The Manchester United Thread

The likes of this proper gobshite needs to keep his grid shut on all things Utd too and stop embarrassing yers Nationally.

View attachment 585797

Listen, Man United might not thank me but get the contract out, put it on the table. Let him sign it. Let him write whatever numbers he wants on there, given what he's done since he's come in.
Ole's at the wheel, man. He's doing it. He's doing his thing. Man United are BACK.

I want us to finish 8th. No optimism at all for the end of this season! Going forward for sure IF these football people and the new manager are allowed to do what needs to be done.

Doesn't 8th get you the Conference League place?

Yers can **** right off winning a trophy we'll never be in like the cup winners cup!

Finish 9th! 🤬

Doesn't 8th get you the Conference League place?

Yers can **** right off winning a trophy we'll never be in like the cup winners cup!

Finish 9th! 🤬
I don’t want to be in the Europa or CL. And these players sure as **** don’t deserve to be in it. The new man will need as much time training these clowns as possible next season

Robin van Persie is being lined up as a potential coaching assistant to Erik ten Hag at #mufc. Steve McClaren is expected to be Ten Hag's no.2 at United. His trusted coach Mitchell van der Gaag will also be joint him along with one more unarmed coach from FC Bayern #mulive [@draper_rob]

Robin van Persie is being lined up as a potential coaching assistant to Erik ten Hag at #mufc. Steve McClaren is expected to be Ten Hag's no.2 at United. His trusted coach Mitchell van der Gaag will also be joint him along with one more unarmed coach from FC Bayern #mulive [@draper_rob]
Unarmed!!!! That's a shame :ROFLMAO:

@David_Ornstein: "Erik ten Hag is the preferred candidate for #mufc, but a deal is not done yet - he has a number of demands he wants satisfied around control, style of play, recruitment, budgets, being able to get rid of big players and bring in players of his choice."

@David_Ornstein: "My understanding from sources around the situation is that #mufc will have the process of a new managerial appointment completed in the next two weeks."

The top tweet is absolutely key!!!

He also mentions RVP, McClaren, Meulesteen and his No2 from Ajax and a coach he worked with at FC Bayern ll coming in as a back room staff overhaul on his podcast. Says he wants trusted people. But also people he knows who know the club he can trust.

Defo not coming to be a yes man or a vibes man that’s for sure!

He also mentions RVP, McClaren, Meulesteen and his No2 from Ajax and a coach he worked with at FC Bayern ll coming in as a back room staff overhaul on his podcast. Says he wants trusted people. But also people he knows who know the club he can trust.

I don’t mind Rene as he’s a brilliant technical coach in his own right but what qualifications are RVP and McClaren getting picked based on? (Especially RVP) If I didn’t know any better, I’d think they’re getting the old Fergie guard back together without any real qualifications. Might as well bring back Carlos Queiroz.

I don’t mind Rene as he’s a brilliant technical coach in his own right but what qualifications are RVP and McClaren getting picked based on? (Especially RVP) If I didn’t know any better, I’d think they’re getting the old Fergie guard back together without any real qualifications. Might as well bring back Carlos Queiroz.
McClaren is not a bad coach he was/is just not very good as a manager. Although he did manage to win the league cup when he was Middlesboro manager (also taking them to the final of the UEFA Cup) and took the unfancied FC Twente to the Evredivise Title (the last club outside the big three of PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord to do so), he worked with ETH at FC Twente (ETH was his assistant) he has the experience. RVP on the other hand is just starting his coaching journey he is currently a coach at Feyenoord and is developing quite a reputation for looking after the younger players. The down side to RVP would be his lack of qualifications which may scupper his chances due to work permit problems. Rene is another who is a good coach but lacking on the managerial side but I would be worried by his lack of top class coaching jobs since leaving Manchester United to be honest other than Fulham and his current job as Australia's assistant manager his other posts have been in footballing backwaters.

If these are the guys ETH wants to bring in to build his back room staff along with the Dutch and German coach he’s worked with before then that’s fine by me. And as Wooly pointed out he’s not bringing in nobodies! McClaren, Rene will be good additions as coaches experienced and been part of successful winning eras. Even Quieroz was a top coach.

United have sent two teams to Frisco, Dallas, Texas to play in this U/15 and U/17 youth tournament.

The U/15 team includes Fitzgerald, Murdock, Armer, Mapengu, Oriola, Kaba, Lacey, Mantato, Abbas, Bailey and others.

The U/17 team includes most of the 16's and a few U/18's including McAllister, Kingdon, Berry, Williams, Myles, Nolan, Jackson, Wheatley, Mainoo and others.

The U/15's started their campaign yesterday with 1-1 draw against Minnesota United with Freedman scoring in the first half. I haven't heard his name before so he might be a triallist. Minnesota equalised late on and then we won 1-3 on pens. We play again tonight UK time versus San Jose Earthquakes.

The U/17's defeated Orlando City 2-0 with goals from Nolan and Mainoo in their first match and play Chicago Fire tomorrow in their second game.

Defo not coming to be a yes man or a vibes man that’s for sure!
But does not like 90% if not more new managers bring some of their own or reshuffle the coaching staff?