The Manchester United Thread

Not surprising. Super player but never fit. Terrible loan tbh.

EXCL: Signe Bruun will not be returning to Manchester United this summer after her loan spell last season. However, the striker could still sign for another top WSL club...

@TelegraphDucker
Ralf Rangnick’s planned two-year consultancy role with Manchester United has been scrapped. Both parties felt it was in their best interests. Rangnick will now focus time fully on new role as Austria head coach #MUFC

@lauriewhitwell
Before departing, Ralf Rangnick held lengthy discussion with Erik ten Hag last week about the squad. And held detailed talks with John Murtaugh on how to take the club forward. #MUFC @TheAthleticUK

O5vj6wE.gif

Conte was for the taking the first couple of months, instead they basically gave up on the season to get Ragnick as consultant who will rebuild the club, only for him to leave so fast he probably couldn't yet find a toilet at Old Trafford without asking the staff for directions.

I mean, I was already disillusioned by the whole ordeal when he took up the Austrian NT job. I expressed my skepticism since then but you lot made it sound like you can balance out managing a NT AND “consulting” at united as well when the truth is we needed his undivided commitment

Most managers will not want a "consultant" who will poke his nose where it don't belong, not if it can't be avoided. So I doubt Austra job was the reason. For that kind of set up to work it's gotta be set it in stone within the club structure so there's no doubts about the pecking order.

Sounds like EtH was the deciding factor in Rangnick leaving. With EtH wanting to make his own choices in rebuilding the squad.

Most managers will not want a "consultant" who will poke his nose where it don't belong, not if it can't be avoided. So I doubt Austra job was the reason. For that kind of set up to work it's gotta be set it in stone within the club structure so there's no doubts about the pecking order.
Yeah Whitwall and Ducker saying him being Austrian NT manager had no part in him leaving.

Also, when I listened to ETH, didn’t sound like he even fancied Rangnick. I felt something was a miss when he deflected a reporter’s question on the capacity of Rangnick’s role with “it’s on the club”.

Veto system for transfers will remain in place under Erik ten Hag, who will report to John Murtough - he championed Ten Hag's appointment and is in charge of the football operation. Murtough is based at Carrington and not London like Ed Woodward was, which helps the club run more efficiently. [@hirstclass]

Unlike Ed Woodward, Richard Arnold is more hands off when it comes to the football side of operations, and is based at Old Trafford. [@hirstclass]

Marcel Bout and Jim Lawlor left #mufc in order to streamline the scouting operation, which is led by Steve Brown now - he reports to John Murtough and makes informed decisions on targets in consultation with the recruitment department and the manager. Further changes to recruitment and scouting will still happen [@hirstclass]

Last edited: