The Manchester United Thread

Last hope of salvation 🤣🤣🤣

There’s another one?

Do tell. As all they continue to show is the same old same old. No good complaining about Ronaldo’s actions now when the ‘new regime’ has done F all about him the last 6 months to the cost of Europa League football.

BTW, did I miss the de Jong signing.at the weekend? SureI read all last week it was getting boxed Sat’day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

There’s another one?

Do tell. As all they continue to show is the same old same old. No good complaining about Ronaldo’s actions now when the ‘new regime’ has done F all about him the last 6 months to the cost of Europa League football.

BTW, did I miss the de Jong signing.at the weekend? SureI read all last week it was getting boxed Sat’day. 🤷🏼‍♂️
We don’t know if there will be another one. It’s really daft people bleating about the same old same old how about let’s see how the new lot get on.

As for FDJ I don’t give 2 hoots when he signs. He was never gonna sign this weekend as he’s still on holiday and just got engaged. Shock horror Utd slow at transfers. That’s been the same since Fergie and Gill

Hasn’t been a good start I’m afraid. He’s been given a run around by Laporta for 5 weeks to sign a player they want off the books
Could say the opposite also. He’s let a lot of high earners go on big wages that have been important players. When Woodward would have offered them all new contracts to protect value. Also he’s looking like to get all ETH first choice targets atm at good deals also. Hopefully good wages to.

FDJ was never gonna be an easy deal City took nearly 5/6 months of negotiating the Haaland deal. Arsenal about as long to to sign Jesus as we have been in talks with FDJ. Chelsea can’t get Sterling over the line. So transfers take time. And we have always been slow like forever.

Hasn’t been a good start I’m afraid. He’s been given a run around by Laporta for 5 weeks to sign a player they want off the books

On top of the Fernandes extension and abysmally handled Rangnick situation et al.

And then there’s Arnold making a laughing stock of everyone down the local boozer,

But at least it’s not Big Ed and all that.

I mean, nobody was ever getting Darwin once he knew we wanted him. He made that openly clear. The same way he said months back he only wanted CL football which ruled Utd out regardless.

But if Whitwell is correct there, the fact that 'football men' were even thinking of going into another season with a 37-year-old as the striking focal point, under a new manager who likes to press, is beyond asinine.

And should be incredibly worrying regardless of Ronaldo now trying to give them an out on that stupidity.

Dont act suprised. Ronaldo is Mr CL himself and he was never gonna be playing Thursday night football to statpad. Naive to think Ronaldo gives a toss about utd as he has always been about himself. Ronaldo will always look out for Ronaldo.

I mean, nobody was ever getting Darwin once he knew we wanted him. He made that openly clear. The same way he said months back he only wanted CL football which ruled Utd out regardless.

But if Whitwell is correct there, the fact that 'football men' were even thinking of going into another season with a 37-year-old as the striking focal point, under a new manager who likes to press, is beyond asinine.

And should be incredibly worrying regardless of Ronaldo now trying to give them an out on that stupidity.

TBF, we have multiple areas I’d consider higher priority: 2 mids, a new RB and 2 center halves (I could do with 1). Addressing all these, the budget probably can’t stretch far enough to accommodate a new CF signing. In fact, I’d say signing a left footed RW is probably a bigger priority than a CF.

Dont act suprised. Ronaldo is Mr CL himself and he was never gonna be playing Thursday night football to statpad. Naive to think Ronaldo gives a toss about utd as he has always been about himself. Ronaldo will always look out for Ronaldo.
Some of us are old enough to remember when he mentioned he felt like a slave back in 08 and how he downed tools for half the 08/09 season.