The Manchester United Thread

He was schooled in total football from the Ajax academy. He also played that no. 6 role in his early Ajax days
Yes I know but it’s not where his best work or form has been played. Having them both in the same team would be great with Bruno in front imo. That depends on EtH though.

Doubt there will be more than a 4-5 new players. ETH will have to make do with what he has. It will take multiple transfer windows to fix the mess, unless someone from the youth team step up. Have a stramge feeling we might see Garner in United kit next season.

Its quite obvious now that Donny is a system player. Nothing wrong with that, but just shows how inept United recrutment is.

I think that's more or less across the board outside of the top 2.

Chelsea are a completely unbalanced hodgepodge of a squad put together under 4 or 5 different managers, with ageing players of differing skillsets that need a complete rebuild. Which they won't get given the current restraints so Tommy Tucker is finally gonna' have to stand up and coach his way to staying there through next season.

Tottenham are just a shambolicly built squad that don't have the players for Conte-ball. They need a complete overhaul of that squad.

And I'm not even starting on Arsenal. Although they have at least got a decent crop of youngsters to build something off.

So, not that it's any consolation to you lads, but 4 of the big 6 have recruited and built pretty F terribly and are all in need of major surgery.

DVB had never been a game dictator from deep though. Who will take the ball off the back 4 or even drop in at times.

He has the perfect skill set and showed that plenty at Ajax. You've just never used him as controlling, playmaking 6. And he intercepts well to boot in that role.

I was hoping for 2 fullbacks but I guess we can cheese it alternating between tubby Shaw and the Brazilian Alberto Moreno.

Definitely prioritize the right back slot

Ohhh, now I'm intrigued.

There's a Brazilian version of daft lad out there? Pray tell who this wonder is? 🤣🤣🤣

I think that's more or less across the board outside of the top 2.

Chelsea are a completely unbalanced hodgepodge of a squad put together under 4 or 5 different managers, with ageing players of differing skillsets that need a complete rebuild. Which they won't get given the current restraints so Tommy Tucker is finally gonna' have to stand up and coach his way to staying there through next season.

Tottenham are just a shambolicly built squad that don't have the players for Conte-ball. They need a complete overhaul of that squad.

And I'm not even starting on Arsenal. Although they have at least got a decent crop of youngsters to build something off.

So, not that it's any consolation to you lads, but 4 of the big 6 have recruited and built pretty F terribly and are all in need of major surgery.
City just throws money at the wall until something sticks. Similar to United, but United miss the wall most of the times.

He has the perfect skill set and showed that plenty at Ajax. You've just never used him as controlling, playmaking 6. And he intercepts well to boot in that role.
He's not a playmaker. He's a pass n move type of a player who's amazing at finding space to operate. Creativity isnt his strength.

Ohhh, now I'm intrigued.

There's a Brazilian version of daft lad out there? Pray tell who this wonder is? 🤣🤣🤣

Alex Telles. If you need to know more about him, just rewatch all the goals Lpool scored against United.

Completely disagree on van de Beek's skill set for that role but forget all that ..... Telles is Brazilian? 👀👀

Jesus. All this time I honestly thought he was Portuguese. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Erik ten Hag on joining #mufc: "Despite it being a beautiful club, I would never just start. I wanted to create good working conditions first, so every detail had to be taken care of." [via @Elko_B]

Ten Hag: 'I know United went through a very precise procedure. They'd done scouting, analyses, data, interviews with people who worked with me and the team I want to bring Steve and Mitchell . Then we had and held multiple interviews. They didn't rush into things. And neither did I.' [VI]

Erik ten Hag: "It feels like a challenge to put #mufc back on track of winning. The possibilities are there, also financially. If you get a good feeling about the people who are there, then the picture is right and then the factors are present to take this step." [@VI_nl]

Those EtH quotes are after his meeting today in Amsterdam with Murtaugh talking about transfers ins and outs.

He’s done wonders for this club already. Let’s hope it continues at first team level.

John Murtough assembled last night’s Youth Cup winning team from 8-12 years old and recruited the staff too. Six years ago they were bottom of the league. What an amazing project to see through and gives hope for first team…