The Manchester United Thread

But it's a great signing Scouse!!
I'm sure some people will reel out the B.S that we will sell DVG and free up funds yadda yadda yadda... and have a proven ;) GK to slot in FOR FREE!!!

The problems for United are growing.
It includes the fan base at this stage.
It’s a nothing signing. But a needed signing.

It’s a nothing signing. But a needed signing.

We needed a 35 year old Goalkeeper TOD?
I will ask that again in crayon.

colored-crayons.png

I'll wait and see how this plays out. It's likely Romero and one of DDG/Henderson are shown the door so the Heaton signing would make sense

DDG/Henderson, Lee Grant, Heaton

It’s really not rocket science. Yet fans are getting worked up lol. Romero/ Grant/ Joel from the first team are either being sold or released. Then Bishop and Kovar from the u23s are going out on loan and Woolsten is being released from the u23s.

plus we don’t know what’s happening with DDG or Henderson. Signing Heaton even as a 3rd choice keeper makes perfect sense. Simple really

Last edited:
It’s really not rocket science. Yet fans are getting worked up lol.

LOL?
Jesus christ. It's like talking to a 14 year old girl.

Other clubs are progressing because they are looking forward in a footballing sense.
United are putting paw patrol plasters on gaping wounds and keeping the uneducated gobshites who follow them silent for another season.

LOL?
Jesus christ. It's like talking to a 14 year old girl.

Other clubs are progressing because they are looking forward in a footballing sense.
United are putting paw patrol plasters on gaping wounds and keeping the uneducated gobshites who follow them silent for another season.

Well signing Heaton could actually be seen as a "forward thinking" signing given the likely GK turnover we are set to have this summer. Heaton would likely be our emergency 3rd choice keeper and happy to sit on the bench.

It's like Stockholm syndrome.

I give up.
Lol, why don't you play devil's advocate here and engage me on this a bit?

I'll call out a silly signing when I see one but Heaton looks like a preemptive one. It also looks like we're trying to fill up the home grown quota as well.

Why not just watch and see what happens in 2-3 months before we start throwing fits about the transfer window that hasn't begun?

Yeah, mostly okay with the Heaton signing. Romero/Grant are being sold. As of now, we don't need a prospect to follow Henderson/de Gea. And I don't think de Gea will be sold in the summer, so Heaton is back-up on probably significantly lesser wages. It shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

1/2. Statement from @ManUtd: "Mason Greenwood has withdrawn from England Euro 2021 squad in order to recover fully from an underlying injury that also kept him out of the U21 Euros in March.

2/2. "Mason’s club appearances were managed carefully to maintain his availability through the intensive 20/21 PL + and EL schedule but a further spell of tournament football would not be beneficial + Mason will remain at Man Utd to recuperate and prepare for pre-season training"

CAFC: Karoy Anderson’s move to Manchester United is closed. He is will join up with u18s next season Best position is 8. Tenacious player. Best rated u18 CM in from around London.

With Brexit I can see a lot of these moves happening now by bigger clubs.

— Manchester United negotiated a big sell-on clause as part of the €80million (£73.7m) transfer that saw Romelu Lukaku move to Inter Milan in the summer of 2019. #mufc [MEN]