The Manchester United Thread

I remember reading it somewhere that one of the best English keepers, Shilton, was doing that and there's a story by some guy who said something along the lines that Shilton never misreads the shoot from the spot, and by the time he moved to save it the penalty taker was already celebrating the goal.

I think by following the ball you would at least put some psychological pressure on the shooter. Otherwise the shooter doesn't even have to place his shot very well, just get it on target and it's a goal because goalkeeper is flying to the Bahamas.

I think by following the ball you would at least put some psychological pressure on the shooter. Otherwise the shooter doesn't even have to place his shot very well, just get it on target and it's a goal because goalkeeper is flying to the Bahamas.
I'm not the expert, but goalkeeper would have to have superhuman refexes to be able to react in time. Ball travels probably a few meters before he gets to react. Then you add the leaping time. There's a good reason none of the top GK do that.

Ngl that was one of the worst halfs of footy ive watched from united ever. Should be 5 nil down.
Dalot and Telles are bystanders, Pogba is no where on the field (and thats a ****** good thing, once gets the ball, turnover follows and so does Villarreal's counterattack), Bruno is trying but its hard to play alone against their midfield. McTominay is doing decent job at cutting the lanes, too bad there's no second midfielder who can help a bit.
And thats the players only...

Honestly, **** Unai Emery. The most "anti football" manager there is. None of his teams are playing to win. And even with that they had 4-5 clear chances. Swiss cheese ( look how United looked once Pogba got subbed!)

Honestly, **** Unai Emery. The most "anti football" manager there is. None of his teams are playing to win. And even with that they had 4-5 clear chances. Swiss cheese ( look how United looked once Pogba got subbed!)
What anti football? You had possession only 53% at home vs 47%. Why should they come to Old Trafford to push against you so can counter like you want. De Gea + Ronaldo class saved you and they did not use their clear chances.

This is becoming interesting group.

What anti football? You had possession only 53% at home vs 47%. Why should they come to Old Trafford to push against you so can counter like you want. De Gea + Ronaldo class saved you and they did not use their clear chances.

This is becoming interesting group.
I didn't have any possession. Manchester United had.
Anyway, if you read again that post, maybe you'll see that I'm saying how poor United were and that they had 4-5 clear chances.

I mean, they weren't going to come here and do a Leeds but I wouldn't really say they played anti-football