The Manchester United Thread

#mufc wanted clarity on Steve McClaren's role - Ten Hag explained he would be used on the grass, helping with selections and player development, rather than at executive level. Ten Hag is set to make further calls on coaches once he's in place. [@lauriewhitwell]

One of Murtough’s earlier trips was done alongside sports science staff to discuss fitness regimens and pre-season plans with Ten Hag - recent meeting was about general strategy. Rashford considered his future under Rangnick, but has full focus now on #mufc. [@lauriewhitwell]

Erik ten Hag will be watching #mufc’s match against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park #mulive [@lauriewhitwell]

The shifting of power at #mufc in the last 12 months and the huge number of departures have left John Murtough in a position of enormous power - he has been a key figure in appointing Ralf Rangnick and then Erik ten Hag and his staff. Also revamping the whole academy and setting up and establishing the women’s team [@Telegraph]

😁😁😁

Erik ten Hag asked if he will now go on holiday: "It’s time to turn the switch to Utd now. It’s something that is needed because there is a lot to take care off and I have the energy for it." #mulive [@ESPNnl, @TheEuropeanLad]

• Are you ready for the sharks (media) in England? Ten Hag: “I don’t see them like that. I don’t see you like that too, nobody. What it’s all about is the dressing room, you need to be able to manage the dressing room. You have to make it function. That’s how you win games. The press isn’t important to me when they talk or write."

Erik ten Hag: "Tomorrow there will be a party with the [Ajax] staff, but I am not going to Curaçao [a Dutch Caribbean island]. I think that's understandable. There is a lot of work to do there [#mufc]. Now is the time to get started." #mulive [@VI_nl]

Erik Ten Hag also has holiday plans: “Time management is also important. It was a rough season, too. We need to charge the battery. But important business to take care of before that.” [@VI_nl]

Erik ten Hag will travel to Manchester tomorrow morning to start work #mulive [@MikeVerweij via @TheEuropeanLad]

Ten Hag has terminated his contract with Ajax six weeks early and will effectively start work at Man Utd tomorrow. He's will be in Manchester tomorrow #MUFC

Confirmed, Erik ten Hag will arrive in Manchester on Monday to begin his new chapter as new Man Utd head coach. #MUFC Mitchell van der Gaar will be part of his coaching staff, work in progress also for Steve McClaren to join them.

Last edited:
Gonna be some squeaky bums this week at Carrington 😁 love to be in the meeting with EtH and Rangnick tomorrow 😬

Erik ten Hag on why he won't be attending Ajax's team party and instead go to Manchester: “Because we Utd and Ajax have agreed that I will be employed by #mufc from May 16. There are still a few things that need to be done in preparation for the season” #mujournal [@MikeVerweij]

Just reading the article with EtH latest quotes in from an hour ago on De Telegraph. He’s going to come in and meet with Murtaugh, Fletcher, Rangnick the first couple of days to discuss and finalise transfers ins and outs inc players currently out on loan. Finalise his demands for the rest of his coaching staff. Then have his one to one with Rangnick about his time here and what he’s seen of the players.

Then he’s going to be overseeing some training sessions and conducting face to face talks with each player before having 2 weeks holiday. In which he wants his staff all tied down by then. And a big load of work gone into getting his squad in shape for his return. Also is getting players back early from there holidays by 2 weeks.

He has to start early. Lets not forget that Qatar is this year. Season will start earlier also one or two weeks, dont remember.

Erik ten Hag on Man Utd: “The detailed tactical analysis still has to begin, I still have to work with the team, but let me be clear that at United there are a lot of good players around. We have to make them function as a team.’