The Manchester United Thread

Brilliant finish from Ronaldo. Say what you want about his work rate but he is still one of the best goalscorers in the world.
This is what irks me. What is wrong with his work rate? He's not "pressing" or what? He makes brilliant runs off the ball, constantly moving around the frontline.

This is what irks me. What is wrong with his work rate? He's not "pressing" or what? He makes brilliant runs off the ball, constantly moving around the frontline.

His work rate when United have possession is great. His work rate when the opposition have possession is the problem.

Just take this match for instance. Cavani and Bruno are constantly pressing and harrying the back line while Ronaldo is strolling around.

That first half probably has me pushing harder for Conte lol.

Reason is I see a lot of promise with that 3 at the back formation. Who better to implement it than Conte?

His work rate when United have possession is great. His work rate when the opposition have possession is the problem.

Just take this match for instance. Cavani and Bruno are constantly pressing and harrying the back line while Ronaldo is strolling around.
He's picking his moments. There are plenty of examples where he goes to press just for no one to follow ( Bruno and Cavani - or whoever presses along Bruno - are fine) from midfield and he's left with his arms wide open asking someone to help.

While its true he's not the best presser, he's far from Uniteds main problem when pressing.

I underestimated how gash spurs are tbh

Told yer.

That club is in an even worse mess than Utd. But Nuno probably won’t last as long as Solksjaer will.

Are Neville and Tyler creaming themselves? I refuse to watch them on Sky for the sake of my ears.

Spurs are **** luckily. Wtf has happened to Kane!
He doesn't want to be there. We can say whatever we want about his professionalism, but did Levy do a right thing by blocking his transfer? Spurs are reliant of Kane and without him, Son's half a player as well.

Imagine someone being worse than this United team.

Told yer.

That club is in an even worse mess than Utd. But Nuno probably won’t last as long as Solksjaer will.

Are Neville and Tyler creaming themselves? I refuse to watch them on Sky for the sake of my ears.

So you mean you don't want to hear Neville talk about how the PE teacher has turned the corner?

He doesn't want to be there. We can say whatever we want about his professionalism, but did Levy do a right thing by blocking his transfer? Spurs are reliant of Kane and without him, Son's half a player as well.

Imagine someone being worse than this United team.
More hilariously, imagine making our press look as effective as it did.

What is wrong with his work rate?

I don't think his work rate changed much over the years, but he used to repay lack of defensive contribution with so much goals the balance was in your favor in the end. These days when he's a 30-40 a year player not 60-70 it's a different conversation, same with Messi.