The Manchester United Thread

So it looks like Sergej Milinković-Savić would be available this summer. Been a fan of his for a while and would honestly be the ideal Pogba replacement.

Would rather just give Donny more games and not waste the money. Also Hannibal is more than ready to step up and replace Pogba. We need better No6 first hopefully Kumara or Haidara in Jan.

CM really interesting. I’m interested to see who Ragnick rates from the likes of Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Mejbri.

Laurie Whitwell
@lauriewhitwell

Jesse Lingard preparing to stay at Manchester United past the January transfer window, reports @David_Ornstein. Can make call on future as a free agent in summer and get his best deal.
Which just goes to prove Ole was stupid to veto the West Ham mov in the summer. They would have not only got rid of a player who had gone stale but also got a decent price for him. The only winner here is Lingard and his agent.

Which just goes to prove Ole was stupid to veto the West Ham mov in the summer. They would have not only got rid of a player who had gone stale but also got a decent price for him. The only winner here is Lingard and his agent.
If I remember correctly, Lingard himself wanted to stay to prove himself. West ham didn't even bother bidding when Lingard wasn't willing to leave

If I remember correctly, Lingard himself wanted to stay to prove himself. West ham didn't even bother bidding when Lingard wasn't willing to leave
If the club hadn't given him the option to stay which should have happened then he would have happily gone even then it was clear Ole only wanted him as back up but didn't have the balls to tell him that.

Good bye I hope!

Sevilla have positioned themselves for Anthony Martial and the player is attracted by the thought of a loan in Andalusia until the end of the season. They are the best placed club to do the deal #mulive [@RMCsport]

Last edited:
Murtough: “We’re all disappointed at Ole’s departure but he deserves to be judged on his record over past three years not his last few weeks. Secured our first back-to-back top-three finishes since Sir Alex retired. So close to winning silverware. He re-set club’s culture.” #MUFC

Murtough: “Out of respect for Ole we did not approach other managers before he left. Our plan then was to appoint an experienced interim manager. Ralf was our clear first choice. He’s someone I have admired for a long time, we’re delighted he’s here.” #MUFC

Murtough: “By bringing in Ralf we can now take time to run a thorough process for our next permanent manager. Recruiting a manager is one of the most important decisions a football club makes so we want to do it in a careful and considered fashion.” #MUFC

EXCL: United close to appointing master planners for OT revamp. Capacity to be ‘sensibly increased.’ General & corp areas to be expanded. Planners appointed for Carrington upgrade. Proposals described as ‘exciting’. South Stand can be worked on. More @MailSport soon. #mufc

— Rangnick on Hannibal: “Hannibal was here training for the first time since I arrived having just come back from the Arab Cup. Unfortunately for us and for him he will be missing out [with us] again in January because of the Africa Cup of Nations.” #mufc

— Rangnick on Hannibal: “I watched the final before his substitution and I’m fully aware that we have another good, highly-talented player coming from our youth and hopefully after the AFCON he can regularly train and be part of our group” #mufc

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Ralf Rangnick approved the decision to extend Anthony Elanga’s contract and he won’t be the only one. Youngsters will be key in his project. #MUFC Elanga officially signed a new deal until June 2026, with the option to extend for a further year.

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

The idea is for Elanga to remain at OT for the rest of the season. Loads of loan interest though. Ragnick wants to use him.

Simon Stone
@sistoney67

Ralf Rangnick says Martial wants to leave: “He explained to me he has been @ManUtd for seven years + feels is right time for a change + to go somewhere else. This is understandable. As far as I know, there has been no offer from other club. As long as this is case, he will stay.”

Time really does fly. Didn't know Martial has been here that long. It only feels like he scored his debut goal yesterday against Liverpool

Pinched from elsewhere. Made me chuckle.

Match of the night

Tonight is Newcastle vs.Man United. Howe vs. Rangnick, Dubravka vs. De Gea, the richest team on the planet vs. the biggest waste of money…oh wait no, sorry. Wan-Bissaka is injured.

it really is 7 years since Martial scored that Henry-eqsue goal in the debut...
Hadn't been so hyped over a debut goal since Rooney's champions league debut.

So much expectations yet 7 years later, we're still talking about his potential. if only his mentality wasn't wet toilet paper. I thought he was going to kick on after that 19/20 season where he scored 17 league goals (no penalties too) but that proved to be a bit of a fluke.

Back