The Manchester United Thread

There is no rivalry when it comes to always remembering those lives so tragically taken 64 years ago today that ripped apart one of the finest teams ever assembled.

God rest.

Last edited:
FWIW, I’d say there are maybe 5 goalkeepers on a World Class level the World over.

Now, its all subjective, and he may have dipped a bit in recent seasons, but it blows my mind if anyone doesn’t think DDG is one of those elite few still.

Never have got the Henderson hype personally. He’s a good young goalie. But he's as prone to mistakes as any other. And doesn’t have the difference making ability the elite ones have.

Mad how he got higjlighted at Sheffield United making saves in a poor team. Adrian looked a boss shot-stopper at West Ham when he faced a zillion shots at him. But put him in an elite team, where his concentration levels have to be switched on for the full 90, to face maybe 2 or 3 serious attacks a game, and its night and day. He looks what he is. A bench goalie.

Now Henderson is better than that. But starting for Utd regularly is a World away from starting for Sheffield United.

Last edited:
"Rangnick will become Man United's technical director. Erik ten Hag has done well at Bayern Munich II. A German technical director might just end up at Erik ten Hag in his search for a manager, because of his philosophy and his work at Bayern Munich." [via @MikeVerweij]

Rangnick brought in Honigstein due to the volume of media interest in his appointment and the fact he negotiated his move to #mufc without an agent, meaning he has lacked external advice #mulive [@MattHughesDM]

utdreport
@utdreport
Rangnick has recruited German journalist and broadcaster Raphael Honigstein as a personal media adviser until the end of the season. Honigstein has taken a six-month sabbatical from The Athletic to provide advice and briefing notes to Rangnick #mulive [@MattHughesDM]

Currently watching Ighalo score in the CWC and fixing to play Chelsea.

Strange tea-time viewing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

FWIW, I’d say there are maybe 5 goalkeepers on a World Class level the World over.

Now, its all subjective, and he may have dipped a bit in recent seasons, but it blows my mind if anyone doesn’t think DDG is one of those elite few still.

Never have got the Henderson hype personally. He’s a good young goalie. But he's as prone to mistakes as any other. And doesn’t have the difference making ability the elite ones have.

Mad how he got higjlighted at Sheffield United making saves in a poor team. Adrian looked a boss shot-stopper at West Ham when he faced a zillion shots at him. But put him in an elite team, where his concentration levels have to be switched on for the full 90, to face maybe 2 or 3 serious attacks a game, and its night and day. He looks what he is. A bench goalie.

Now Henderson is better than that. But starting for Utd regularly is a World away from starting for Sheffield United.
He should never stayed in Manchester. He was 20-22 i think? when playing for Sheffield, he showed amazing ability and potential to be something but what crazy idea would make him belive to take the gloves from DDG. He needed first team game, should have made huge contract and be loaned out again. Ole man management and seeing hole picture was weak. Never be able to bench or sell easily DDG with those wages. GK needs game time, confidence, support etc they cant be subbed in for last 20-30 minutes like other positions.

He should never stayed in Manchester. He was 20-22 i think? when playing for Sheffield, he showed amazing ability and potential to be something but what crazy idea would make him belive to take the gloves from DDG. He needed first team game, should have made huge contract and be loaned out again. Ole man management and seeing hole picture was weak. Never be able to bench or sell easily DDG with those wages. GK needs game time, confidence, support etc they cant be subbed in for last 20-30 minutes like other positions.
He'd never be a title challenging goalkeeper. He does not excel at anything. Decent all around keeper. He'll find his place at some middle table club ( not named Manchester United).

He'd never be a title challenging goalkeeper. He does not excel at anything. Decent all around keeper. He'll find his place at some middle table club ( not named Manchester United).
Dont like this attitude. Blasting away promising GK for not being title challenger at so young age. Dont recall Alisson, Ederson or Mendy being touted as next big thing that young and having those medals around their necks. Ofcourse two seasons sitting on his **** is not helping Dean cause, now at 24 . He has been missmanaged or maybe own dumb idea not trying to push a move out to play.

What is so bad being all around keeper. Downfall can be much faster if you excel in one thing not good in other, modern game is so evolving.
But what can we do... Should have could have, does not make any different.

I'll agree on one thing, he needs to play. Sell him and insert a buyback clause.

Good fee that. And good riddance!

@FabrizioRomano
Andreas Pereira permanent deal will cost around €10.5m to Flamengo - including a 25% sell on clause, confirmed per @fredcaldeira. Manchester United are ready to accept. 🔴🇧🇷 #MUFC

Deal at final stages, new contacts in the coming hours to prepare paperworks.

That's a good price for a young player who didn't live up to his potential mind you I can't believe it took nearly 10 years for the club to realise that he wasn't good enough (yes he was signed on youth terms in April 2012!!!).

That's a good price for a young player who didn't live up to his potential mind you I can't believe it took nearly 10 years for the club to realise that he wasn't good enough (yes he was signed on youth terms in April 2012!!!).
Talents never been his issue. His attitude has always been the problem same as Januzaj. Thank god he’s gone though!

Highlighting again how recruitment underpins it all and just how monumentally bad Utd's has been.
Not just recruitment but also getting rid of the unwanted, it use to be the case that recruitment would more or less be covered by the sale of younger players or players who had not worked out, for either a decent return in the case of youngsters or in the case of those that didn't work out for a small loss or even a profit. The board clearly are deluded what every player is worth why else would they have demanded huge transfer fees (which they never got or were even likely to receive) whilst trying to offer pathetic amounts for players and then when the seller won't play ball stumping up the stupid fees because they were desperate Maguire, Wan Bissaka, and Sanchez to name but 3. The rumoured demand for a £10m bonus for Lingard's loan is a case in point.

Is right Utd. 👏🏻👏🏻

And not that its a surprise, but he’s well and truly done.

1644330051736.jpeg

F massive I think is the correct term. Fair ***** to him. It's what's needed with them all.

Interested to read later what Ragnick has got out of them tonight against the anti-football relic and his last century Burnley groks.

I'm going to watch the Ev hopefully beat the despicable Saudi *****.

And now I need to lie down as it just feels wrong wanting the Blues to win but some things are FAR bigger than the rivalry.

Enjoy.

That's a great looking playing surface.
Hopefully we will see some nice football.