The Manchester United Thread

While true in a way on current form. But Martial has definately show he can be a starting STR for us. His ability isn’t the problem. Like ETH said yesterday about him. If he keeps his focus and determination he can be a great contributor for us.
He’s also made of glass mate. Can’t rely on just martial next season.
Any cheap ex-Ajax center forwards out there? Or eredivisie players give or take?

Talking forwards, with the big Pole looking like he’s getting boxed to Barcelona, that opens up Munich for Ronaldo. Which would leave United what at this stage? Dybala?

Is it today Barcelona go on tour BTW? Anxious day if it is to see if he makes the plane.
I doubt xavi leaves him out. He isn’t the type of manager to freeze out players

He’s also made of glass mate. Can’t rely on just martial next season.
Any cheap ex-Ajax center forwards out there? Or eredivisie players give or take?
I think his so called injuries were more can’t be arsed once challenged tbh. Which is totally shocking in itself. But most times when he’s been No1 he’s been very good and motivated. I would prefer a back up though tbh!

For sure. Screw Dybala, injuries ruined him.
That’s really not my only issue with Dybala. Besides the ridiculous wages he’d likely ask for, he’s present us with a “Pogba” problem: we’d need to accommodate tactically to have him on the pitch. Doesn’t help that he plays in a position similar to Bruno.

Also, for the record, I don’t think Bayern are going anywhere near Ronaldo. He’ll shatter their wage structure again which they’d be unwilling to entertain again after Sane.

I think they might probably go for Victor Oshimen.

Gotta admit, Jorge Mendes sure overplayed his hand with this one. I can only see Sporting taking him on massively reduced wages (or maybe he ***** off to Saudi Arabia)

Also, for the record, I don’t think Bayern are going anywhere near Ronaldo. He’ll shatter their wage structure again which they’d be unwilling to entertain again after Sane.

I think they might probably go for Victor Oshimen.

Gotta admit, Jorge Mendes sure overplayed his hand with this one. I can only see Sporting taking him on massively reduced wages (or maybe he ***** off to Saudi Arabia)
Yeah can see him going for him but not this summer or next. He’s on a big long term contract and there record signing. And it’s Napoli lol. He’s gonna cost €89m + at least and to me he doesn’t seem anywhere near that good of a player

Yeah Bayern makes no sense, even he was willing to take massive wage cut he doesn't fit the system since they press super high.

Last edited:
Think we will here some news on Anthony from Ajax soon as they have just signed there 4th attacking player. And Braithwaite from Barca will be joining soon

Oh btw, Frenkie is with Barca's traveling squad.

Chriat thats even worse for them after they went out last week to box him.

Utd need to seriously walk away. He’s taking the P now out of Utd as much as Barcelona are out of him.

I never understood why they’d want a player who doesn’t want them to atart with. But if ever it needed confirming he wants to stay at Barcelona and will ride this out ‘till they have to keep him next season its making that plane.

The problem now though if they do the right thing is any alternative will be double the price this late in the window.

*Exit* ‘Alternatives’ as he needs more than one.

Last edited:
It needs a couple more quality additions but I wouldn’t say worryingly small. If anything it’s been to big previous seasons

You wouldn’t mate?

4 recognised midfielders/ 1 recognised centre-forward backed-up by unproven/ unready kids? And at that vdB has a massive question mark hanging over him.

Its alright clearing out what you have but not if they aren’t replaced.

If ten Hag has to go into the season with that as I type my God go with him.

*Edit* 5 misfielders sorry. Eriksen’s just been added in the Bruno role hasn’t he. Slipped my mind.

Last edited:
You wouldn’t mate?

4 recognised midfielders/ 1 recognised centre-forward backed-up by unproven/ unready kids? And at that vdB has a massive question mark hanging over him.

Its alright clearing out what you have but not if they aren’t replaced.

If ten Hag has to go into the season with that as I type my God go with him.

*Edit* 5 misfielders sorry. Eriksen’s just been added in the Bruno role hasn’t he. Slipped my mind.
He will be playing deeper according to reports like he did at times at Spurs and for his time at Brentford. DVB will be Bruno back up and 6 if needed

So squad so far.

