The Manchester United Thread

Can’t fathom why United are not sacking Ole and going all-out for Conte. Easily top 5 manager in the world. Only blemish is his record in Europe so far.
Doesn't exactly develop youngsters. 3-5-2 means a lot of our players face issues fitting into it (Pogba, Fernandes, AwB, Shaw). Conte is a world-class manager, but he wouldn't be a right fit for United.

Can’t fathom why United are not sacking Ole and going all-out for Conte. Easily top 5 manager in the world. Only blemish is his record in Europe so far.
According to transfermarkt, his average term as a manager is 1.20 years, so just over a season. He can be amazing as much as he wants, he has some issues and United spent 5-6 seasons fixing their own, and now when the boat is somewhat stable to sack Ole and start all over again? No thanks.

According to transfermarkt, his average term as a manager is 1.20 years, so just over a season. He can be amazing as much as he wants, he has some issues and United spent 5-6 seasons fixing their own, and now when the boat is somewhat stable to sack Ole and start all over again? No thanks.

Boat may be stable with Ole but it is not exactly stable at a desirable level. Conte is proven winner who will get results immediately. If he is backed in the transfer market, he will definitely stick around as well.

First clubs are hard to decide as manager with him, but moving might be understandable as he went up the careere ladder. Atlanta was a miss for him but hey managers must learn from somewhere and not come in as managers wihtout experience.

The Juventus gig was 3 season for him and he was very successful. Left for Itally job(2 years), many would if your homecountry comes calling after very sucessful 3 years in club level. He left Itally as he felt it was not for him and wanted to manage clubs. Chelsea is hard to work in, we all know that. As much I remember none of his transfer where able to get and he had Drinkwater bought in... Inter ended because of bad owners and financial shitstorm they are in, with open sale they are having right now.

I think people considering him as short term manager are wrong. Definetly I missed some issues etc he has had but in bigger picture he has image wrongly put on. He is and will be VERY hard manager to work with and someone who will never hold back. But those are his idellogies and ways of managing. He expects respect and honest from the club. He is very much like Bielsa in this regard. How many have told he is too hard to manage and think his transfermarket avarage term could be even less as he quit after 2 days :D

He needs club that believes his methology and back his vision. The same reason why Bielsa is one of the top managers, but it is just so hard to fit in modern clubs and owners whos structures are so rotten from bottom to top.

Boat may be stable with Ole but it is not exactly stable at a desirable level. Conte is proven winner who will get results immediately. If he is backed in the transfer market, he will definitely stick around as well.
Like Mourinho ? Yes he might come in and win something but at what cost. It will be complete tare up of what has happened over the last 3 yrs. And he defo won’t get backed at this club lol.

He had as much brakedowns as Mourinho. No thanks even if Ole can't bring United to next level.

First clubs are hard to decide as manager with him, but moving might be understandable as he went up the careere ladder. Atlanta was a miss for him but hey managers must learn from somewhere and not come in as managers wihtout experience.

The Juventus gig was 3 season for him and he was very successful. Left for Itally job(2 years), many would if your homecountry comes calling after very sucessful 3 years in club level. He left Itally as he felt it was not for him and wanted to manage clubs. Chelsea is hard to work in, we all know that. As much I remember none of his transfer where able to get and he had Drinkwater bought in... Inter ended because of bad owners and financial shitstorm they are in, with open sale they are having right now.

I think people considering him as short term manager are wrong. Definetly I missed some issues etc he has had but in bigger picture he has image wrongly put on. He is and will be VERY hard manager to work with and someone who will never hold back. But those are his idellogies and ways of managing. He expects respect and honest from the club. He is very much like Bielsa in this regard. How many have told he is too hard to manage and think his transfermarket avarage term could be even less as he quit after 2 days :D

He needs club that believes his methology and back his vision. The same reason why Bielsa is one of the top managers, but it is just so hard to fit in modern clubs and owners whos structures are so rotten from bottom to top.
Just aint work the risk. Dude has some issues and you can clearly see something is not alright with him.

Doesn't exactly develop youngsters. 3-5-2 means a lot of our players face issues fitting into it (Pogba, Fernandes, AwB, Shaw). Conte is a world-class manager, but he wouldn't be a right fit for United.
I feel Luke Shaw would have no issue with a LWB role. I still think he's a misfit for United tho (Conte that is)

Confirmed preseason friendlies so far

Derby County v Manchester United
Pride Park
Sunday 18 July KO: 13:00

QPR v Manchester United
Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium
Saturday 24 July KO: 15:00

Manchester United v Brentford
Old Trafford
Wednesday 28 July KO: 20:00

Manchester United v Everton
Old Trafford
Saturday 7 August KO: 17:00

Johan Guadagno | Club reveal they’ve taken 18-year-old Manchester United talent on trial – Possible transfer.

FC Copenhagen sporting director Peter Christiansen:
We have been given a unique opportunity to look at two options, which we have followed for a long time.