The Manchester United Thread

Why did we ever drop Lindelof anyways? I remember for a brief period, we had Varane-Lindelof starting. I dunno if lindelof ever put in a bad enough shift to allow a center half with the agility of a crankshaft w/o engine oil get back into the side

Is just me or LVG, Mourinho, Ole and Ragnick all aged a decade within couple of months after taking the job. Something's rotten at the club and it's not the managers.

Is just me or LVG, Mourinho, Ole and Ragnick all aged a decade within couple of months after taking the job. Something's rotten at the club and it's not the managers.
There might be a bit of light coming if Ed is now out of the picture. But definetly there are structures and people in place that peopel dont know, but they are affecting or pulling strings.

Why did we ever drop Lindelof anyways? I remember for a brief period, we had Varane-Lindelof starting. I dunno if lindelof ever put in a bad enough shift to allow a center half with the agility of a crankshaft w/o engine oil get back into the side
Lindelof got injured/ill and the rest speaks for itself, Jones would be a better partner for Varane than Maguire to be honest even with his injury risk.

Moyes didn't exactly stay youthful (or not as youthful looking he didn't have much looks to begin with) either.

You know…a certain German should probably take up this role as opposed to taking up some vague role where he may or may not impact footballing decisions
Looks like we are going the German route structure wise. Most probably after recommendations/talks with Ragnick. I’m happy with this news. Let’s see who it is but I’m very encouraged that Arnold wants nothing to do with the football side of the club.

#mufc U19’s will play Borussia Dortmund at home in the next round of the UEFA Youth League.

Winners will play Atletico or Real Madrid

You know…a certain German should probably take up this role as opposed to taking up some vague role where he may or may not impact footballing decisions

Hey now. Let's not be too hasty on this ingenious structure idea .....

Giving him a call and asking his 'advice' is the way forward for a modern, consultancy based ideal.

I understand peoples scepticism but I don’t get the sarcy comments from fans who have wanted a change since Fergie retired. Now it’s looks to be happening yes slowly and after long enough! All people wanna do is complain and comment 🤷🏻‍♂️ Tbh the club has made some very good decisions the last 12-18 months in regards to appointments and spending money on the club. Long over due yes but can’t complain tbh.

Tbh the club has made some very good decisions the last 12-18 months in regards to appointments and spending money on the club.
Almost as hilarious as watching Maguire defend.

Only good decision (structural wise. Not counting minor stadium upgrades) was Ed Woodward leaving (and that was more of a PR move due to the super league debacle).

Almost as hilarious as watching Maguire defend.

Only good decision (structural wise. Not counting minor stadium upgrades) was Ed Woodward leaving (and that was more of a PR move due to the super league debacle).
It was reported he was due to leave despite that reported by Ducker and Ornstein it was just the time that was up in the air and the decision was mid season instead of seasons end.

Murtaugh as DOF was another good decision after the work he had done at other clubs at various roles and the way he’s overseen our entire academy restructure and womens teams birth.

The set piece coach appointment was another good move. Since he and Ralf have started to work together we haven’t conceded from a set piece in at least 11 matches. Far cry from when Ole was here and we was conceding from nearly everyone.

Rangnick was another good appointment. Yes results have been disappointing but despite them I can see improvements on the pitch but it’s gonna be slow as to what he was thrown into and the timing. But also for the long term his appointment.

You call them minor upgrades. We have totally modernised OT from lighting, turnstiles, pitch lighting, food service areas made changes to access in and out of the parking at OT which was a nightmare.

Not to mention the completely redone disabled area, 2 quadrants adjusted for the singing sections. And the safe standing area. Hundreds of thousands spent on Sports Leigh stadium for the womens team. And Carrington going through a massive overhaul currently for all levels at the club. And we have just hired a huge contracting company to start drawing up plans for OT to be made bigger and to start work on a stadium for the academy.

Yes looking solely at the first team things look poor atm results wise but as a whole there’s a lot of good going on. From the the academies doing well on the male side. The womens team is doing better than ever. And the ladies academy is sweeping leagues up at all age groups.

For once in a very long time I see a lot to be optimistic about.

Some people would choose being right at every cost instead of being happy.

Ralf Rangnick on Harry Maguire: "In last 2 games had some weaker moments. But he is our captain + I see no reason to change that. The way we are playing now is new to him. In England the team is used to a back 3. @ManUtd is a back 4 but not on the front foot trying to defend like how I want, and without 2 defensive minded central midfielders like in the past."

Ralf Rangnick will be hugely involved in the decision of appointing the permanent manager. He would like him to continue himself, but will make the best decision for the club going forward. Rangnick and the board will decide before the end of the season.

#MUFC @FabrizioRomano