DDG, Heaton, Kovar

Dalot, AWB, Laird, Shaw, Telles, Malacia, Williams

Maguire, Varane, Linderlof, Martinez, Bailly, Jones, Tuanzebe, Mengi

Fred, McTominey, Eriksen, Garner, Mejbri, DVB, Bruno

Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Elanga, Chong, Amad, Pellistri, Garnacho

who comes in and goes out who knows. But that isn’t a terrible squad either way. Unbalanced yes but not terrible. Still time to improve. Im expecting at least 3/4 ins inc 3rd choice keeper

Mate it honestly is. A lot weaker than last season as of right now with Ronaldo staying away and players not replaced. And its a couple of injuries away from being deciimated.

That’s as weak a Utd squad going into a season as I can remember. And you’ve had some poor players over the last decade.

He’s working with one hand tied his back right now. BUT, if he’s the one driving de Jong, he’s his own worst enemy. This isn’t Ajax and rhe Eredivisie.

Will have to agree to disagree. I think we are in a far better place in ways more than just numbers going into the new season. Which will change numbers wise before the window finishes anyway

Utd need to seriously walk away. He’s taking the P now out of Utd as much as Barcelona are out of him.

I never understood why they’d want a player who doesn’t want them to atart with. But if ever it needed confirming he wants to stay at Barcelona and will ride this out ‘till they have to keep him next season its making that plane.

The problem now though if they do the right thing is any alternative will be double the price this late in the window.

Can we be done with it? Going down the rabbit hole constantly, there's nothing there.

In the end, there's still over a month worth of this transfer window and this will be test for United upper management and if they learned anything from previous failures.

Pretty sure we could get Fabian Ruiz for ~£25 million (last year on his contract etc).

I’d want us to walk away primarily to screw over Barcelona at this point. They wouldn’t be able to register any of their new signings without offloading one of Busquets, FdJ or Pique so I’d love to see them just crash and burn.

Can we be done with it? Going down the rabbit hole constantly, there's nothing there .....

Ok, no worries. Just that its topical was all but it is beyond a tiresome farce now.

Pretty sure we could get Fabian Ruiz for ~£25 million (last year on his contract etc). .....

Forgive my complete ignorance mate but who's Fabian Ruiz again? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Rumours that we are in conversation with Sangare. If so, that would be good. Unproved in the Prem, but atleast we are actively trying to address a DM sort of signing, which has been needed for multiple windows now.

I'm still not seeing ST as a major issue right now, because I don't know where Ronaldo will go, unless someone does something rather stupid. Napoli potentially (if Osimhen moves to Bayern), but I doubt they'll be able to afford wages. It's a rather strange move by Mendes, so no idea.

But outside of current transfers, if we get 2 midfielders in and still go for a versatile attacker, that will be a pretty decent window. Major concern is still RB, but no movement at all on that, so not sure what is happening there. Plus, who knows, we have a coach who can actually coach, so maybe he will teach the horse new tricks.

I'm not sure about Maguire retaining captaincy though. One would think he would be third choice when everyone is fit (Varane + Martinez start), so it's kinda strange.

Will have to agree to disagree. I think we are in a far better place in ways more than just numbers going into the new season. Which will change numbers wise before the window finishes anyway

If I’ve ever seen an exaggeration, this is it. I’m not even going to address that midfield cos I’d sound like a broken record.

Defensively, we’ve got DDG, whom I’m not even sure is a good fit for a Ten Hag-esque high line (look at the goal we conceded yesterday), 2 right backs that offer next to nothing in the final third, 7 center halves with whom a couple (or maybe 3) spend more time on a physio bed than on the pitch, one with little experience, a new signing, Maguire and Lindelof. Oddly enough, I’m fine with the left back position as Luke Shaw with competition is a different breed of player all together.

Then we have our forward line: 2 center forwards, one that’s extremely streaky and a bit of a mood player (not to mention injury prone) and then there’s Ronaldo. Question marks over Rashford, Elanga is too raw, Diallo isn’t ready, neither is Pellestri so those two might go on loan. So there’s just Sancho, whom I’m expecting to have a huge season.

ETH could get creative and use Bruno as a false 9 but then, we’d need our wingers to bag 15-20 goals each. This goes back to Rashford and him finding form again.

There are just too many variables here with this team besides the midfield which itself is a dumpster fire.