The Manchester United Thread

Nicked from elsewhere-

Man United this summer transfer window are like a ****** single bloke trying to pick up a bird towards end of night in Flares. Literally staggering from one to the next until someone says yes

Pretty sure they stabbed Ralf in the back to land ETH's signature, 99% of managers prefer to be the main man if they have a choice. If the club had any brains they wouldn't have given that choice to the manager in a first place.
Correct but I feel the glazers just needed an excuse to bin him imo. The initial agreement with ETH was that he have the final say in all incoming transfers. I’m sure RR would’ve been brought at some point, to which ETH would’ve rebuffed as like you said, most managers love to have the defining say in transfers.

Looking at how this transfer window has gone, there’s a good reason managers shouldn’t have the final say on transfers. Granted our scouting team is diabolical atm but this is where I’d imagine RR’s connections with Red Bull would’ve been useful especially with their exception scouting system. Could’ve gotten us a few gems.

If that happens (de Jong. Not Aubameyang), I don't know how Arnold and Murtough would ever recover from the embarrassment.

Absolute laughing stock beside there names wouldn't begin to cover it.

If that happens (de Jong. Not Aubameyang), I don't know how Arnold and Murtough would ever recover from the embarrassment.

hes defo not coming here lol

On a side note, I heard Chelsea are willing to pay a record fee for Fofana. Quite interesting…

On a side note, I heard Chelsea are willing to pay a record fee for Fofana. Quite interesting…

Staggering the logic there. I mean he's a solid CH but van Dijk money and more ...... 👀👀

Their approach to recruitment is a mad as Utd's.

It's like the Chelsea owner is mirroring Utd's nuttiness over the past decade. Pay well over the odds for big name players, in a complete scatter-gun approach with no semblance of structured squad building. All in the main completely neglecting key area's of need.

Aubameyang, not that I'd touch the ***** with a bargepole, is the key one left of all as they don't have a F goalscorer. And they are currently still offloading any and all strikers they have!

One thing is for darn sure, Tommy Tucker can have NO excuses left after being handed a Kings ransom in transfer fees this window.

It's like the Chelsea owner is mirroring Utd's nuttiness over the past decade. Pay well over the odds for big name players, in a complete scatter-gun approach with no semblance of structured squad building. All in the main completely neglecting key area's of need.
One thing is for darn sure, Tommy Tucker can have NO excuses left after being handed a Kings ransom in transfer fees this window.
I would argue Chelsea’s transfer record has always been pretty shoddy especially over the past 7 years or so. They haven’t been as scrutinized as they should because of our clown show. Imagine paying £100 million for a CF that came from your academy and loaning that same player back to the club he was bought from in just a year…then you haven’t even touched on Kepa, Werner, Ziyech, Drinkwater etc.

I also do have a gut feeling that Tommy Tucker gets binned this season as he struggles to integrate £250 million worth of new signings. You just feel it’s written in the stars somewhere (similar to Lamps). Can’t afford a poor run of form after spending that much.

Yes say 'unlucky.'

I say he's one of the luckiest so and so's around as I don't have a F clue how how someone so tactically limited has landed the gigs that he has. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If it's limited but it works, it's not limited. Has Lord Jesus Klopp found a way to beat Tuchel without penalties yet?

It didn't work for him in Dortmund where he butchered what he inherited and made Klopp's side worse.

It didn't work for him in Paris where Munich were out on there legs in the CL final, yet were barely troubled at all by a limp PSG display.

And it's no longer working for him the more he's been figured out in England.

He's regressed massively at Chelsea. Limping into the top 4 in season 1 by virtue of Leicester collapsing on the last day. Finishing behind Klopp's decimated side in the process they were double figure points ahead of with 10 to play. A season only saved by Pep being Pep and completely outsmarting himself in a final City should never have lost in but beat themselves. And then again last year when he entered the season as one of the title favourites. Only to collapse, in his traditional, career long style, late and see the season meekly peter out to nothing. Losing in Europe when they never should have and losing both domestic finals. (3 in a row for him now at Chelsea is it?).

He's welcome to his 1 win/ 4 draw haul against us his time here. We're sound with a domestic cup double off him in return.

One of the most over hyped, limited managers in a LONG time IMHO.