The Manchester United Thread

Academy staff revamp.

Rich Fay

@RichFay

·
Jun 16, 2022
Mark Dempsey will take charge of United U23s matches next season as part of new academy coaching structure. Travis Binnion promoted to head of player development, and keeps role as U18s boss. Justin Cochrane leaving for role at Brentford PL club #mufc

Rich Fay

@RichFay

Paul McShane has been promoted to a player development phase coach. Colin Little and Kevin Wolfe remain at club but United academy hope to appoint new GK coach, phase coach and playing coach before start of new season

Decisions on new signings at #mufc will be made between football director John Murtough, head of scouting Steve Brown and manager Erik ten Hag, with each able to use a veto. [@RobDawsonESPN]

Sources have told there are now clearer reporting lines between scouts, head of scouting Steve Brown and John Murtough, which has led to the entire process being streamlined. [@RobDawsonESPN]

Wtf lol!

Paul, Manc Bald and Bred

@MufcWonItAll

Went to protest at Richard Arnold's house and he turned up at the pub we were gathering at instead .

@Callum7McFadden
Richard Arnold heard that a group of fans had gathered in a pub near his house. He decided to meet them, buy them a drink and speak to them about what the club is doing to deliver success on the pitch as well as discussing his hopes for infrastructure upgrades too. Fair play.

Bang out of order secretly recording him imo after he’s had the respect and balls to come and confront the people that were going to protest outside his house. God knows why either!

Least he sounds like he gives a **** and you can tell he is a fan and wants what’s best for the club and hated last seasons debacle.

Richard Arnold said that John Murtough is working from 6 in the morning until 10 at night trying to get the Frenkie de Jong deal done. There's £200m for transfers and that he wouldn't let any other targets slip. @SmnLlyd5

Paul, Manc Bald and Bred
@MufcWonItAll

Fans: "Who the f*ck give the likes of Phil Jones a new 4 year deal at the club" Arnold: "That person isn't at the club anymore, I can't change the past and what's been done but only tell you things will change."

1655620161699.jpeg

Fernandes deal was done and agreed on before Arnold took over and talks started halfway through last season.

I may be wrong but everything I’ve read points to him being a major part of it and the one who signed off on it. Made even worse by the fact you never had a permy manager in place when he did.

And Darwin Nunez seemingly being offered extravagant wages suggests little has changes in Utd’s MO.

I may be wrong but everything I’ve read points to him being a major part of it and the one who signed off on it. Made even worse by the fact you never had a permy manager in place when he did.

And Darwin Nunez seemingly being offered extravagant wages suggests little has changes in Utd’s MO.
He signed off the deal that had already been agreed. It would of been Shiite and made things worse if he tried telling Fernandes your not having agreed wages now but we still want you to sign a new deal. I agree it was a stupid contract in the first place though!

Id be surprised we have offered crazy wages considering we didn’t even value him as high as what Liverpool have paid for him. Will see I guess when we start signed some players if things have changed on wages offered.

We’ll never know, but I find it hard to believe Utd wouldn’t have paid whatever Benfica wanted if they’d of had any indication from the player he was interested.

Which was all smacks to me of yet another big name chase for a position that isn’t as high on the many others that need addressing,