The Manchester United Thread

Very interesting the Akanji links last night and this morning from most German outlets retweeted by Ornstein and Whitwall.

Saying that we are seriously interested in him and been told he will be available for 30m euros. As he will refuse to sign a new contract heading into his final year. And Ragnick is an admirer.

Maybe Maguire replacement/challenger. Will admit not watched much of Dortmund this season. But he was excellent last season and always stood out while I was watching them. I know he had a hip injury and some say his form dipped since. But is getting better lately.

Very interesting the Akanji links last night and this morning from most German outlets retweeted by Ornstein and Whitwall.

Saying that we are seriously interested in him and been told he will be available for 30m euros. As he will refuse to sign a new contract heading into his final year. And Ragnick is an admirer.

Maybe Maguire replacement/challenger. Will admit not watched much of Dortmund this season. But he was excellent last season and always stood out while I was watching them. I know he had a hip injury and some say his form dipped since. But is getting better lately.
Could aim for better imo. He does have some excellent performances here and there but has the Lovren gene where he will drop a clanger randomly. Dortmund aren't really known for their defence.

Akanji is both average and supposedly rejected 9.5m per season. I would stay away from him.

On top of my head CDs who are all better than him and obtainable:

Gianluca Mancini - Perfect age, finally matured into really good defender who's really good on the ball.
Jean Clair Todibo - Similar to Mancini, just younger. Moved from Barca and showing his strengths at Nice. Helps that he's rapid as well.

Literally the same story as the Boro game:
1. Refusal to capitalize on chances created ✅
2. Opponents scoring from their first shot on target ✅
3. Strange VAR decision that goes against us ✅

I never saw last night as I was the Ev capitulate in meek style to a not much better Newcastle. But I did Middlesborough.

And all that again last night, as in the Cup game, just speaks to the fragility within this squad. NO leaders what so ever and they crumble at the first sign of adversity like a soggy digestive biscuit.

Rangnick has got one heck of a job on his hands here. Although WTF he's even trying to do with some of these line-ups I just can't figure out? 🤷‍♂️

Could aim for better imo. He does have some excellent performances here and there but has the Lovren gene where he will drop a clanger randomly. Dortmund aren't really known for their defence.

The Bundesliga isn't per se across the board.

I wonder if that's been misleading on Sancho coming from such an all out attacking league? As he's completely fallen off a cliff thus far in the PL.

You should see last few games where Sancho played. He's been outstanding.

Yeah, he's tipped up the last few games. (Although Middlesbrough was half a game. Can't comment on last night.). And I really like him. Said when Utd signed him they'd got one of the best young talents in Europe for me at the time.

But recency aside, we're into February now. It's not like he's an inexperienced kid at the top level. who needs time to adapt. He'd what, over a hundred Bundesliga matches under his belt?

I'm not specifically signalling him out as again, I like him a lot. But I always thought it strange how he was so under-used by England, even given the clown managing them, in the Euro's. And then added to that, his non-existence until recently since his big move to Utd has had me questioning if the attacking nature of the Bundesliga has made me over-value his talent? 🤷‍♂️

It'll be an interesting one to watch going forward.

Rangnick has got one heck of a job on his hands here. Although WTF he's even trying to do with some of these line-ups I just can't figure out? 🤷‍♂️
He’s been tweaking quite a bit from a 4-2-2-2 to a hybrid 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3.l with Sancho and Rashford rotating flanks

wouldn’t say the results have been down to a system per say, just a reeeeelly weak mentality from the lot. Reminds me a lot of spurs during the Villas Boas era: they’d play excellent football and miss chances only to fold at the first sight of trouble.

He’s been tweaking quite a bit from a 4-2-2-2 to a hybrid 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3.l with Sancho and Rashford rotating flanks

wouldn’t say the results have been down to a system per say, just a reeeeelly weak mentality from the lot. Reminds me a lot of spurs during the Villas Boas era: they’d play excellent football and miss chances only to fold at the first sight of trouble.

Or ANY Brendan Rodgers side!

Side note- Just how shocking was his reaction after the game Sunday?

Self preservation at its finest. You do that **** behind closed doors. But not in public. Talking about no fight and not doing the basics ..... and you're their manager so what does that say on you and your P poor prep/ coaching then? Or not reacting and making sure they boxed that during the game?

Fast losing that changing room if he hasn't already. Sounded like a man who knows he's done at Leicester in the summer.

But then Brendan Rodgers never was and never will be a top level manager.

P shouldn't be allowed in from of a mic. Like ever. It's just cringe when he speaks.

Club sources confirm: total agreement between Man United and Flamengo for Andreas Pereira. €10,5m plus 25% sell on clause. Permanent deal. #MUFC Pereira accepted and so he’s leaving Man Utd to stay at Flamengo with long term contract as of today. #Flamengo

Defo a brief out last night every single paper/journo in the uk and abroad saying that it’s a 2 horse race between Poch and ETH. With the players more keen on Poch while Ragnick admires both and has a great relationship with ETH. They say it’s now a 2 man shortlist instead of 5 now.

So who would you choose out the 2?