and shame them. Low life, inhuman *****!

A F teacher man. Just ....... beyond an utter disgrace. He wants striking off and banning from teaching ever again at the very least.

Last edited: