The Manchester United Thread

So what’s peeps thoughts on on the seasons starting line up if ETH gets all his targets in?

This inc: Malacia, Martinez, FDJ, Eriksen, Anthony

Indifferent tbh. Its hard for me to be optimistic when I feel disconnected from the club transfers. Way too many passengers in the club over the past 10 years or so and no transfer excites me. Most positive thing is a EtH, because he seems like a person who doesn't give a **** and only that kind of a person can turn things around, if backed properly. A lot of ifs still at the club so I'll hold my horses.

Indifferent tbh. Its hard for me to be optimistic when I feel disconnected from the club transfers. Way too many passengers in the club over the past 10 years or so and no transfer excites me. Most positive thing is a EtH, because he seems like a person who doesn't give a **** and only that kind of a person can turn things around, if backed properly. A lot of ifs still at the club so I'll hold my horses.
The other thing I’m encouraged about is the clear out so far. Those so called passengers are getting less and less. And I expect a lot more to follow this window on top of the 8 that have already left.

Another thing that intrigues me is what formation he will play and the Martinez transfer and his press comments. Will he opt for his 4231 used mostly in his last 2 seasons. Or 433 which he mostly used his first season with Martinez possibly playing DM.

Only think this after he said we was looking at CMs and attackers in his presser. But like a lot of Ajax fans have said to me he
Is tactics are varied depending on opponents and personnel. But his principals remain the same.

The other thing I’m encouraged about is the clear out so far. Those so called passengers are getting less and less. And I expect a lot more to follow this window on top of the 8 that have already left.
Still only Pogba, Lingard and Pereira left. So many more need to go. I'm not counting Mata and Matić in, they had some value to the club.

Still only Pogba, Lingard and Pereira left. So many more need to go. I'm not counting Mata and Matić in, they had some value to the club.
They didn’t really have value tbh Mata never played and was on 140k a week. And Matic could only play 60mins once a week and was on high wages. But he was good for those 60 mins I will admit. But by removing Grant, Mata, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Henderson, Periera, Levitt and the other released players. That gives us huge breathing room in terms of wages and the way we can structure deals.

It’s also important in regards to having 5 subs this season. Meaning of ETH gets his targets in we will have a stronger set to chose from the bench. And won’t be as weaker team selections in the cups.

Also in Whitwall latest piece. He’s says Garner, Pellistri and especially Zidane Iqbal have impressed the most from the youngsters since training started.

Is it a really a clear out if most of those are just running out of contact. Out of 8 players 1 sold, 1 loan, 6 end of contract :D

Is it a really a clear out if most of those are just running out of contact. Out of 8 players 1 sold, 1 loan, 6 end of contract :D
Yes it’s a clear out. They have still left the club and no longer on the wage bill. Woodward would of begged them to stay on bumper contracts for multiple seasons

They didn’t really have value tbh Mata never played and was on 140k a week. And Matic could only play 60mins once a week and was on high wages. But he was good for those 60 mins I will admit. But by removing Grant, Mata, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Henderson, Periera, Levitt and the other released players. That gives us huge breathing room in terms of wages and the way we can structure deals.

It’s also important in regards to having 5 subs this season. Meaning of ETH gets his targets in we will have a stronger set to chose from the bench. And won’t be as weaker team selections in the cups.
Oh it was correct to let them go, but unlike Lingard and Pogba, they weren't disrupting the team. They were professionals and they were doing their job best to their capabilities. Grant is 3rd choice GK, Henderson is on loan with United playing most of his wages, Pereira is a good piece of business and Levitt was never close to first team anyway.
You still have Martial, Chong, couple of fullbacks and centrebacks. Like 6 players at least who are on bad contracts/not good enough.

Oh it was correct to let them go, but unlike Lingard and Pogba, they weren't disrupting the team. They were professionals and they were doing their job best to their capabilities. Grant is 3rd choice GK, Henderson is on loan with United playing most of his wages, Pereira is a good piece of business and Levitt was never close to first team anyway.
You still have Martial, Chong, couple of fullbacks and centrebacks. Like 6 players at least who are on bad contracts/not good enough.
Nott Forest are paying all Hendersons wages according to Ornstien and others who reported it as we didn’t command a loan fee. Martial making you eat your words 😋

Nott Forest are paying all Hendersons wages according to Ornstien and others who reported it as we didn’t command a loan fee. Martial making you eat your words 😋
Not gonna lie, even though it is friendly, one of the most satisfying things to see is Savage/Iqbal dominating Fabinho/Thiago/Keita at times. That and Bailly playing libero, hilarious.

Not gonna lie, even though it is friendly, one of the most satisfying things to see is Savage/Iqbal dominating Fabinho/Thiago/Keita at times. That and Bailly playing libero, hilarious.
I’ve never seen 2 full paid professional footballers look so awkward with the ball than Telles and AWB. Hopefully both are gone by the end of the summer.

On the 2 you mention. Savage I love he just keeps it simple. Works his *** off and never really gives the ball away under pressure. Could be a good squad player in the future. Zidane Iqbal originally an attacking CM/LW developed into a top class looking CM last season playing a lot deeper. He’s just pure quality in everything he does. Never looks rushed or flustered. Encouraging signs for sure all round.

Love ETH interview! Lots of potential and encouraging. But I sore a lot of mistakes and don’t get carry away and lots and lots of work.

Sore the best and worst of Fred today also. Bailly impressed but will likely hear he’s out for 6 weeks now🤣 Sancho and Rashford looked dangerous. And if Martial could play like that week in week out he would be the top class forward we all expected him to be. McTominey frustrating when in possession hiding behind players🤦🏻‍♂️ Malacia looked decent on his first outing. Composed front foot proactive defender and looks strong as an ox. The front 3 in the second half showed potential but still look a bit to raw atm. Don’t like Donny at 10 either. Dalot looked more balanced in his game I thought.