The Manchester United Thread

Sore the best and worst of Fred today also. Bailly impressed but will likely hear he’s out for 6 weeks now🤣 Sancho and Rashford looked dangerous. And if Martial could play like that week in week out he would be the top class forward we all expected him to be. McTominey frustrating when in possession hiding behind players🤦🏻‍♂️ Malacia looked decent on his first outing. Composed front foot proactive defender and looks strong as an ox. The front 3 in the second half showed potential but still look a bit to raw atm. Don’t like Donny at 10 either. Dalot looked more balanced in his game I thought.
Man, don't take it too seriously. We haven't seen anything yet. Most players haven't even woke up yet. But it does give United fans bragging rights, at least for a bit.

Man, don't take it too seriously. We haven't seen anything yet. Most players haven't even woke up yet. But it does give United fans bragging rights, at least for a bit.
Nothing seriously just observations from a one of match point of view. It is what it is. But let’s be honest these things are not new. These are points carrying on from past seasons.

Liked what I saw in runs and raw physicality he looked immense. Less so when the ball was fizzed into him or a one-two quick interchange. God, I hope Klopp and the coaches can work their magic with him because I'm sure he will score plenty just like Jota did but not at the cost of every move breaking down because of the link-up play or a fudging up a simple 5-yard pass ala Jota. Its pre season though so at the end of the day nothing really matters. I mean I remember Voronin outscoring Torres and we know how the story goes.

Liked what I saw in runs and raw physicality he looked immense. Less so when the ball was fizzed into him or a one-two quick interchange. God, I hope Klopp and the coaches can work their magic with him because I'm sure he will score plenty just like Jota did but not at the cost of every move breaking down because of the link-up play or a fudging up a simple 5-yard pass ala Jota. Its pre season though so at the end of the day nothing really matters. I mean I remember Voronin outscoring Torres and we know how the story goes.
For sure, just poking some fun.

Love ETH interview! Lots of potential and encouraging. But I sore a lot of mistakes and don’t get carry away and lots and lots of work.

Real shot fired to stop taking the **** and give me players NOW for the tour before I end up stating the season with McTominey and Fred!

Best time to do that after a win.

Yeah you can see they have no place in an ETH starting 11. Squad players at best.

I was looking at the shots of him as I watched the game last night and he’s looking over at Klopp changing all 10 outfield players every half hour like ‘’Sake! I can coach and improve them to a certain degree but I can’t do F all when we have no real midfield or forward numbers outside of what starts!’

Frustrating.

Last edited:
“I thought our team played brave, played proactive and we had to play really hard to get out of the mistakes, but we are happy with the first game.
“I know we have good players,” he added. “We have started the first game and I am happy.”

Great!! Now proactive is going to be the buzz word of the season :rolleyes:

ETH seen enough 🤣

#mufc have decided to fly 19-year-old Will Fish out to Melbourne for the second leg of the tour as cover in the position so Telles does not have to play as a makeshift centre-half again. [@TelegraphDucker]

Maguire now fit also per Ducker.

€55m total deal for Martinez sounds a pretty good deal to me. Hopefully both him and Eriksen can be on the plane tomorrow to join up with the squad.

And from ETH presser early this morning sounds like DVB will be rotating with Bruno. And Eriksen is being signed to play deeper like at Brentford as an 8.

€55m total deal for Martinez sounds a pretty good deal to me. .....

Really over priced down to the bungling two-some leaving it this late in the window would be more on point.

Good if it gets done for ten Hag. But that doesn't detract from the calamity getting to this point.

You really can't spin it any other way than what it is.

Really over priced down to the bungling two-some leaving it this late in the window would be more on point.

Good if it gets done for ten Hag. But that doesn't detract from the calamity getting to this point.

You really can't spin it any other way than what it is.
Not really overpriced now is it considering Arsenal have been after him for a while and the fee has been pretty much the same demand from them baring 5/10 m euros depending on the source.

He was never gonna be cheap after Ajax have lost a lot of there squad and have no need to sell.

55m euros for a top rated left footed international CB that fits a the managers style like a glove doesn’t seem that overpriced. Considering the fee a lot of players of lesser quality have it are going to go for.

Looks like from Ornstien latest tweet we have had to bump up the first initial payment 10m euros to help them sort out the deferred wages side

And there's a reason Arsenal and United are the only clubs in for him. The state of those two clubs are his current level. And at that he's effectively the Timber alternative after he walked away.

So for a player from Ajax nobody else is looking at, that fee would be well over his market value. But that's what happens when you let things drag through a window and clubs know you are more desperate.

No question ten Hag wants him after Timber collapsed. So he has worth to Utd in the state they currently are. I aren't dissing the signing. That's Utds business and where their status currently is.

But it doesn't alter the fact Utd are now having to pay over the odds to get him through their own incompetence in the market.

And there's a reason Arsenal and United are the only clubs in for him. The state of those two clubs are his current level. And at that he's effectively the Timber alternative after he walked away.

So for a player from Ajax nobody else is looking at, that fee would be well over his market value. But that's what happens when you let things drag through a window and clubs know you are more desperate.

No question ten Hag wants him after Timber collapsed. So he has worth to Utd in the state they currently are. I aren't dissing the signing. That's Utds business and where their status currently is.

But it doesn't alter the fact Utd are now having to pay over the odds to get him through their own incompetence in the market.
are you **** stering again lol