The Manchester United Thread

To finish up the saga

Ajax coach Schreuder: ā€œItā€™s crazy how much clubs pay for certain players. ā‚¬115m for DembelĆ©, ā‚¬100m for Sanchoā€¦ If so, you can also pay ā‚¬100m for Antony. Are any of these players worth this much? No. But if these clubs pay, weā€™ll accept it.ā€

From the presser just now

Erik ten Hag once again confirms Cristiano Ronaldo will remain @ManUtd: "It is clear. We need quality players. You need more to cover all the games."

Ten Hag: "I think for this window [Antony and Martin DĆŗbravka] would be the end, but when there is great opportunity you always have to be alert at this top club."

Ten Hag on Wan-Bissaka: "Aaron will maybe stay. This squad will go from September to a minimum January. Then we will look again. We need to be alert." #mufc

Ten Hag: "Victor Lindelof is training, we will see how he today how he is. Martial is not available. Only for the weekend will see."
#mufc

Ten Hag on Antony: "There is an agreement between the clubs but the paperwork is not done, so I cannot go deep." #mufc

Ten Hag on back-to-back wins: ""I see it as a start, we have a good base. This is the minimum of what we have to bring." #mufc

To finish up the saga

Ajax coach Schreuder: ā€œItā€™s crazy how much clubs pay for certain players. ā‚¬115m for DembelĆ©, ā‚¬100m for Sanchoā€¦ If so, you can also pay ā‚¬100m for Antony. Are any of these players worth this much? No. But if these clubs pay, weā€™ll accept it.ā€
He sounds saltier than the sea

He sounds saltier than the sea
I would be also if you have next transfer lined up and it is pulled off when player arrives at Amsterdam. The deal was pushed to the limit and max money but as a coach if you are not getting new suitable player it is easy to be salty. Not much time either until end of transfer window.

Yeah I don't blame him one bit, he only just started the job and already got stabbed in the back.

Yeah I don't blame him one bit, he only just started the job and already got stabbed in the back.
He may get another stab if Chelsea sign Edson Ɓlvarez (the player is demanding to be sold like Anthony)!

I would be also if you have next transfer lined up and it is pulled off when player arrives at Amsterdam. The deal was pushed to the limit and max money but as a coach if you are not getting new suitable player it is easy to be salty. Not much time either until end of transfer window.
Thatā€™s understandable but why take that out on us? Why not take that up with the board? What does Sancho have to do with anything? (Ofc he incorrectly quotes his actual transfer fee). I feel for him but then again, when Bayern practically robbed them of Gravenberch and Mazaraoui for peanuts, we heard nothing but crickets.

Organisation wise the window has been a farce. But that aside itā€™s been a great window imo and the much needed first team squad rebuild that was needed. Cleared out most the deadwood saved a huge sum on wages. Got good loans for our youngsters and our signings look to be very good and all first teamers. Only thing I would of liked is more sales, but crazy wages put most clubs off so loans was only possible.

Few talks this morning that Memphis could be coming in on a free to bolster the attack which ETH wants to strengthen.

He may get another stab if Chelsea sign Edson Ɓlvarez (the player is demanding to be sold like Anthony)!
I know Marc Overmaars is a scum bag and all but you canā€™t deny he ran a tight ship at Ajax.

He usually got 80% of the squad sorted before the summer break, either with them signing an extension or a sale. Deals either got done quickly or not at all. And even in a saga, like with neres, they never outright protested like this. Itā€™s all changed with their new DoF, whom Iā€™ve heard to be very untrustworthy to say the least.

Chong going to Birmingham on a permanent for around Ā£5-7m apparently. Good deal if goes through. Never gonna make it here and a loan would of been a waste.

Just seen that after new signings and after players have been released, loaned, sold we have save nearly Ā£67m a season on wages. And itā€™s expected to go up with more loan and sales expected before the window close šŸ˜®šŸ˜®šŸ˜®

FB_IMG_1662055867617.jpg

Is it just me? Or is Rashford utter w.ank as a footballer now?

Back