The Manchester United Thread

Just announced, a 1 year deal.

A good move, he’s been excellent with the young lads coming through. Especially getting praise from the likes of Hannibal and Shortire in the transition into the first team setup. Has also taken a pay cut to suit his role in the team and will stay on at the club in some role as a non player in the board after this final yr.

Last edited:
Romero and Joel is gone as well as 2 good keepers from the youth u23s setup out on loan. And one of DDG or Henderson will be sold.

So will likely be left with Henderson, Heaton, Grant next season.
Okay but what club out there is going to take DDG off our hands with 350k p/w? The one club I thought that had the needs and resources to do was PSG but they've snapped up Dollarumma.

Unless somehow, we have a buyer for him lined up (I don't see any rumors anywhere), this is a dumb move even if Heaton was free. We basically have more wages on the books

Okay but what club out there is going to take DDG off our hands with 350k p/w? The one club I thought that had the needs and resources to do was PSG but they've snapped up Dollarumma.

Unless somehow, we have a buyer for him lined up (I don't see any rumors anywhere), this is a dumb move even if Heaton was free. We basically have more wages on the books
We don’t know who’s leaving out the 2 tbh. But I bet my life both won’t be here this season. The way it’s unfolding it looks like it’s been planned tbh.

1 leaving will likely free up funds for a CM and a back up RB.

Still jaw dropping stupidity what Utd did with Henderson. Totally handcuffed you now have the two highest salaried goalies in the World on the same team.

Really interesting to watch how Henderson deals with the pressure of 75k in Utd's goal this year. He may develop into a consistent ‘keeper but theres a natural big drop off from de Gea to him right now for me. Even accounting for de Geas dip, he’s still a top quality goalie in his prime years.

Whole different proposition playing in fromt of an expectant OT crowd than a hopeful one in Sheffield less than half that.

Big season for him.

No worries about Henderson’s mentality or ability to deal with that pressure. IF he’s the one that stays.

You're probably correct, but I want to hear what misinformation you have about that number.

You do olay some weird games mate. But I’lm indulge you. £100 K a week. Although it’s higher dependent on who you read but lets go with that.

So Utd have what, £475 K a week tied up
In 2 goalies What other club n World football has anything like that again?

Being as you madly asked when ‘this happened?’