The Manchester United Thread

Wtf!!

@TheEuropeanLad
Meanwhile, Frenkie de Jong is very close to joining Erik ten Hag at Manchester United, as per @gerardromero. That’s absolutely INSANE NEWS and in my opinion the most perfect signing they could possible make.

I wouldn’t normally believe these rumors but with the Ten Hag factor and Barca’s hard on for bringing in pensioners, it’s possible

if thats true wtf barca its like thay dont young players at there club

Mate, this is Barcelona. Don’t even attempt to understand them.

They make the Glazers look like perfect owners!

At least Madrid have the European heritage. Barca have next to nothing without Messi.

Complete fraud, joke of a ‘big’ club.

I’ll probably admit, I’m really not as pumped about this *alleged* signing for a couple reasons

1. He doesn’t want to leave Barcelona. The whole situation just reeks of Angel Di Maria 2.0.
2. He’s on £400k a week. With no CL football next season along with his unwillingness to leave Barcelona, I shudder to think of the wages he’ll demand.

I suggest we steer clear of him.

I’ll probably admit, I’m really not as pumped about this *alleged* signing for a couple reasons

1. He doesn’t want to leave Barcelona. The whole situation just reeks of Angel Di Maria 2.0.
2. He’s on £400k a week. With no CL football next season along with his unwillingness to leave Barcelona, I shudder to think of the wages he’ll demand.

He’s on 200k a week after tax. People are crazy about ADM still. And don’t forget he started out on fire for us until being coached by LVG who was said to have not wanted him to be so attacking. And was still out top assist player that season.

Also lots of players say they don’t want to leave it depends on the attitude of said player. Robben and Snjieder never wanted to leave Madrid both were absolutely sensation for Inter and Bayern. Messi didn’t want to leave Barca.

All down to the player How he reacts. Having EtH here will definitely help who he is close with and played his best football under and DVB.

Could end up not happening. Even wages before tax he would still be on par with Pogba. So wouldn’t even come close to destroying our wages structure.

IF happens we would finally have a player that could dictate the tempo of a game that we have not had since Carrick. And he’s even good at progressing up the pitch with the ball beating the press. Watched him absolutely make Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde look like school kids in that 4-0 win at the Bernabeu.

@RobDawsonESPN
Erik ten Hag trying to get a head start with the Man United job. Dutch title clinched last night and today is holding a recruitment meeting with United representatives in Amsterdam. Potential ins and outs being discussed.

He’s on 200k a week after tax. People are crazy about ADM still. And don’t forget he started out on fire for us until being coached by LVG who was said to have not wanted him to be so attacking. And was still out top assist player that season.

Also lots of players say they don’t want to leave it depends on the attitude of said player. Robben and Snjieder never wanted to leave Madrid both were absolutely sensation for Inter and Bayern. Messi didn’t want to leave Barca.
His “on fire” start for united lasted for only 4 games, one of which included that 5-3 farcical loss to Leicester city where he practically jogged all game while LC had the ball.

LVG wanted to mitigate his defensive deficiencies but he threw tantrums. He also spoke about how PSG missed out on him a bit too much which, for me, hinted subtle regret right from the off (it was his first or second interview). He also grossly outperformed his xA as well. His assists were down to botched shots that took lucky bubbles or brilliant individual skill from his teammates. Think Juan Mata’s bicycle kick at anfield. His ball to mata was actually terrible but he improvised brilliantly.

Also, don’t compare that snake to Wesley Sneidjer or Robben; those 2 were model professionals. Also, Messi isn’t a great example mate. Half the time when I watch PSG, he looks depressed.

Could end up not happening. Even wages before tax he would still be on par with Pogba. So wouldn’t even come close to destroying our wages structure.
Pogba is on £290k a week. After taxes, he earns around £190k. We tax wages too mate. You’re naive if you think De Jong wouldn’t ask for a pay bump regardless.

His “on fire” start for united lasted for only 4 games, one of which included that 5-3 farcical loss to Leicester city where he practically jogged all game while LC had the ball.

LVG wanted to mitigate his defensive deficiencies but he threw tantrums. He also spoke about how PSG missed out on him a bit too much which, for me, hinted subtle regret right from the off (it was his first or second interview). He also grossly outperformed his xA as well. His assists were down to botched shots that took lucky bubbles or brilliant individual skill from his teammates. Think Juan Mata’s bicycle kick at anfield. His ball to mata was actually terrible but he improvised brilliantly.

Also, don’t compare that snake to Wesley Sneidjer or Robben; those 2 were model professionals. Also, Messi isn’t a great example mate. Half the time when I watch PSG, he looks depressed.
Lucky botched shots and bobbling and fluke passes. Heard it all now. LVG was also unhappy with him dribbling to much I remember reading. Not saying saying his signing wasn’t a mistake as a lot of ours have been. But not everything was solely down to the player. Or even the manager as he clearly wasn’t his signing. Apart from Di Maria speaking about PSG I can’t think of anything to suggest he’s been nothing but a good professional. Speak to Madrid and PSG fans they all to about his work rate to go with his ability.

Well you've managed to completely ruin the best midfielder out of that Ajax side already so 2nd time lucky?

IF happens we would finally have a player that could dictate the tempo of a game that we have not had since Carrick. And he’s even good at progressing up the pitch with the ball beating the press. Watched him absolutely make Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde look like school kids in that 4-0 win at the Bernabeu.

*Waves.

1652369082073.png