The Manchester United Thread

Is the answer ‘too much?’😉
He earns around 100k, which is on the same level as Lloris, and is still lesser than Alison and Kepa, going by most sources. The problem is that there is also de Gea, on ~375k, which is mental. which was the by-product of Sanchez and the disastrous salary offered to him.

Remove de Gea (which, I have my doubts on happening), and it's still under control.

Henderson is not one the highest paid GKs in the world as far as I know. Combined they likely are though. But that won’t be an issue much longer.

He earns around 100k, which is on the same level as Lloris, and is still lesser than Alison and Kepa, going by most sources. The problem is that there is also de Gea, on ~375k, which is mental. which was the by-product of Sanchez and the disastrous salary offered to him.

Remove de Gea (which, I have my doubts on happening), and it's still under control.

I know ta.

Beat you. 😛

I know ta.

Beat you. 😛
What was mental was how much Ederson earns, which, going by sources, is around 65k. That is insane.

But yeah, I have my doubts on de Gea being sold, especially in a Covid market. And I don't see any of the top clubs at present looking to move on/upgrade their GK. The one slightly possible is Atleti, if someone goes in for Oblak. Otherwise, all the top clubs (which can afford de Gea) have settled options. I expect us to pay about 150k-200k of his salary to let him leave (or on a free, similar to Sanchez). My guess is that they both will remain, atleast for another year.

Woodward and the Sanchez debacle was the result of this insane wage demand being offered to de Gea (he was justified in asking it too, as he had been the top performer for the team until then for a couple of years).

You do olay some weird games mate. But I’lm indulge you. £100 K a week. Although it’s higher dependent on who you read but lets go with that.

So Utd have what, £475 K a week tied up
In 2 goalies What other club n World football has anything like that again?

Being as you madly asked when ‘this happened?’
Ok, so you mean together. I gotcha. I thought "
Totally handcuffed you now have the two highest salaried goalies in the World on the same team.
"
means #1 and #2 on the list. My bad.

Ok, so you mean together. I gotcha. I thought "
Totally handcuffed you now have the two highest salaried goalies in the World on the same team.
"
means #1 and #2 on the list. My bad.

Who’s behind de Gea out of interest?

Oblak?

FB_IMG_1625272162122.jpg

This gave me a good chuckle 🤣

Only because no one wants him :ROFLMAO:

That made me literally LOL.

But joking aside, I'd honestly take both Martial and van de Beek in a heartbeat in a perfect World.

Both would be absolutely perfect fits and fulfil their talent under Klopp.

Neuer, then Oblak. Courtois and Navas round up top 5. All above 200k per week, with DDG and Neuer two with over 300k pw. Alisson ie has 120k pw.

Presumably, PSG will now be smashing another into that top group with the addition of the Italian.

Not that a club playing a completely different game to everyone else like City gives two F's when they have a whole State funding them.

That made me literally LOL.

But joking aside, I'd honestly take both Martial and van de Beek in a heartbeat in a perfect World.

Both would be absolutely perfect fits and fulfil their talent under Klopp.
Don't see the mentality in Martial that Klopp wants from his players.
Think he needs to do something like Depay did, other league, build confidence and consistency that brings him to next level.

Don't see the mentality in Martial that Klopp wants from his players.
Think he needs to do something like Depay did, other league, build confidence and consistency that brings him to next level.

I think it's all down to the environment he's in and how he's been developed.

I'd wager he'd be a competent CF under different circumstances already but it is what it is.

Sancho starting tonight apparently

If it was anyone bar Southgate it'd be mad he hasn't started already. One of the top young attacking talents in World football barely playing in a major tournament? Utter madness, And with a distinct lack of leadership, if Henderson isn't now starting in place of Rice, he deserves all he gets the tougher the tournament gets,

But it is Southgate. So neither is any surprise.