The Manchester United Thread

I'm finding the Rangnick situation a proper weird one as I really like him and his ideas on how football/ running a football club, should be. Really engaging, fascinating bloke to listen to.

I'd love him to be in this league for a long time as he only improves the level of the PL IMHO.

But if he is, he'll have had success at Utd.

It's complex! 😕

And I'd prefer this too. He's of much better help to us upstairs than the managerial side.
I’m happy he’s here as an interim first. To get a good look at this joke of an imbalanced squad and what sort of characters we have in it. Hopefully that will prove invaluable going forward for transfers, the new manager

Looks like it’s gonna be a mass clear out under Ragnick.

Mata, Matic, Lingard, Pogba, Martial, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Jones, Henderson, Cavani, Periera all expected to go between now and the summer. Bout time tbh and about time we had a football man making the decisions.

This is the only one that concerns me. May I suggest if we sell him that we do the smart thing and include a buy back clause. I can't help but feel we'd be making the same mistake Arsenal did with Martinez.

Also, it's "Rangnick" mate
Yep the only one I’m bothered about out of that lot tbh. Yeah I would sell him in the summer with a buy back option or at least a first refusal option. That’s if he would agree to having such a clause having been messed about. Problems problems everywhere at first team level.

Vitek and Kovar especially look excellent GK prospects. Vitek is to young for now. But Kovar has already had a loan to the lower leagues and did well. And could time it just right age wise for when DDG leaves.

I think most fans would be happy to see most of those players go, Henderson excepted naturally. Mind you he's had Jones on the bench for at least 4 games now without using him, it maybe time to at least give him a few mins on the pitch before getting rid if only to prove to other clubs that he is alive and can still kick a ball. He may even prove to be better than Maguire (not that it would be difficult) at least by begging to play for the U23's he is showing that he cares which is more than what the likes of Bailly and Martial have done.

Yep the only one I’m bothered about out of that lot tbh. Yeah I would sell him in the summer with a buy back option or at least a first refusal option. That’s if he would agree to having such a clause having been messed about. Problems problems everywhere at first team level.

Vitek and Kovar especially look excellent GK prospects. Vitek is to young for now. But Kovar has already had a loan to the lower leagues and did well. And could time it just right age wise for when DDG leaves.
United are sending scouts all over the Europe for a next goalkeeper. The club do not rate Henderson and you never know with the young GKs like Kovar or Vitek.

Can you like stop playing teams I want you to beat?

This is getting most annoying.

Like last time out against the Saudi rats, another defeat to send the inbred mongs from Burnley another step toward disappearing back to the lower leagues, never to be seen again, would be most welcome.

Please don't F this one up too. Thanks in advance.

Going for a 1-1 in this one.
Ronaldo and Rodriguez.

Some rotation I see...I think Rangnick dropped Fred to make a statement (considering he was hooked after 45 mins).

All those sideway passes really ****** him off

Maguire was an absolute rock at the back and by rock, I mean very static with very little awareness.

Obviously an improvement on the Newcastle game (honestly, we could only go up from there), I'd say I enjoyed the 2nd half more because of the control we had on the game then. Tubby shaw's performance wasn't much of a surprise given he's fighting for his place (and I've always said Tubby shaw fighting for his spot is a different player). He should've had an assist as well.

I also don't think Bruno fits this 4-2-2-2 formation. For once, we looked a bit more dynamic upfront which is due to the dynamism both Greenwood and Sancho offer. I also think Rangnick tweaked the system a bit by asking both to stay wide initially and wait for diagonals with the freedom to drift in when gaps appear.

All in all, some improvements here and there.

Paul Mitchell is followed closely by #mufc and it has been going on for several weeks.
Rangnick appreciates the AS Monaco Sporting Director and he has strong links with him. It's unlikely of him to go to Newcastle now United are interested #mujournal [Santi_J_FM]

Paul Mitchell is followed closely by #mufc and it has been going on for several weeks.
Rangnick appreciates the AS Monaco Sporting Director and he has strong links with him. It's unlikely of him to go to Newcastle now United are interested #mujournal [Santi_J_FM]
The links to Paul Mitchell makes me think the club are going all out for Poch

The links to Paul Mitchell makes me think the club are going all out for Poch
Yeah same. We tried to get him before. And he’s also got good relationships with Rangnick and Murtaugh. And he’s worked with Poch loads. Him with Ralf, Murtaugh, Fletcher and Poch would see a complete overhaul with actual top quality football men handling the football side of things.

Yeah same. We tried to get him before. And he’s also got good relationships with Rangnick and Murtaugh. And he’s worked with Poch loads. Him with Ralf, Murtaugh, Fletcher and Poch would see a complete overhaul with actual top quality football men handling the football side of things.

Bar Pochetino you mean mate?

Who you've consistently destroyed in this thread.

Can you like stop playing teams I want you to beat?

This is getting most annoying.

Like last time out against the Saudi rats, another defeat to send the inbred mongs from Burnley another step toward disappearing back to the lower leagues, never to be seen again, would be most welcome.

Please don't F this one up too. Thanks in advance.

Well done and thank you.

It wasn't pretty, but Burnley taking another step toward relegation is another great step for everyone.

Back