The Manchester United Thread

I swear we are looking at Charlton's Ireland from 1990 :LOL:

Retro-Ireland-Away-Football-Shirt-1990.jpg

They will be more matches like that for sure. I cry watching McFred. Hopefully Fernandes plays next to either one from now on. And Cavani and Sancho must start.

And it genuinely makes me angry watching Rashford!!!

This is why I like Ralph and have optimism things are gonna change. Honest, truthful and no BS and can clearly see what the issues are.

This is why I like Ralph and have optimism things are gonna change. Honest, truthful and no BS and can clearly see what the issues are.

He'll defo change the culture.

If they commit to him long term. Being a placeholder until May gives him little scope with the ****** he has to work with.

Utd would be a multi-year and more rebuild, both in personal and attitude, to get to anything like challenging. That's what he does. Builds properly. But you have to do it right. Which they haven't.

I’m happy that he’s gonna be here one way or the other and have a major say going forward for a few years. The thing I can’t wrap my head around is the fan discontent with him already.

My mate was at the game last night and fans already saying he needs to go while throwing in the odd bit of abuse and labelling him worse than previous managers/coaches.

I actually think we have the most self entitled, impatient, embarrassing fans out there atm. And that’s saying something with those clowns over at AFTV about.

The grievance should be at the club/ owners for the shambolic way this has come around with absolutely no succession plan to Solksjaer. And then a cobbled together way to bring in an interim. Right man at totally the wrong club/ way they've gone around it for me but time will play out on that.

Attacking the new manager is just idiotic. Telling yer, Klopp or Guadiola would get no better than top 4 with this squad. And they certainly wouldn't be turning things around to any great degree, with no pre-season to work them, and not least with all the COVID/ Christmas madness, within a fw games of taking over.

He's a completely no-win situation where top 6 would be a stabilising achievement.

The grievance should be at the club/ owners for the shambolic way this has come around with absolutely no succession plan to Solksjaer. And then a cobbled together way to bring in an interim. Right man at totally the wrong club/ way they've gone around it for me but time will play out on that.

Attacking the new manager is just idiotic. Telling yer, Klopp or Guadiola would get no better than top 4 with this squad. And they certainly wouldn't be turning things around to any great degree, with no pre-season to work them, and not least with all the COVID/ Christmas madness, within a fw games of taking over.

He's a completely no-win situation where top 6 would be a stabilising achievement.
I think people were expecting an Solskjaer-esque purple patch.

With as much importance as the Cup is taking on for Utd, be prepared for a real borefest against Villa BTW that could well go straight to penalty's. Gerrard's brand of football is Mourinho/ Benitez light. The same pragmatism. Just not quite as dour. But F terrible to watch all the same. And if Utd are as bad as they were last night .....

Rangers are already a far more attractive watch again under Gio.

So Rangnick's focus was bring balance to the side that had been leaking goals like no one's business. There's only so much balance you can bring with a side that's horribly unbalanced as the current United side. To think Solskjaer pushed for Maguire and AWB despite some skepticism from the club hierarchy is a damning indictment. City wisely refused to shell out that money on Maguire but we did so foolishly. And then there's AWB, who was Solskjaer first choice, despite our scouting department identifying some better, cheaper targets.

Managers shouldn't have such a significant say over transfers given managerial job security these days.

This is where I'm hopeful that Ralf comes in and complete revamps that archaic setup into a more monolithic one where everyone upstairs is working towards a common goal/philosophy. He's a visionary and hope he's given a lot of power with this consultancy role (the reach is yet to be known)

Another absolute mess at this club for a long time. Contract issued to hugely underachieving players! Another **** show Ragnick is gonna have to sort out……

Laurie Whitwell

@lauriewhitwell

Manchester United reject loan bid from Sevilla for Anthony Martial. Offer only to cover half his wages. #MUFC want salary in full plus fee, happy to keep him if terms aren’t met. @TheAthleticUK

Back