The Manchester United Thread

Yes coz he’s going to say otherwise. It’s like all the Spanish press claiming the same. But then say another time that FDJ has had positive words about joining Utd after talks in person with ETH. The truth is no one knows what he wants apart from himself.
Then why hasn’t he joined yet? We reportedly met Barcelona’s asking price but his agent, from what I hear, has yet to even negotiate with us.

Then why hasn’t he joined yet? We reportedly met Barcelona’s asking price but his agent, from what I hear, has yet to even negotiate with us.
Because of add ins structure and the fact of the whole mess with his owed wages. We literally haven’t done anything wrong in this deal (apart from dealing with Barca) The club decide to Pursue ETH No1 target. We agreed a flat fee with Barca. Ten Hag spoke with De Jong to see if he was interested. And we are in talks regards the add on structure. The mess with the wages and his bonuses owed to him and his agent for taking a pay cut during covid is what’s holding the deal up more than likely. Barca are the c.unts here!

Well I’d love to be surprised by a surprise midfield signing (preferably 2) but I do feel if we had an alternative, it would be somewhat public knowledge already (you’re also forcing Laporta’s hand considering the fee we are willing to pay would be their only significant influx of outside cash this summer).

Also Fabian Ruiz has one year left on his contract. We’d probably get him on the cheap
You won't get a surprise midfielder that is backup if FdJ deal fails because the deal is still on. You don't sign a like for a like player unless the deal can't be made, and United clearly feel its just matter of time.

Club wouldn't pursue someone this hard if they didn't have positive feedback from agent/player. Issue is money Barcelona still owns FdJ and he does not want to throw 19m into the wind. So next best thing for Barca is to find someone to pay 19m extra for FdJ. Good luck with that.

Club wouldn't pursue someone this hard if they didn't have positive feedback from agent/player. Issue is money Barcelona still owns FdJ and he does not want to throw 19m into the wind. So next best thing for Barca is to find someone to pay 19m extra for FdJ. Good luck with that.

So we’ve allegedly had positive talks with him yet can’t find an actual agreement. With Barcelona signing every 34 year old out there on huge wages, they’re unlikely to pay him that amount they owe. Seems asinine to me that we have no contingency plan on this.

We’re enough of a shítshow already. No need to involve ourselves in Barcelona’s own shítstorm too (one of the few clubs that are worse run than ours)

i just wish we would move on there not going to give him the 17m thay owe him plus he does not want to come here just move on get some 1 that may like to be here its a joke

@Legend Incredible

As if that carnage wasn’t mad enough, Eriksen has been a free agent for going on 11 days now.

Yet Woodwards handpicked successor, the failed Blue, and Arnold, can’t box something as straightforward as that without dragging it out. So its no wonder they struggle when an actual other club is involved!

‘Old’ Utd Woodward and Judge have morphed into ‘new’ Utd Murtogh and Arnold by every indication to date.

Feel for yer mate. Fully expecting the midfield that plays against us Tuesday to be your midfield that opens the season. (Sans maybe the Dane if they actually get that done within the next 4 weeks.). Which is beyond criminal.

So we’ve allegedly had positive talks with him yet can’t find an actual agreement. With Barcelona signing every 34 year old out there on huge wages, they’re unlikely to pay him that amount they owe. Seems asinine to me that we have no contingency plan on this.

We’re enough of a shítshow already. No need to involve ourselves in Barcelona’s own shítstorm too (one of the few clubs that are worse run than ours)
As before, the main issue are Barcelona. They will either pay the money they own now and get a nice transfer fee so they can continue to float above the water, or they will pay de Jong next season and wont get a nice transfer fee for him and unless they sell other players/club assets they wont even afloat.
As long as there's positive feedback from FdJ, United wont move from this. And we'll see of they've learned their lession by not putting all the eggs in the same basket of they don't have any other traget for midfield position.
But there's no reason to panic/be pesimistic just yet. Do yourself a favor and stay of transfer media for a couple of days. Maybe a week, you should feel better about 'shitshow' that you inducted on yourself.

@Legend Incredible

As if that carnage wasn’t mad enough, Eriksen has been a free agent for going on 11 days now.

Yet Woodwards handpicked successor, the failed Blue, and Arnold, can’t box something as straightforward as that without dragging it out. So its no wonder they struggle when an actual other club is involved!

‘Old’ Utd Woodward and Judge have morphed into ‘new’ Utd Murtogh and Arnold by every indication to date.

Feel for yer mate. Fully expecting the midfield that plays against us Tuesday to be your midfield that opens the season. (Sans maybe the Dane if they actually get that done within the next 4 weeks.). Which is beyond criminal.
I had enough of this. If you continue to shitstir you'll be gone.

How is pointing out facts on the situation remotely ‘shitstirring?’ 🤷🏼‍♂️

I can’t change your window/ ineptness of those running it, from what it actually is to date. Its not like anything is being made up here. Or I’m saying anything many Utd fans currently aren’t. Including the same feeling from some on here.

Your anger is misplaced if discussing that ****** you off mate.

Last edited:
Looks like Utd have come out and set the record straight after b.ollcks reports about the player not being interested and Barcas spin.

The same old same old talk is a bit baffling tbh considering how many high ups have left from key departments which a lot haven’t been replaced with properly yet. And yet people expect instant impact and instant changes after such a short time. Seems no one has any patience anymore after the Woodward and Judge era.

Good morning folks. Match day is here, FDJ nearly there, Ajax agree to negotiate for Martinez, Ronaldo circus coming to an end (for now) and Eriksen could be announced today 😁