The Manchester United Thread

Clearly things are not working. This is by far the best United team in a decade, but the results and eveb more alarming, the way they're playing, are simply not good. Something needs to change very soon.

Oof...seen an article published years ago but this was when he was at Juventus. Juve fans complained Ronaldo often presented a tactical problem. If he's not producing then he's a passenger. Perhaps as the article says, you can't start all of Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Sancho and greenwood in one XI. Then there's Rashford, Martial and the forgotten man Cavani
Problem is he needs service he’s had very little at Juve and Utd tbh. But when he has he’s scored. He would be killing it at City!

We defo can’t play all those. I would drop Pogba for Rashford. Have a front 3 of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Rashford. Then a CM 3 of Matic or Mctominey at the base. With VDB and Fernandes

Problem is he needs service he’s had very little at Juve and Utd tbh. But when he has he’s scored. He would be killing it at City!

We defo can’t play all those. I would drop Pogba for Rashford. Have a front 3 of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Rashford. Then a CM 3 of Matic or Mctominey at the base. With VDB and Fernandes

You want to know my take? I personally think Pep would give Ronaldo the Eto treatment at city. No way would pep allow one player to compromise his entire system. He requires his forwards to press and I don't see him making Ronaldo do that.

We could wallop you 10 and I doubt that happens.

I'll wager anything there is absolutely NO way he's going anywhere this season. As much as he needs to.

What the support may want and what the owners are sound with are two completely different things.

And the only way he goes at the seasons end is if Utd mess up top 4 and cost the Glazers money.

As utterly mad as both moves were, they haven't extend him and Phelan early to turn around and bin them now.

*Edit* @Legend Incredible beat me to it. Great minds and all that. 🍻
But isn't that effectively what they did with Jose .... Give him a contract extension then dump him?

Oof...seen an article published years ago but this was when he was at Juventus. Juve fans complained Ronaldo often presented a tactical problem. If he's not producing then he's a passenger. Perhaps as the article says, you can't start all of Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Sancho and greenwood in one XI. Then there's Rashford, Martial and the forgotten man Cavani
Does not help Pirlo and Ole are those last two managers Ronaldo has been working with.

Last edited:
1634649685752.png

CL group game at youth level

Team: Vitek, Jurado, Hardley, Mengi, Iqbal, Garnacho, Hansen-Aaroen, Hugill, Shoretire, Mather
Subs: Bennett, Hanbury, Oyedele, Forson, Hoogewerf, Svidersky, Gore

3-1 up at HT (Iqbal, Hugill, Garnacho) but it could be 5-3 with chances. Our defence looks disinterested.

Edit - Outstanding play by Shoretire and Fernandez and a great finish by Forson gives us the goal we’ve deserved this half! 4-1.

I mean, everyone saw the writing in the wall that Mctominay and Fred would start today given what happened last week.

You can bash those two all you want but they both have the legs to cover alot of ground and somewhat mask the p. poor pressing system we implement