The Manchester United Thread

Official: Travis Binnion is the #mufc’s new Under-18s lead coach, with Neil Ryan moving up to assist Neil Wood with the Under-23s

First game of the season for our U18, away to City. A very difficult game. KO 12.00, so not on MUTV. However, City+ is showing the game if you want to pay the noisy neighbor a small fee.

Embargoed Quotes:

Solskjær on giving some players more time off this summer: "You know, it’s not about giving them extra time off. It’s about giving them the time off they need to recover." #mulive

Solskjær: "Footballers play 60 or 70 games at a higher intensity level, more scrutiny on social media, they need to switch off, we have to look after players. We can’t add games and add games and add games and say, 'if you’re successful that means you have less time'." #mulive

Solskjær: "I always go for a minimum of three weeks [that] you need for a break to mentally switch off and physically recharge. Some [players] have had four weeks, some have had five for different reasons, some for personal reasons." #mulive

Solskjær: "Edinson [Cavani] was a different matter, that’s personal reasons. But we’re all, I wouldn’t say that we give them extra time off, we need a product, we need players to play well, we need them to be fresh." #mulive

Solskjær: "The world hasn’t been perfect, so it’s quarantine and isolation and it’s a difficult situation for them [the players], but I’m sure we’ll reap the benefits when they really get going." #mulive

Solskjær: "To be able to spread the goals across more forwards is going to be important for us. An attacking midfielder should not be the only player reaching 20 goals for us, no." #mulive

Solskjær: "Anthony will score more goals than he did last season, Mason will develop, Edinson started late last season so will score more goals, Jadon will come in and chip in with goals so I feel confident that the burden is not just on Bruno and Rashy to score." #mulive

Solskjær: "Last season was disappointing but I am very confident in what I see from Anthony [Martial]. I like what I see from him in training, what I see in the gym. He has the bit between his teeth again." #mulive

Solskjær: "I think he [Van de Beek] felt the Premier League is different and that he needs to build up that physical strength. He’s looking good. He’s still not lost his endurance and his movement, so that’s very good." #mulive

Solskjær: "Mason [Greenwood] is a combination of age, because he is just filling out as a young boy, but the common denominator is the work they [the players] do with the fitness staff here. I’ve got some unbelievable staff." #mulive

Solskjær: "It’s important, imperative in fact in the Premier League that you do have that robustness. I don’t want my players to break anyone’s noses but you need to make sure you’re felt out there. You can’t just play nice football." #mulive

Solskjær: "We need that [toughness] to be able to challenge at the top. We can’t be too nice. We can’t have, ‘oh, there’s another game next week’ – every single game and every single training, it matters." #mulive

Solskjær: "If you want to be successful, that’s [consistently training hard] the discipline, that’s what you need and hopefully, and it looks like it, they’ve [#mufc players] had a horrible feeling in their stomach as I’ve had this summer." #mulive

The hold-up with Raphaël Varane's transfer to #mufc is believed to have been resolved overnight. Now it is a case of when United decide to announce it. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

There is a chance #mufc will announce the signing of Raphaël Varane before kick-off. The paperwork for the transfer has been signed and sorted after the hold-up for the deal was resolved. [MEN]

And @Bujakaa92 wonders why everyone fu*king hate Leeds.
I know about our **** fans, no news there. Definitely there are good lads also. I just never have that kind of experience like fans at England, so it is hard to put my head fully to hate Leeds. Understand rivalry and why won't stand each other :D

It is what it is. Lets have the team do the talking on the field, like we did during last season.